Kneeboard Builder (windows app) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #21
AlaskanGrizzly

Reputation power: 9
AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboats View Post
It seems that 1.2 will touch the Kneeboard foloer in DCS World/Bazar/Terrain and make a copy of orig Kneeboard folder. Since all the operations will be erased after update or repair, so I suggest all changes should be done in Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard
All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.
AlaskanGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #22
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Awesome program! Rep inbound.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Reputation power: 32
uboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.
sounds good.

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:08 AM   #24
Home Fries

Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
Old 08-31-2014, 02:26 AM   #25
outlawal2

Reputation power: 17
outlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of lightoutlawal2 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.
Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..
Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #26
AlaskanGrizzly

AlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the roughAlaskanGrizzly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
Possible bug report:

Does it still show the progress bar and the page conversion status text? Can you tell me the filepath of the .pdf file you were trying to import, the group name you were trying to use and the version of windows you are using? Thanks for the report.

Last edited by AlaskanGrizzly; 08-31-2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:45 AM   #27
Home Fries

PM sent with the data you requested.

My DCS Files and Skins
Old 08-31-2014, 04:11 AM   #28
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawal2 View Post
Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..
No, {}[]() are all legal characters in filenames under NTFS.

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #29
AlaskanGrizzly

Exclamation Version 1.2.1.0 Release

Version 1.2.1.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 installed the updated should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder. (hopefully )

Version 1.2.1.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of .pdf files with names containing special characters not being imported correctly
-fixed issue of Kneeboard Builder not loading due to limited or lost internet connection
-updated readme file
Old 09-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #30
Vespa

Reputation power: 4
Vespa is on a distinguished road

Auto updater works perfect! Well done AlaskanGrizzly and keep up the great work
Vespa is offline   Reply With Quote