Change ground unit default behavior?

I've searched around a bit for this and can't find anything. Is there a way to alter the default behavior of ground units under fire? Right now, if a convoy gets attacked, it splits off and then each unit just sits there stationary for quite a while, regardless of whether there is any cover available. In essence, they make themselves much easier targets until, several minutes in the future, they all decide to get moving again. All ground unit stuff seems to need a very significant overhaul but in the meantime is there a way to hack around and change or alter this behavior?

There is an advanced waypoint option - 'Disperse under fire' it allows setting the dispersal radius, time out (default is 10min = 600 sec) or disabling the behaviour, so units keep moving.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I found it under Set Option. There appears to only be a timeout option, but that's a good start. Does it inherit this trait from a previous waypoint, unless overwritten? (ie, can I set it on the unit itself at "waypoint 0" and have it pass all the way through? Or do I have to set it at each waypoint?)

A way to make this global would be awesome.

A way to have it invoke units actually taking cover would be even better, but I'm probably asking for too much now.

Thanks for the help guys -- any further best practices or advice on related issues would also be appreciated, feel free to drop them all on me! I tend to drop in and out of the DCS editor every year or so and it's not super intuitive so I usually forget lots.