[NO IT IS A RAZBAM PROJECT]Is ED involved now in Harrier development?

amalahama

Hi,

Last ED newspaper left me wary... not only the specific paragraph about the Harrier is suspicious, apparently ED has updated AV-8B shop page with new screenshots, including what it looks like Tarawa integration with Super Carrier API.

That let me wonder if ED is maybe lending a hand to RB for bringing the Harrier to an acceptable quality and maturity level, more in line with what a DCS-stamped title should have. If true, it would be wonderful news and I hope to see the results very soon!

Yeah I would be great to benefit from the Supercarrier features with the Tarawa ! I look forward to it

Kind regards,

Vince

PC:

i5-7300HQ@2,5GHz | nVidia GTX 1050 Ti | 8Gb RAM | 256GB SSD for Windows+DCS | Windows10

Modules:

Mirage2000C | AV-8B N/A | MiG-21Bis | F-5E | L-39 | Gazelle | FC3

Combined Arms | Supercarrier

NTTR | Persian Gulf

From razham I have two wishes...

1) complete Harrier, properly.

2) then focus to MiG-23MLA. PROPERLY.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

No, that doesn't look like ''Supercarrier API integration''. Those static crewmen have been there all along. There's also nothing ''suspicious'' about the newsletter. They promote various aircraft sometimes. Today they chose the Harrier.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

No, that doesn't look like ''Supercarrier API integration''. Those static crewmen have been there all along. There's also nothing ''suspicious'' about the newsletter. They promote various aircraft sometimes. Today they chose the Harrier.

I'm afraid I will have to correct you on this one. The Tarawa deck crew, that has been around for quite a while, is far from static.

(The tractor driver moves his head.)

I hope they will do the AV-8B+ as a joint venture eventually. Razbam could supply the 3D model, FM and current code base. ED could code the remaining system and reuse a lot of code Hornet radar code in the process., while Razbam coders could focus on their other projects.

I'm afraid I will have to correct you on this one. The Tarawa deck crew, that has been around for quite a while, is far from static.

(The tractor driver moves his head.)

That's still static, ffs. I know his head moves. That's it. They do not move or interact in any way shape or form. That's static. Hasn't got jack to do with the supercarrier.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I hope so.

The Harrier had suffered from various problems in spawning on Tarawa since forever... and it seems that this depends on ED breaking stuff that Razbam can’t fix, and ED neither as the Tarawa it's not theirs.

Or at least there is no other way to explain why the Harrier can’t correctly spawn on the Tarawa since eons.

I asked BigNewy on discord about the Newsletter part of the Harrier and he said it is just them (ED) promoting their 3rd Party created content (which goes in hand with the new screenshots I guess), we'll probably see this happening with other modules in future I guess. I personally don't think ED is not involved in the development now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope so.

The Harrier had suffered from various problems in spawning on Tarawa since forever... and it seems that this depends on ED breaking stuff that Razbam can’t fix, and ED neither as the Tarawa it's not theirs.

Or at least there is no other way to explain why the Harrier can’t correctly spawn on the Tarawa since eons.

The Tarawa was a model created by Razbam and remains theirs to fix it’s just another bug that has gone on for too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked BigNewy on discord about the Newsletter part of the Harrier and he said it is just them (ED) promoting their 3rd Party created content (which goes in hand with the new screenshots I guess), we'll probably see this happening with other modules in future I guess. I personally don't think ED is not involved in the development now

That's a pity. We would have to content with the joke we have now

• ED Team

RAZBAM as one of our third parties is working very hard, occasionally we will share third party projects in the newsletter.

It is good to highlight the hard work being done by the different teams.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2