Oh, no! Germany speeches?

YoYo

Hi,

Maybe it was here or not yet... but what about Germany speeches if we take German site?

NORMANDY map is very close, assets pack too but what about VERY important thing like speeches in Germany? I can't imagine how I can contact with tower for approval for landing in Germany WWII aircraft at Normandy 1944 .... in English. What in incoming campaignes? We will see many new campaignes for both side I suppose but for German side with speeches in english? Oh, no, it destroys the climate completely.

For modern jets from NATO it was ok (like SAAB ect) but English speeches for Germany airplanes from WWII? It dosen't look good.

Please think about this, especially for 1944 map!

DCS-2017-_aaaxrrr.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2161798/

but indeed, having german in would be nice, though I assume most people won't understand it

Right, but text could be in English but speeches in Germany. It's a normal situlations in simulators (see for example all series IL-2 from 2001 till now).

Its easy to do, but Im not developer. (thx for link)

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great :D I did not know this. Have to try it out. Thanks!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Great :D I did not know this. Have to try it out. Thanks!

Give a feedback please, didnt install yet but the best way will be if ED will do this as official language if we take German side in DCS.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Yup, will test it over the weekend and let you know.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

I always wished it was a feature in combat sims to be able to pick the language you want to be spoken. I have that problem in IL2. A German Plane I get German speech. A Russian plane I get Russian. I can use the writing but in the heat of battle who's got time to read? Plus, it's so small and comes so fast I can't see it that well.

This should be basic to all combat sims.

Buzz

Yup, will test it over the weekend and let you know.

Thx.

Is it overwrite all samples or only for German side?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thx.

Is it overwrite all samples or only for German side?

There are sound files only for german side, it do not overwrite any org. DCS Files.

I make it last year on the existing radio call layout what make for modern jets.

The speech is WW2 (Jägersprechverkehr) with modern Radio call layout ;)

Hope for good WW2 Radio calls in DCS too :)

• Like 1

Give a feedback please, didnt install yet but the best way will be if ED will do this as official language if we take German side in DCS.

There is a video on yt showing how the mod sounds

I've already tried it myself and i can say, it's a pretty nice thing

Just quickly tested it. Great work! Very immersive when you are in a German WW2 aircraft.

I'm German, but I never considered that there should be German sound messages. I only know the terminology in English because I learned it with DCS World.

But out of curiosty I did a quick test of the sound mod that razo+r pointed to.

It's very nicely done and I'm going to keep it in there. It adds a new element of realism although I need to learn new terminology. The speakers obviously made an effort to speak like the Luftwaffe people used to speak in those days. It sounds distinctly different from how we speak today.

And it's funny that my callsign now is "Esche" (ash tree), the ATC's term for take-off is "Rakete", and I address the ATC as "Blitz".

For people without good knowledge of spoken German it will be challenging.

Just a small issue: The ground crew at Beslan talked back to me in English and that seemed a bit inconsistent.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm German, but I never considered that there should be German sound messages. I only know the terminology in English because I learned it with DCS World.

It's very nicely done and I'm going to keep it in there. It adds a new element of realism although I need to learn new terminology. The speakers obviously made an effort to speak like the Luftwaffe people used to speak in those days. It sounds distinctly different from how we speak today.

And it's funny that my callsign now is "Esche" (ash tree), the ATC's term for take-off is "Rakete", and I address the ATC as "Blitz".

Just a small issue: The ground crew at Beslan talked back to me in English and that seemed a bit inconsistent.

yes, some voices are not in german, was too much work for me.

My english is not the best, so i need alwas a translater for the radio call layouts (thx ram0506 for your work).

yes, some voices are not in german, was too much work for me.

My english is not the best, so i need alwas a translater for the radio call layouts (thx ram0506 for your work).

If one day you want to do the ground crew, I will be happy to help with translation!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The Viggen was never a NATO aircraft. ;) #triggered

Most of the time the Viggen pilots only spoke Swedish nonetheless.

It would be nice with Swedish ATC, now that you mention it. At least on possible future Baltic maps <.<

//Jarl

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2161798/

but indeed, having german in would be nice, though I assume most people won't understand it

That`s true. But does it really matter?

When I fly the SU 25, I don`t understand a word. But the russian sound in a russian jet creates an identical athmoshpere.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

There are sound files only for german side, it do not overwrite any org. DCS Files.

I make it last year on the existing radio call layout what make for modern jets.

Thanks for this amazing mod. We use it very likely and sometimes it creates a smile in our face when hearing Andrea (?) saying UHU or KAKADU :D

Please translate also the crew. That would be perfect

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Nice done.:D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi Veteren. Does Your sound mod is JSGME ready?

Thank You.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Little dictionary about Luftwaffe terminology in WWII:

Victor/Vitamine -Verstanden -Copy

Ricardus -Nicht verstanden/Wiederholen -Repeat/Say again

Ich berühre -Visueller Kontakt -visual contact

Ich bin blind -Kontakt verloren -target lost

Marktplatz -Hauptangriffsziel -main target area

Himmel Blau -keine Feindkontakte -no enemies

Pauke Pauke -Angreifen -attack!

Ampulle -Angriff starten -commencing attack

Ampulle+Richardus -Angriff wiederholen -repeating attack

Karuso -Kurs -heading

(z.B. „Caruso 185“)

Eile -Eigene Geschwindigkeit -IAS/speed

Kirchturm -Höhe -altitude

(z.B. Kirchturm 5 = 500m)

Quelle -aktueller Standort -current position

Rolf -Rechts -right/starport

(z.B. 3 x Rolf = 30% re.)

Lisa -Links - left/port

(z.B. 3 x Lisa = 30% li.)

Zirkus (über) -Sammeln (über) -meet up (over)

Wartesaal -Platzrunde (groß/klein) -traffic pattern (long/short)

Fragezeichen -Unbekannte Flugzeuge -unknown planes

Indianer -Feindliche Jäger -enemy fighters

Feuerzauber -Kampfhandlungen,Flak -bullet tracers,AA fire

Einbrecher -Eintritt in Flakgebiet -entering AA area

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I am astound this is not STANDARD .

A german WWII airplane in a WWII map with english voice is a pure NoGo for me.

I am not super patriotic, not even full german blood, but THIS...cmon ED.

No way I will buy Normandie if the german language is left aside.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X