Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #71
jay43

Reputation power: 6
jay43 will become famous soon enoughjay43 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
It modifies the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located here:

"....\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHa ndling.lua"

I suppose the right MFCD could possible use the same viewport settings. I don't know of a way to prevent that from happening . . .
It doesn't bother me i never run in cockpit off it was just an accident thought i would let you know that it was there.
But its got me thinking in a new direction towards exporting the MFCDS from the cockpit.

System Spec.
Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
Mobo: MFG Godlike gaming X-99A
CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
RAM: 32gb
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
Cooling: Predator 360
Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit
jay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #72
huppel

Reputation power: 4
huppel is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I also have trouble running this application. The problem reported in the windows event log is (windows 8.1, 64 bit, .net 4.5 installed):

Application: KneeboardBuilder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xa ml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(Syste m.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.I O.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncI nfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Ur i, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Obje ct)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok e()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(In tPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeIm pl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl( System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Wind ows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at KneeboardBuilder.App.Main()

Does somebody perhaps have a clue why it is failing?

Some more info: I unzipped again and this time did not choose to install the update (so I'm at version 1.4.1.0 now) and now it does work.

Thanks, Marcel

Last edited by huppel; 09-15-2014 at 10:03 PM.
huppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #73
jay43

Reputation power: 6
jay43 will become famous soon enoughjay43 will become famous soon enough

I have no idea why yours is not working mine is working fine apart from what i noticed in post above.

System Spec.
Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
Mobo: MFG Godlike gaming X-99A
CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
RAM: 32gb
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
Cooling: Predator 360
Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit
jay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #74
eyusuf

Reputation power: 0
eyusuf can only hope to improve

Quote:
You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Verification 100% complete. Between the last version and this one something went broke ....

I remember running this before, but it finds nothing, even though something clearly isn't working ...
eyusuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #75
AlaskanGrizzly

Reputation power: 9
AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppel View Post
Hi,

I also have trouble running this application. The problem reported in the windows event log is (windows 8.1, 64 bit, .net 4.5 installed):

Does somebody perhaps have a clue why it is failing?

Some more info: I unzipped again and this time did not choose to install the update (so I'm at version 1.4.1.0 now) and now it does work.

Thanks, Marcel
The program will not start immediately after the update, is that correct? If the program does not want to start right after an update, delete the 'settings.xml' and 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and try starting it again. You will then need to verify your directory settings in Options -> Preferences.

For some reason, sometimes it doesn't like to use the current user settings after an update. Let me know if that was the problem.

eyusuf: This might fix your problem as well after the latest update.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 09-16-2014 at 06:13 AM.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #76
eyusuf

Quote:
The program will not start immediately after the update, is that correct? If the program does not want to start right after an update, delete the 'settings.xml' and 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and try starting it again. You will then need to verify your directory settings in Options -> Preferences.

For some reason, sometimes it doesn't like to use the current user settings after an update. Let me know if that was the problem.

eyusuf: This might fix your problem as well after the latest update.

Indeed that worked. In fact it seemed to have 'remembered' the settings even though I deleted those files as you instructed. It rebuilt the 'kneeboardBuilder.exe.config' file, but did not rebuild the 'settings.xml' file. Perhaps it read it from the registry. It appears to be running fine without the 'settings.xml' file.

You might want to put those instructions in the readme file, troubleshooting section, for those experiencing the same problem

Last edited by eyusuf; 09-16-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #77
AlaskanGrizzly

AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyusuf View Post
Indeed that worked. In fact it seemed to have 'remembered' the settings even though I deleted those files as you instructed. It rebuilt the 'kneeboardBuilder.exe.config' file, but did not rebuild the 'settings.xml' file. Perhaps it read it from the registry. It appears to be running fine without the 'settings.xml' file.

You might want to put those instructions in the readme file, troubleshooting section, for those experiencing the same problem
Thanks for your help. The 'settings.xml' is only there during an update to help it remember the settings and is automatically removed if things go right after an update. I have added this info to the first post and will add it to the readme too.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #78
AlaskanGrizzly

Default Version 1.4.3.0 Now Available

Version 1.4.3.0 is now available.

This version should fix the issue many were having where the program would refuse to start after and update has been completed. I appreciate the bug reports you all have been sending me and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the instability of the previous update.

VERSION 1.4.3.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of program not starting after updating
Old 09-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #79
eyusuf

Quote:
Version 1.4.3.0 is now available.

This version should fix the issue many were having where the program would refuse to start after and update has been completed. I appreciate the bug reports you all have been sending me and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the instability of the previous update.

VERSION 1.4.3.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of program not starting after updating

Hello again Grizzly. I think you'll find this interesting.

I had checked the 'run as administrator' in the Compatibility tab of properties of 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' file.

As soon as I UNCHECKED this it allows me drag and drop files as well as update and RUN normally .... it appears to be some sort of UAC thing.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #80
AlaskanGrizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyusuf View Post
Hello again Grizzly. I think you'll find this interesting.

I had checked the 'run as administrator' in the Compatibility tab of properties of 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' file.

As soon as I UNCHECKED this it allows me drag and drop files as well as update and RUN normally .... it appears to be some sort of UAC thing.
Thanks for figuring that out. I just tried it on my end as well and it did the same thing. I will look into why it is doing that.