Dedicated radar screen.

Thinder

Hi!

I'm new here, but I already know what I want for my PC stage 2 upgrade:

A 7' or 10' dedicated radar screen, something I would position below my 22' and would let me see the radar screen and cursors (when hovering above it) without having to change view.

Eventually, if I am satisfied with this solution, I'll apply the same for the RWR in the future.

>

If anyone has an affordable solution, it would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Specs (subject to change due to upgrades in the process):

AMD FX-4300, Radeon RX 5500 XT GAMING OC 8GB (In order), 16GB 1600 DDR3 to be upgraded to motherboard maxi of 32 GB, THRUSTMASTER T-16000M HOTAS (in order).

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Eyoyo 8 Inch HDMI LCD 4:3 TFT LCD Mini Display 1024x768

Then just export it.

Thanks! I'll be looking into it.

Fly safe!

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

I had two of these with the TM MFD on top. Everything was great flying my A-10C around. Then ED had to release the damn F/A-18. Screwed it all up. So now I just use a old 24” monitor and mounted three TM MFDs on top. Works great.

I guess that's the way to go.

I suppose that you can export each screen into those HDMI LCDs, but can you actually use the cursor on the radar for selecting and locking targets?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my gear to be delivered, my current graphic card can't handle the game so there is no point even trying to figure the settings yet...

• 2 weeks later...
How do you get the radars and MDFs to show up as a separate screen.

In the game it is part of the overall cockpit but I've never seen anything that will let up pull it up as a separate window on your monitor.

I don't know yet, I am still in the process of upgrading my PC, but I know two things for sure.

You can zoon on it and then you also can use a radar scope repeater which is attached to your visor in the game. There might be a possibility to isolate either one or the other or even both of them and export it as a zoomed image to your second monitor.

MDFs can be exported. If you want radar exported (when it's not on the MFD) that's a different problem.

I'm going to use Ikarus to mirror EW and save the three MDFs (which are exported) for things like SA, weapons, and radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Support same day reply to my request, very useful!

Subject: Your ticket has been updated

Hello,

Please ask on the forums

Input and Output

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Multimonitor setup - ED forum links

Consolidated Multi-monitor setup threads (FAQ's)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127691

DCS: A-10C Warthog » Bugs and Problems » Multi-Monitor and Other Displays

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=138

DCS World 1.5 & 2.5 » 2.5 Open Beta Bugs and Problems » Multi-Monitor Support

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=454

Legacy Versions » 2.0 Open Alpha Bugs and Problems » Multi-Monitor Support

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=483

also you always can use Search Forums

https://forums.eagle.ru/search.php

--

Best regards,

Anatoly Zhavoronkov

Eagle Dynamics Support Team

How do you get the radars and MDFs to show up as a separate screen.

In the game it is part of the overall cockpit but I've never seen anything that will let up pull it up as a separate window on your monitor.

You can use HELIOS. There are several pre-made that already have the MFD's and clickable buttons set up.

I've been working on getting my touchscreen finished. I can click on the buttons as well.. Here's a link to a pretty good tutorial on how to install and make it work. I'm having a little difficulty getting the UFC and IFEI to display, but the MFD's work.

Here's a pic of my current F-18 monitor setup. The top screen is the HELIOS touchscreen.

UFC_IFEI_not_displaying_on_Helios.jpg

You can use HELIOS. There are several pre-made that already have the MFD's and clickable buttons set up.

I've been working on getting my touchscreen finished. I can click on the buttons as well.. Here's a link to a pretty good tutorial on how to install and make it work. I'm having a little difficulty getting the UFC and IFEI to display, but the MFD's work.

Here's a pic of my current F-18 monitor setup. The top screen is the HELIOS touchscreen.

UFC_IFEI_not_displaying_on_Helios.jpg

Thanks! That's great Infos!

• 3 weeks later...

I just export the 3 screens to a second 22" screen my understanding is the 3 screens dont add more than a single in terms of fps drop

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

[ATTACH]241720[/ATTACH]

You can modify your lua files and get it to export lots of stuff. I even disabled the in game MFD's to help with frame rates.

edit: Not sure why it turned my pic sideways but anyways.

Can you share the specifics on how you disabled the cockpit MFD's? I have a second monitor that displays them, and I'd like to experiment with turning off the ones on the main display.