peyvolt

Mirage F1 Poll  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Mirage F1 Poll

• Mirage EE+CE+Two seater
    • Mirage EE+CE+Two seater+Mirage F1M
    • only I want version EE
    • only I want version CE

Why? The option with more votes includes both the EE and the M. And a two seater too!

I have zero interest in a two seater. That will just make things exceptionally more complicated (AI, multiple cockpits to develop) and may raise the price. Although an AI only version would be nice.

I'll take the more modern single seat versions though.

• 3 years later...

I would prefer the Mirage F1C for reasons of simplicity, as others have pointed out it would be faster to complete and release than a ground attack/multirole variant or two seaters.

Also i think it was the most common export version so it makes more sense to have the interceptor instead of the multirole or the rarer two seaters version .

• 4 weeks later...
I would much prefer the EE version or the M only and not overtax Aviodev too much with MANY models. It looks like the polls favour many models...I guess overtaxing them it is...

i think people might have voted for that reason simply because it has the M in it.

So if they want the M that is the only option.

There is no M only option or EE+M option.

i think people might have voted for that reason simply because it has the M in it.

So if they want the M that is the only option.

There is no M only option or EE+M option.

Yeah...strange poll selection choices...

I would opt for M only and not overtax the devs. Creating just one module is taking loooong enough as it is...

And I dont see any problems with Aviodev making all these differents variants.

Actually I might prefer that to some others 3rd party who makes different airframes and cant keep on updating them.

Different variants of one same aircraft should be less of a problem.

And Im sure they will be able to hire some new guys if the sales go up with a sexy plane like the F1!

And I dont see any problems with Aviodev making all these differents variants.

Actually I might prefer that to some others 3rd party who makes different airframes and cant keep on updating them.

Different variants of one same aircraft should be less of a problem.

And Im sure they will be able to hire some new guys if the sales go up with a sexy plane like the F1!

It took pretty loooong for just the C-101 and its attack variant to come around

One model of aircraft equals more less time to finish and less headache. Also they could even hope to proceed to the next FRESH aircraft.

It already takes 2-3 Years for one model.

The thing is, Aviodev started with the C-101, which mean no earlier source of income and probably a small team, mainly when we consider that hardcore flight simulation is already a niche which don't generate tons of profits, and in top of that they made an aircraft as a third party which attract less customers than official ED/Belsimtek, and since they haven't made any previous aircraft peoples did not know how good/serious they were, which mean even less of early profits.

On top of that they didn't choose a popular aircraft (I did not even know it existed before they start making it) and it don't even have many real aircraft built which is another factor.

Tho for itself it have the fact that this is the first and only Spanish modern aircraft, even the first European before the Viggen came, and having two variant make it interesting to buy, this is literally two for the price of one, on top of that it is also an aerobatic aircraft, which have a great appeal.

I understand the choice of this aircraft as the first aircraft because it lack modern avionic, the most modern piece of equipment is the hud and this isn't a modern style hud with many data, only one for aiming and even here it is really simple even the AIM-9 it carry have better avionic, the cockpit and avionic are simple, it don't have targeting pod or radar or optical sensors which make it even easier to make, it lack built in cannon, it don't even have flares or chaff etc.

So for a first aircraft to make this is actually a good choice as less avionic mean easier/shorter development, but now they probably increased the size of their team after getting enough purchases, mostly if they aim a more complex aircraft, and since the new aircraft they aim to do is more popular and have a high demand, it appeared on wishlist before Aviodev appear on DCS community, they can increase their team size since they will make profits.

So this time it won't be too long to make the multiples variants.

Keep in mind that a lot of things are reused when making other variant of an aircraft, from existing 3D models to physic model (which depending on how different the aircrafts are can be anything between few tweaks of weight balance and stuff like that (like the A-10A and A-10C which are basically the same thing in term of aerodynamic feature) up to a totally different aerodynamic model (Su-27 and Su-33 are different enough that just tweaks aren't enough) and I don't even think the F-1 exterior changed except for the refueling probe.

And even if the avionic is different between all variant, even in the M it isn't that modern which reduce the complexity.

So I am not worry about them making 4 variants.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

All I know is we can use another Mirage! And being this is the F1, with high wing and tough landing gear, make it interesting and have a unique look!

If memory serves, I think there was a Persian Gulf operator, Iraq? I think they used F1's to attack Persian oil rigs back in the 80's...

All I know is we can use another Mirage! And being this is the F1, with high wing and tough landing gear, make it interesting and have a unique look!

If memory serves, I think there was a Persian Gulf operator, Iraq? I think they used F1's to attack Persian oil rigs back in the 80's...

Yep, Iraq, and nowadays Iran still operates them aswell.

Jordanie.Mirage-F1EJ_Wikim%C3%A9dia.jpg

ob_9873b4_4vbxp3jzf-nbg.jpg