HELP wanted! KEYBINDS X55 AV8BNA in appreciation!

protea1

Watched all the videos on dmt slewing etc etc....for firing the mavericks.

Can anyone suggest the keybinds on the X55 as I am having problems doing so.....they don't seem to work for me at all as they should...ie the best solution on the hotas.

< I wish to setup from within the game not a profile....pr0>

Thanks

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using a x55 and use the top hat switch on my throttle for slewing. I am away from my computer for Christmas otherwise I would do you some sort of key map for you.

For the record the only keys I have had to bind outside of the game are the air brake (so I can use the slider on the throttle I had to write a macro in the saitek software) and also setting the mode dial to the different aircraft master modes (VSTOL, AG, NAV), again I had to use the saitek software for this for a macro after disabling the mode option for the Harrier profile.

disabling the mode option for the Harrier profile.
Interesting, I want to turn mode 1/2/3 into the master mode selector. So I've just tried to do this in the X-55 software, using grid view to see the 3 columns for the mode switches, but am now stuck on how to diable the mode options. I have tried setting each one to 'No buttons' which works for one, then I get "You must change the buttons that select this shiftstate" and it is forcing me to assign another button/switch to each mode which doesn't seem right. Please could you elaborate how you did it?

Sorry for jumping into the OP's post like this.

Edited by bell_rj

PC specs:

Interesting, I want to turn mode 1/2/3 into the master mode selector. So I've just tried to do this in the X-55 software, using grid view to see the 3 columns for the mode switches, but am now stuck on how to diable the mode options. I have tried setting each one to 'No buttons' which works for one, then I get "You must change the buttons that select this shiftstate" and it is forcing me to assign another button/switch to each mode which doesn't seem right. Please could you elaborate how you did it?

Sorry for jumping into the OP's post like this.

Normally I would share the profile or screenshot the page but as I mentioned I am away at the moment.

From memory though I tried setting the switch to fallback but it wouldn't allow me to change all three mode settings as such so I left them as mode1/2/3. Above where the drop down menu to select mode, fallback etc there is a box to record macro, I just programmed a basic key press macro to change master modes as per the key bind in game. Then under each mode set the speed brake switch to the macro I already had for the airbrake deployment.

As mentioned earlier all the other bindings are set in game so the only things I have set by macro in the saitek software is the MM selection and air brake. So what I have done does not disable the mode in the drivers, it just also sends a key press when you do change mode.

Hopefully this makes sense, if not I will install saiteks software on my laptop and setup a new profile if I can (without my HOTAS).

Edited by noisy_lightning

Watched all the videos on dmt slewing etc etc....for firing the mavericks.

Can anyone suggest the keybinds on the X55 as I am having problems doing so.....they don't seem to work for me at all as they should...ie the best solution on the hotas.

< I wish to setup from within the game not a profile....pr0>

Thanks

Here are my X-55 keybinds.

They are in html form, so you will have to bind them manually in-game.

AV8BNA - Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino.rar

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I don't think slewing axis binds (for that specifically) work yet so you have to bind them to keybinds temporarily.

Ahaa! I thought so!

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MUCH appreciated

Much appreciated to all comments will experiment once again!

Merry Christmas to all!

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just wish saitek would allow us to set the mouse nipple as a generic axis rather than having use it as purely a mouse cursor or use bands for keypress macro activation.

Agreed. Before I *cough*attempted to repair*cough* my x55 I was annoyed by the same thing. Only way to use it as you suggest is through the software.

I have temporarily moved to the Thrustmaster 1600 throttle with my X55 stick (soon to be replaced by the VKB MCG pro and VKB throttle once it comes out).

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Agreed. Before I *cough*attempted to repair*cough* my x55 I was annoyed by the same thing. Only way to use it as you suggest is through the software.

I have temporarily moved to the Thrustmaster 1600 throttle with my X55 stick (soon to be replaced by the VKB MCG pro and VKB throttle once it comes out).

I have been lucky with my x55 and had no problems with it mechanically.

There was a forum post on here a bit back where someone used a replacement Playstation Portable anologue stuck and replaced the mouse nipple with that and it worked a treat. Considering doing that at some point as it would make a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you share your mapping for the 1600 please? I have the throttle and stick and would really appreciate some mapping insight :-)