Add a binding to activate mouselook while pressed and held down

bwRavencl

I suggest that the following mouse-button function is added, that would be helpful for people without TrackIR.

This suggestion only applies to planes with clickable cockpits - not the FC3 aircraft.

Suggestion: Add a mouse button binding as follows:

• While the button is pressed down activates mouse-look in the cockpit view

• When the button is released mouse-look is deactivated

• If the cursor is currently over a switch etc. in the cockpit, the right click is forwarded to the switch instead and mouse-look is not activated.

Currently there is only a binding (by default double click mouse button 3) that permanently enters mouse-look mode, until another double click of button 3 is performed.

I think my suggestion would greatly increase the speed with which one can operate switches etc. in the cockpit.

For reference, X-Plane implements such a cockpit-view control scheme.

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)

I think you might be able to do this by defining the mouse button of your choice as a modifier and then assigning modifier+mouse to point to your desired direction of view.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think you might be able to do this by defining the mouse button of your choice as a modifier and then assigning modifier+mouse to point to your desired direction of view.

Unfortunately AFAIK your suggested approach won't work since you cannot bind a modifier + a mouse axis to an action.

The mouse-look is fixedly bound to the X/Y mouse axis and is only activated upon enabling it by double-clicking a freely choosable button (by default mouse button 3).

What I am suggesting above is that the mouse-look is active for only as long as the button is held down.

This could probably be achived through LUA scripting, but I'd rather like to see this implemented directly into DCS...

ControllerBuddy - A highly advanced game controller mapping software (for flight simulators)