VAICOMM/AIRIO - problems with recognizing some functions

VirusAM

I seem to have a similar problem but just with Tacan Tune. In the Voice Attack window it recognizes 'Tacan tune X-ray 43' and I get the beep after the complete sentence but I only get the window of 'Tacan tune'. Using Tacan tune Arco or some such works without problem.

At some point it did work though.

I have also lot of troubles with radio frequencies. And as RIO disables the normal Jester wheel, it gets unsuable :(

My precise issue is I can't dicate "zero" when asking the frequency.

For example if I ask Radio change 2 5 1 point 0 (I changed the command to "change" and "point")

It will recognize 2 5 1 . 7 0

The zero always is misunderstood for whatever reason. If I say just two five one point zero out of the blue this is perfectly recognized by the engine ("Unrecognized '251.0'). It's just not working when using the jester command.

Any advice?

I have also lot of troubles with radio frequencies. And as RIO disables the normal Jester wheel, it gets unsuable :(

For example if I ask Radio change 2 5 1 point 0 (I changed the command to "change" and "point")

The zero always is misunderstood for whatever reason. If I say just two five one point zero out of the blue this is perfectly recognized by the engine ("Unrecognized '251.0'). It's just not working when using the jester command.

Any advice?

Try adding another 0 after the decimal point. If I only use one it also decides to add a 7 or 6 into the frequency

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

"1:01:36.793 Recognized : 'radio tune 2 5 1 decimal 6 0'"

I said decimal zero zero :(

Will have a try on my setup later. TBH, i just tend to jump to the back seat, tune the radio and then hop back. I have set up a couple of VA commands to move to position 2 (RIO) and back to position 1 (pilot)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Would be perfect to just have the Jester wheel in parallel..... It's a pleasure to just say Drop tanks and he drops them, but in the meantime it's impossible to use radio :(

I have just retried and I think I can now get it to work reliably for me. The trick has been for me to change from saying zero to 'o' (as in the letter). I can now get it to tune to 126.00 (or any other frequency) whenever I want:D

Hopefully this may also work for you

Any advice?

Have same problem, you must say only "251 decimal" and then you get 251.0 try it :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Agreed just decimal works. Strange workaround though. Maybe something changes internally in voice attack ? Was that function working correctly before?

:doh:

I have no idea

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

:doh:

I have no idea

I didn’t have time to try this...

But admitting that this would work...

What if i need frequency 225.25 (just as an example..something that doesn’t end with 0)...

So seeing that many of us have this issue...

Please Hollywood could you make attention to it and try to understand what is causing it?

Thanka

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

So, the following was tested again:

TACAN Tune: " TACAN Tune X-Ray zero eight five" etc. Works without problems.

Link Tune: "Link Tune two five decimal zero" etc. Works without problems.

Radio Tune: "Radio Tune three one zero decimal five", ".. decimal one two five" etc. Works without problems.

The problem is not with plugin functioning.

As recommended earlier, do a hard reset by removing Database and Config subfolfders to exclude any snags.

Get a fresh profile via Config/Export, Import in VA, restart and follow the FINISH steps.

Invest time in improving your recognition rates following the manual syntax, practice speech pacing, use voice training.

Also suggest to check out VSPX: some people get best results with that.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for the tips,

I reset everything as you recommended and import fresh profile again.

Same result for me:

I say Radio Tune 2 5 1 decimal zero

I get:

1:00:45.387 Recognized : 'radio tune 2 5 1 decimal 7 0'

I say Radio Tune 2 5 1 decimal

I get

1:01:01.823 Recognized : 'radio tune 2 5 1 decimal 0'

If I say Tacan Tune Xray Seven Zero

I get:

1:03:20.886 Recognized : 'tacan tune x-ray 0 7 7'

If I say Tacn Tune Xray Seven

I get:

1:03:36.823 Recognized : 'tacan tune x-ray 0 7 0'

And I just realized it works if I in fact replace zero by saying 'oh'. Can it be because of selected speech recognition engine? I use UK one ?

By the way: is it planned to include the names of new supercarrier carriers in the Link Host commands?

Just found something interesting I guess.

I have the selected option "import theatre"

And here's what I had when trying to learn some word recognition

If I hit "alias" button it corresponds to Kuznetzov.

Might be the cause of the troubles isn't it?

rio.jpg.abb2cec8088a3d67441e9ffb51483e92.jpg

So, the following was tested again:

TACAN Tune: " TACAN Tune X-Ray zero eight five" etc. Works without problems.

Link Tune: "Link Tune two five decimal zero" etc. Works without problems.

Radio Tune: "Radio Tune three one zero decimal five", ".. decimal one two five" etc. Works without problems.

The problem is not with plugin functioning.

As recommended earlier, do a hard reset by removing Database and Config subfolfders to exclude any snags.

Get a fresh profile via Config/Export, Import in VA, restart and follow the FINISH steps.

Invest time in improving your recognition rates following the manual syntax, practice speech pacing, use voice training.

Also suggest to check out VSPX: some people get best results with that.

Grtz

I did already reset everything...after the first responses to this thread...it won't change anything but i will do it again.

Also i have invested a lot of time in voice training (both in Windows and in Vaicomm training mode) and usually my phrases are recognized..... (90% of the time)...Just these special AIRIO functions are never recognized.

I mean if i say only decimal it understand as decimal

If i say radio tune 225 decimal 0 you saw that is recognized but without the decimal (recognized as 225.0 but unrecognized for Vaicomm)...

You saw also in my previous screenshot that tacan change x-ray 074 is correctly recognized by the speech engine but is unrecognized for VAICOMM...while tacan change yankee 074 sometimes is perfectly recognized..so what does this mean?

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

I deleted everything....and now it is worse then ever....

Many phrases that before were recognized are not recognized anymore....

I lost more then 1 hour redoing all the phrases one by one...

Nothing these AIRIO commands won't work...other Commands most time works...

Only AIRIO is the big issue for me

Edited by VirusAM

One stupid thing to try is going from UK to US or the opposite. For some reason I have lot of troubles with US whereas my accent is definitely far from UK cup of tea :)

I have only the US speech engine in the voice attack options..so I suppose i need to download somewhere amd install it.

Thanks for this suggestion, I will try it.

I have only the US speech engine in the voice attack options..so I suppose i need to download somewhere amd install it.

Thanks for this suggestion, I will try it.

It is a Windows speech option - you will need to change windows to English (UK) as well for it to work. Setting Windows to recognise non-native accents is also a good move

It is a Windows speech option - you will need to change windows to English (UK) as well for it to work. Setting Windows to recognise non-native accents is also a good move

Yes I know...as already told above I have only the US option.

So probably i need to install the UK language pack also.

The non-native accent option is already enabled..-it was the first thing I did :)

I will try also this...but I am a little bit skeptical because i see that the speech engine recognize me quite well (I did a lot of training and words recording) but these particular functions give issues with the word decimal....

It is recognized as a . (Which is what decimal is) but vaicomm really need the word “decimal” instead...

I recorded also “decimal” but 225 decimal 0 is recognized as 225.0...as it is...really...So i see nothing wrong in my recognition..but VAICOMM needs 225 decimal 0..which is basically the same thing...

that’s why I insist on some vaicomm issue maybe with particular Windows settings.

For example my PC language is in US English....but the regional options (formats, money, time) is for Italy...as it is where i live..maybe VAICOMM has some issue with these differences...

For example here... 10,000 euros...are ten euros...while an American would probably interpret it as ten thousand euros

For us europeans ten thousand euros is written this way: 10.000

So who knows...maybe some small detail different on our PCs can cause these issue?

I will always support Hollywood (I bought everything except the chatter), but in exchange i ask his support to understand what the culprit could be in this...maybe its one small setting or thing different on mine PC (and other people that have reported the same order of issues here) and he just need to code taking account of these differences.

Also another smaller issue that i have, but only sometimes, is that with some phrases it doesn’t wait for me to finish...and in these cases it oftee recognize the first part of my sentence and interpret in different ways..

So there is a way to set VAICOMM so that it waits for me to finish the sentence and release the transmit button before (trying) to interpret what i am saying?

Thanks

Edited by VirusAM

Couple of advices:

I agree something is wrong with the "zero". Although not 100% satisfying, I can solve this by saying "OH" instead of "ZERO". Don't ask why but it works, "zero" is a no go for recognistion of that command.

For the "decimal", you can just duplicate the command in the profile and replace "decimal" by "point". Feels more natural and gets recognized easier. Still don't forget to pronounce "oh" and not "zero" :)

Couple of advices:

I agree something is wrong with the "zero". Although not 100% satisfying, I can solve this by saying "OH" instead of "ZERO". Don't ask why but it works, "zero" is a no go for recognistion of that command.

For the "decimal", you can just duplicate the command in the profile and replace "decimal" by "point". Feels more natural and gets recognized easier. Still don't forget to pronounce "oh" and not "zero" :)

I also use Oh rather than 0.

Yes I know...as already told above I have only the US option.

So probably i need to install the UK language pack also.

The non-native accent option is already enabled..-it was the first thing I did :)

I will try also this...but I am a little bit skeptical because i see that the speech engine recognize me quite well (I did a lot of training and words recording) but these particular functions give issues with the word decimal....

It is recognized as a . (Which is what decimal is) but vaicomm really need the word “decimal” instead...

I recorded also “decimal” but 225 decimal 0 is recognized as 225.0...as it is...really...So i see nothing wrong in my recognition..but VAICOMM needs 225 decimal 0..which is basically the same thing...

that’s why I insist on some vaicomm issue maybe with particular Windows settings.

For example my PC language is in US English....but the regional options (formats, money, time) is for Italy...as it is where i live..maybe VAICOMM has some issue with these differences...

For example here... 10,000 euros...are ten euros...while an American would probably interpret it as ten thousand euros

For us europeans ten thousand euros is written this way: 10.000

So who knows...maybe some small detail different on our PCs can cause these issue?

I will always support Hollywood (I bought everything except the chatter), but in exchange i ask his support to understand what the culprit could be in this...maybe its one small setting or thing different on mine PC (and other people that have reported the same order of issues here) and he just need to code taking account of these differences.

Also another smaller issue that i have, but only sometimes, is that with some phrases it doesn’t wait for me to finish...and in these cases it oftee recognize the first part of my sentence and interpret in different ways..

So there is a way to set VAICOMM so that it waits for me to finish the sentence and release the transmit button before (trying) to interpret what i am saying?

Thanks

I am in the UK and we use the , and . as in the US. Now you have mentioned your difference between language and settings I will have a play with the settings on my machine to see what happens.

Does the issue go away if you temporarily change your locale settings to US?

You guys have the same "0" command in the database as in the picture I posted yesterday? Using import theatres?

I had before (see my first post) don't know from where it came from.

But i did a reset and know it is gone....(i did the reset twice).

But the reported issues are still there

Edited by VirusAM