Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 84 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #831
Aviators

Reputation power: 14
Aviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really niceAviators is just really nice

It would be nice to create and share a database. What do you say?
Old 07-31-2017, 11:27 AM   #832
flyco

Reputation power: 7
flyco will become famous soon enoughflyco will become famous soon enoughflyco will become famous soon enough

No effect, I'm afraid.

For the Spitfire, the file "device_init.lua" is datestamped 16/12/16 15:16 and is 6KB in size.

For the Uh-1H it is datestamped 04/11/2016 19:49 and is 14KB in size.

It seems improbable that this file would have become corrupt in more than one aircraft type, or that all of them would not be corrected by a repair.

I have the same problem in all three versions of DCS (Stable, OpenBeta and Open Alpha), with each of them having a totally separate Kneeboard Builder installation. I have even downloaded a separate version of KB for each.

As I say, I have seen several reports of identical cockpit corruption.

See, for example, the thread in DCS: Spitfire L. F. MK. IX\Bugs and Problems\ Transparent Spitfire.

Last edited by flyco; 07-31-2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Additional reference
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:22 PM   #833
AlaskanGrizzly

Reputation power: 9
AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

flyco,

Can you PM me your sptifire and uh-1h device_init.lua files (or e-mail them to s13solutions@gmail.com).

Thanks.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #834
flyco

Reputation power: 7
flyco will become famous soon enoughflyco will become famous soon enoughflyco will become famous soon enough

E-mail with attached files on its way. Thanks again.
flyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 PM   #835
dogsbody59

Reputation power: 0
dogsbody59 is on a distinguished road

I tried to download this a few times but it states files not downloaded or corrupt!
dogsbody59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #836
sc_neo

Reputation power: 3
sc_neo is on a distinguished road

So after having kneeboard builder installed for about a year without sitting down to go through the manual and all the options: i finally did just that today, and i must say, cheers mate. That will get proper order into things. An your dynamic kneeboards....just the most ingenious idea really!

But i have noticed or run into some issues and i am not totally sure whether its a bug (maybe the lastest 2.1.1 updates changed things around), something i have set up wrong, or is a bug in kneeboard builder itself.

1. The dynamic kneeboard in NTTR does not show the entire briefing for custom missions if it is more text than fits on one page. Is it supposed to make more than one page for very long briefings?
2. The dynamic navbeacons do not show the proper airfield names. And some airfields should have TACAM plus ILS data right? It shows only either or.
3. I have managed to change the kneeboard size for one aricraft only, the A-10c. It is not being applied to any other aircraft, despetite the profile being the only one set up for the 'All Aircraft' tab.
4. When i click on the change profile tab on the win7 taskbar icon, i get the following error message: ''Could not find a part of the dcs installation path ...blabla ...OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\KneeboardLeft\device_ini_original.l ua`.''
I don't own the Flaming Cliffs pack, but i have the standlone F-15c and Su-27. I have only one kneeboard installation folder which is configured for the open alpha version. I hav not set up the legacy and open beta as of yet.

By the way: posts on the previous couple of pages suggest kneeboard builder replaces an aicraft specific file called somehting like device_init.lua or device_init_original.lua. Some aircraft folders don't have that scripts folder and i have found that 'device_init_original.lua.' only for the A-10c, the only aircraft for which the kneeboard size has ben successfully change once.

I don't know, atm i feel like kneeboard builder is fine for managing the images of the different kneeboards. But the dynamic kneeboard pages and profiles with aircraft specific kneeboard size and placement seems to be troubled.

That was a bucket load of info, hope this does not discourage you. Does it all work dandy for you? Maybe its just my specific win 7/dcs setup. All other mods have been disabled via ovgme.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #837
assafm25

assafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the roughassafm25 is a jewel in the rough

I fly with oculus rift

any way to make the kneeboard transparent ?

IAF Bell205
IAF Anafa

-----------------------
DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR
-----------------------
My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.
-------------
assafm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:43 AM   #838
Beamscanner

Reputation power: 5
Beamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the rough

I have never been able to get the kneeboard to change size or position..
Beamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #839
Neon

Reputation power: 1
Neon is on a distinguished road

Any update on the windows 10 crash at boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #840
AlaskanGrizzly

AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon View Post
Any update on the windows 10 crash at boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the very long delay. I believe the issue is related to my work around code to get Kneeboard Builder to work with the MiG-21 and Viggen since their kneeboard logic is non-standard compared to the other modules. I've been getting hammered with mandatory overtime at work and I just haven't found the motivation lately to dig back through my code to fix it yet. (That and VR flying has kept me distracted too) It is on my to-do list though...
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote