X55 HOTAS HELP ANYONE?

protea1

Can any member help with an X55 Saitek hotas profile for the AJS37?

Cannot seem top create one correctly.

please could you post in the forum or userfiles on the DCS website!

Thanks in advance!

Be well!

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So first and foremost, there are not a whole lot of reasons to use the Saitek/Mad Catz profile software for DCS as it will only over-complicate things for you. It is easier and more efficient to bind all your controls in the DCS controls menu itself.

Now, here is the part you may not want to hear. It is generally a good idea to just simply sit down and bind your own controls for DCS. I know that it can be a daunting process for someone who is not experienced but once you do it, you will see that not only is it easier for you to remember the controls (since you don't need to memorize someone else's controls setup) but it also allows you to develop your own methods to binding controls that work well for you in particular.

Here is one tip, look at what is bound on the actual stick and throttle (via the manual). Use that as a general guide to what you should bind on your X55. Again, remember that this all can be done in the DCS controls menu itself, you don't need to make a profile with the Mad Catz/Saitek profile software itself.

So first and foremost, there are not a whole lot of reasons to use the Saitek/Mad Catz profile software for DCS as it will only over-complicate things for you. It is easier and more efficient to bind all your controls in the DCS controls menu itself.

Now, here is the part you may not want to hear. It is generally a good idea to just simply sit down and bind your own controls for DCS. I know that it can be a daunting process for someone who is not experienced but once you do it, you will see that not only is it easier for you to remember the controls (since you don't need to memorize someone else's controls setup) but it also allows you to develop your own methods to binding controls that work well for you in particular.

Here is one tip, look at what is bound on the actual stick and throttle (via the manual). Use that as a general guide to what you should bind on your X55. Again, remember that this all can be done in the DCS controls menu itself, you don't need to make a profile with the Mad Catz/Saitek profile software itself.

Great advice.

I have the X55 and just use DCS key binds. Its best to learn the aircraft and bind what you need as HOTAS. You are your own systems engineer, making the aircraft work for your setup. Definitely better than learning someone else's set up.

I have an old joystick plugged in to a spare USB. I use that as the Radar stick, T0, T1 and TV from the trigger #1 and #2. The stick x,y, is bound to the Radar. This frees up the X55 stick and simulates the Viggens Radar stick.:)

A big plus is the clickable cockpit. The Master Mode and the Weapons Mode selectors benefit from being looked at and clicked. The inputs into the computer likewise.

Add a Voice Attack profile for radio commands and your there!:thumbup:

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Yup, binding the HOTAS yourself through the DCS controls menu is the way to go because often times you can use the same binding for certain controls in multiple aircraft. This prevents you from having to learn someone else's profiles when flying multiple planes.

There is simply no way to tell what button they are talking about ;

I have the x52 pro differing from yours with an MFD on the left part of the HOTAS (Throttle).

I suspect you have more buttons/toggles than me, but the shift and 3 modes make up for it, especially when the particular function I have bound to that particular toggle is displayed in the middle line of the mfd. I also suspect that what I have to say, with your having the x55 doesn't help you very much.

At least I agree with my fellow Saitek "victims", yes the Satek-configured profiles are the worst. For example, I found a Saitek profile for the Ka-50 had navigation-related switches bound to first trigger. WHHHAAAT????

Using the Madcatz SST programming software I usually do the following kinds of things with mfd; bind the left wheel brake to T1 and then go to the programming software, type in that function (i.e., L Wheel Brake") so that it displays what the toggle does in the middle line of the mfd.

Actually I chose the MFD model assuming that the middle line reflected what I entered in the DCS software's "adjust Controls" subroutine of Esc.

Also you will note that if they are present, you may find some subroutines bound to non-existent buttons, hats, and toggles. Some go up to Button 30 and where is that among the mere 8 that I can access on the x52 HOTAS????

That is when I dug for about a month and discovered the SST software and manual under the MADCATZ site and started a system roughly described here.

There are actually 7 buttons on the x52 pro, and you have many more in place of the MFD. . Using the SST programming method requires devoting a lot of time just once, and not needing to remember what is bound to what.

Also check YouTube for an answer. I have found so many valuable casts that surpass the DCS training programs.

In conclusion, I don't think Saitek has a clue about the DCS format. However I find what I do with the the mfd is indispensable when it comes to recalling what the controllers do. Do your own....it isn't that bad!

Alienware Aurora R6 Base; Intel® Core i5-7400 Processor (4-Cores, 6MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, up to 3.5GHz); 16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5; Intel® Core i5 Label

Intel Wireless 3165 Driver;; 802.11ac + Bluetooth, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1; 2TB 7200RPM 6Gb/s; 460W PSU Air Cooled Chassis

Edited by jude'dekilla

THANKS!

will try but methinks a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog would be the correct way to go eventually!

cheers and thanks

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]