Editing Controls in MP session

Oznerol256

Nope, but I really wish they implement it. They're finally modernizing DCS in terms of graphics, performance, etc.; not allowing to change or even see the key bindings ingame should be reasonably high in the priority list, imo.

ED said it need to rework a lot and a lot of code, because to change settings you need to pause the game and change this is quite hard imo

It's not feasible to allow clients to pause the session.

Then don't? You can chat without pausing the game, you can read the briefing without pausing the game (yes, while you sit in the cockpit. even while flying). So why can't you edit the controls without pausing the game?

Maybe because you have to load the new controls. Best solution would be to disable all controls when entering the rebinding menu. That way the plane will keep doing whatever it is doing and you can press buttons for your rebinding. As soon as you leave the menu the new controls get activated.

This would not require the game to pause. Your plane would just keep flying as if you didn't touch the controls while in the menu. Your fault if you crash. You will probably be standing on the ground anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It's not feasible to allow clients to pause the session.

Can you no longer pause in 1.5 then? Because i definately remember being able to pause multiplayer games (probably because i was hosting, but still).

I understand that its hard coded into the game or whatever and that that's not something ED's gonna want to change , but why not let people do it while the game is paused anyway.. it would make small multiplayer (2-4 players) much more enjoyable. If only the host can pause then on large servers it wouldnt matter but on small servers you could just have the host pause it for a second.

I personally know a guy that i fly with a lot who only plays dcs once every month or so , and almost every time he forgets something and needs to back out to go check it. It wouldnt bother me if i had to pause it for a second so he could make changes

Then don't? You can chat without pausing the game, you can read the briefing without pausing the game (yes, while you sit in the cockpit. even while flying). So why can't you edit the controls without pausing the game?

Maybe because you have to load the new controls. Best solution would be to disable all controls when entering the rebinding menu. That way the plane will keep doing whatever it is doing and you can press buttons for your rebinding. As soon as you leave the menu the new controls get activated.

This would not require the game to pause. Your plane would just keep flying as if you didn't touch the controls while in the menu. Your fault if you crash. You will probably be standing on the ground anyway.

No you don't understand.. the game literally cannot change your control settings while the game is running , that's a limitation of the game not something ED put it on purpose.

MP mission can be paused, but ... why are you still on pause thing. Forget it.

Not only today's games, even very old games have this feature. I hardly get it, ED (or the company in those times) should have created this game with that feature at the beginning.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

MP missions can only be paused by the host. So clients will have to change the controls without pausing the game.

The reason we are talking about it is because DCS requires a LOT more controls than most other games. Every time you have forgot one button on the module you haven't flown for months you have to exit server.

And: In SP you can totally change the controls. Just press ESC and click "Edit controls" while flying in single player. This is a fantastic feature and a big timesaver. It also proves that it is possible to do. In DCS. So it is probably not that difficult to make it work in MP.

Edited by Oznerol256

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please add this feature to the game, leaving the server browser to change graphics settings/controls is frustrating.

We are only talking about controls here. Graphics settings are indeed not easy to implement and many games don't support it. There are some that do (Dying Light can do it and i think Killing Floor 2, too) but most games require you to go back to the main menu or even restart the game. While it would certainly be nice, i dont expect DCS to be able to change graphics settings on the fly. Controls however are easier to change on the fly AND the neccecary code already exists! We have been able to change controls literally on the fly in singleplayer for quite some time. We just need it for MP as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are only talking about controls here. Graphics settings are indeed not easy to implement and many games don't support it. There are some that do (Dying Light can do it and i think Killing Floor 2, too) but most games require you to go back to the main menu or even restart the game. While it would certainly be nice, i dont expect DCS to be able to change graphics settings on the fly. Controls however are easier to change on the fly AND the neccecary code already exists! We have been able to change controls literally on the fly in singleplayer for quite some time. We just need it for MP as well.

Honestly just controls would be fine :thumbup:

Happy Bug Hunting!