Erhohte Notleistung?

VC

Apologies if this is known or asked before but I can only find references buried in other threads along the lines of "I wish we had this". Is the C-3 injection Erhohte Notleistung something that is planned to be added to the Anton (on the development roadmap) or has it been stated this will not be implemented on the DCS A-8? Or do we just not know if it's coming or not?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

The devs decided to make the bad version of the Anton without emergency power and have never since said a word about it. I dont think its coming unfortunately. Wasted opportunity to make a great module imo.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

F-8 should get this iirc, what A-8 will get nobody knows.

F8 will only get the Jabo variant. Not sure if that is needed at all.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

That bit from the shop is unclear if it means the C3 will be added only with the F-8 version. In any case that is not correct, since the regular A-8 was fitted with it and used as such in figher operations. If ED have simply decided that we're getting an earlier version A-8 without the boost then that's fine. Do we have an actual statement on that? Interesting to see further development on this type anyway.

Edited by VC

VC

If ED have simply decided that we're getting an earlier version A-8 without the boost then that's fine.

I don't think thats fine. The thing flies like a lawnmower. If you push a lawnmower off a cliff and hit an enemy plane with it, that doesnt mean that the lawnmower is a great dogfighter.

Even the German officials in WW2 stated that this version was way too undermotorized and more or less fixed the problem asap by the introduction of emergency power system (basically just some simple modifications that allowed more air into the engine and higher pressure).

When you are ED and want to develop a nice new plane, why would you take the worst version that ever existed of an iconic fighter plane? The Dora and Kurfürst are later 44 models as well and Anton was modified in June 44. Imo it's just sad things are like they are - I would have loved to have a nice Anton in the game.

• Like 1

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I don't think thats fine. The thing flies like a lawnmower. If you push a lawnmower off a cliff and hit an enemy plane with it, that doesnt mean that the lawnmower is a great dogfighter.

Even the German officials in WW2 stated that this version was way too undermotorized and more or less fixed the problem asap by the introduction of emergency power system (basically just some simple modifications that allowed more air into the engine and higher pressure).

When you are ED and want to develop a nice new plane, why would you take the worst version that ever existed of an iconic fighter plane? The Dora and Kurfürst are later 44 models as well and Anton was modified in June 44. Imo it's just sad things are like they are - I would have loved to have a nice Anton in the game.

I get you have very strong feelings about this. Don't misunderstand, I would love to have this feature otherwise I wouldn't be asking about it. But the A-8 is beautifully modelled anyway and I already had some success with it online. It is far from being a bad plane, it's an interesting challenge to fly. Would C-3 injection make it better? Sure! Do I want it? Of course. Is it fine without it? Also yes in my opinion.

VC

Yeah.. too bad. At least I had a good laugh, the comparison killed it, so thank you!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I get you have very strong feelings about this. Don't misunderstand, I would love to have this feature otherwise I wouldn't be asking about it. But the A-8 is beautifully modelled anyway and I already had some success with it online. It is far from being a bad plane, it's an interesting challenge to fly. Would C-3 injection make it better? Sure! Do I want it? Of course. Is it fine without it? Also yes in my opinion.

Having "success" online that does NOT count as being well modelled.. You can be successful in a motodelta and a handgun.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

There is another aspect that makes the increased boost even more required:

At the moment the Anton is quite a capable ground attacker for the german team. However, as soon as the F-8 gets realeased, the Anton gets more or less obsolete. Therefore it is essential to give the Anton a place in its intended role as a fighter.

There is another aspect that makes the increased boost even more required:

At the moment the Anton is quite a capable ground attacker for the german team. However, as soon as the F-8 gets realeased, the Anton gets more or less obsolete. Therefore it is essential to give the Anton a place in its intended role as a fighter.

F-8 is not in development right now so expect that it will take some time before f-8 will show on the stage

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Apparantly the increased boost is already in the game but is disabled. I have just learned this from this post from Yo-Yo: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3915347&postcount=50

So what is hindering them from adding the later version? Wouldn´t it be done by adding one switch to the cockpit? Or are there more things that differ from the variant we already have?

Edited by Schnelli

I don't think the boost per se is the salient factor here. There're probably more differences there than just enabling the thing.

No, there are no real differences between a A8 with standard boost and a A8 with increased boost, except for the boost lever in the cockpit.

I hope we get the boost with the engine damage model.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

As it comes to Anton's internal modelling as well? There could be more than meets the eye here, because what's under the hood is under the hood. And we're not there.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

As it comes to Anton's internal modelling as well? There could be more than meets the eye here, because what's under the hood is under the hood. And we're not there.

No, i'ts just increased boost for already built aircraft. The charts from '44 show a comparison between A8 that have standard boost and A8 with increased boost. There was a A9 planned with changes under the hood.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

OK, but doesn't all that depend on ED's (to us unknown) level of modelling detail? I.e. the new supercharger may f.ex. still have the same casing, but the impeller is different etc. and all that needs simulating and/or reimplementing. So even if the change appears trivial, is it really that?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Increased boost for Fw-190 from 1.42 to 1.58/1.65 is simply tweak in boost regulator. No internal parts o the engine were changed iirc.

C-3 injection need additional injection system.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor