HUD glass tint too dark top half...and a couple of other questions

I can't get either of the mods to work. It always shows the green "no texture" -texture. I tried unzipping the folder, then replacing the files, and leaving it as a folder or zipping it up again. Neither worked. Any ideas?

There are two files in the mod zip, copy them and overwrite them in DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures\FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Am I special?

There are two files in the mod zip, copy them and overwrite them in DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures\FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Thanks, I did not know I could just drag them into the .zip file:thumbup:

I think the textures probably got messed up from manually compressing the files again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

The mod makes a lot of difference in Id'ing tgts.

left pic unmoded, rt moded

placebo

Trying to see dark targets in the shadows on the rocks vs trying to see dark targets on the light green grass.

different resolutions as well,

try and do a direct comparison via track file

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

placebo

Trying to see dark targets in the shadows on the rocks vs trying to see dark targets on the light green grass.

different resolutions as well,

try and do a direct comparison via track file

His example is not great agreed, but a clearer hud makes it easier to see things. That can not be argued.

Tried this mod out, after packaging it for OvGME, for about an hour during late:ish dawn in-game (~05:45 May 30) on PG.

Target spotting on ground and VID:ing stuff in air is easier, so is spotting details when in the groove for example. Great job, this is now added to my permanent must-have-mod-list! :D

If placebo was called on that specific example, fine. If it was called in a broader sense that the tint change itself is placebo I'd like to call you on it sir :)

Edited by TheBamse

Placebo? :lol:

One can argue until the cows come home, but the default HUD tint is too dark.

Next on my personal wish list is a modded canopy glass for the Hornet. The default texture with reflections/wear is not very well done. Even F-5E's default canopy is in better shape. (I'm looking at you, watermanpc) ;)

Edited by cabzi

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Installed Mod with OvGME

How does one get rid of the horizontal line on the upper 1/3 of the HUD?

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Installed Mod with OvGME

Happy Simming,

Monnie

I Guess you’d need to make the front piece of glass invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mod with OvGME

Happy Simming,

Monnie

I Guess you’d need to make the front piece of glass invisible.

This is the line I would like to eliminate. How would one do that?

utymdwO.jpg

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

This is the line I would like to eliminate. How would one do that?

utymdwO.jpg

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Make the Glass 100% Translucent.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Make the Glass 100% Translucent.

Which line in the Texture files controls the level of tint?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Which line in the Texture files controls the level of tint?

Alpha Layer of the Glass Texture

Alpha Layer of the Glass Texture

Thanks, Skate. Appreciate the response, cheers.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder folks, the tint

In real it is not dark, no HUD is dark. They have a special thin coat of chemicals sprayed in order to better reflect green color. This was primary designed for displaying FLIR green image on a HUD, and that coat is what makes it pink from the internal part only. So if one needs to actually simulate that effect on a HUD he should make it a bit pink, not dark/black.

https://files.fm/u/k99skpfd

Copy the 2 files from the mod to DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures\FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and overwrite them.

MBAM gives a malware block for that site - and these are very rare (at least for me) and no way I would ignore it.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

https://files.fm/u/k99skpfd

Copy the 2 files from the mod to DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures\FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and overwrite them.

This worked for me for a while but no longer works. I really miss having a clear HUD glass so I can see properly on my flat 2d monitor. Does anyone have a way to get this working again?