Do you want simulation of (voice) radio communication integrated in DCS?

muffler

Do you want simulation of (voice) radio communication integrated in DCS?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want simulation of (voice) radio communication integrated in DCS?

• It is necessary as full analog of a radio communication, without any trouble with third-party.
    • It is necessary as a voice chat.
    • Don't need. Sufficient third-party programs.
    • Your option.

Sorry, but that's probably a little exaggerated. SRS is the latest radio mod, which exists for DCS. The beginning of all these was TARS, developed by Headspace in 2010. UniversRadio has been before Simple Radio, also the Aries Radio System.

But in my opinion, a unique solution as a DCS dlc would be the best solution, because we wouldn't have trouble, because different groups are using different tools. It's the same issue, like using other (unit) mods. It should be developed by tacno and Ciribob, because both develop our current radio tools. Each tool has its pros and cons.

That would be great. :)

As i said it's completely free and open source so anyone with some c# skills can contribute. That's how it will become good enough for all, not just through the effort of one person but with the help of a community.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Oh good another poll!!

There are some solutions to this already available. Yes, it ought to, and some day, no doubt will be integrated into DCS World. The question really is whether it should be prioritized over 2.5 or releasing the Normandy map?

And yes, ED already know this is a thing. If you'd done a search before launching the poll, you'd know that too.

I foresee a problem with ED inhouse-built voice comms. Imagine a bug in that.

Yes. Now imagine how long it takes for ED to fix said bug, because they have their hands full of present and future modules and the evolution of the bade game.

So yes, either use the current tools, or hope we get a 3rd party module working. VOIP is crucial and must be kept in working order constantly. Something that I unfortunately don't see happening if integrated into the sim by ED. Then it would just be all about fixing the comms. Every patch.

No disrespect intended.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Online, people will use TeamSpeak, anybody who doesn't will be at a disadvantage. It will only be used by co-op players.

Really not much point in bothering with integrated Voip in most games, it just adds to server burden which can be easily offloaded to the client via TS.

Unless you're talking about something like VoiceAttack... which we really don't need redundancy.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't see any difference between making an ED one and using the existing SRS.

Why?

Because people will still use TeamSpeak and whatever else they use for other games anyway. The proof is in the pudding, we got given a perfectly easy to install app that provides what is asked for and people choose not to use it anyway, citing XYZ as a reason. Then onto chaos and Friendly fire incidents in multiplayer...

Look at other games (not a discussion, but as a perspective). Integrated comms gets turned off and people use something else anyway because that's what they are used to/prefer/have bound/are a member of/insert whatever reason here.

The arguments of difficulty to install keep coming up again and again. And it utter tripe and excuse. Oh...you are technical enough to start up and fly an A-10C but can't do a next next next install? Get tae buggery, it's laziness and that's all it is.

Leave it as is. SRS works, ED need to sort out many more things until they start integrating comms. Comms are way too related to culture and membership of groups. Take TAW for instance, they have a membership policy on using other comms and being members of other groups - fine, but that severely damaged the ability to use Univers radio back when I was a member in 2015. Their IT department refused point blank to configure Teamspeak to use the URplugin (flooding mode enabled or somesuch) and thus members were stuck using Teamspeak with a few hundred people every night and couldnt get out of it for fear of being dismissed. Likely they fixed that now, but that's a contributory reason for me leaving that organisation and its one of many that people can cite when discussing comms. We can talk about reasons all day, because the fact is, you can always think of 101 reasons not to do something, despite it taking less time to actually do it.

{edit additional}

Oh and as a side note...would love to know the demographics of the poll responders looking for an ED solution, as I suspect they are mainly people not flying with groups of cooperating friends that can simply evolve to use the available tools and cooperate well with a larger community. Integration will not help you people, you are entrenched with your 101 reasons.

Edited by Pikey
demographics... lets have a go...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Oh good another poll!!

There are some solutions to this already available. Yes, it ought to, and some day, no doubt will be integrated into DCS World. The question really is whether it should be prioritized over 2.5 or releasing the Normandy map?

And yes, ED already know this is a thing. If you'd done a search before launching the poll, you'd know that too.

This thread (and the poll) was started some time ago, but I posted here rather than to open a completely new thread.

I agree that this should certainly not be something that cuts into the development of more fundamental features.

As to the other replies...

I am aware of the radio comms options out there. Even IF SRS works perfectly, it's still something you need to install separately.

Since radios are an integral part of flying an aircraft a native solution makes absolute sense.

The aircraft has radios, why shouldn't they work?

Not everyone flies in squadrons with everyone running the same software. A native voice function would mean everyone playing online can talk to each other.

Do you guys really think a public server with everyone running 3rd party software is a viable and practicable option?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Do you guys really think a public server with everyone running 3rd party software is a viable and practicable option?

Yes i do, having helped run one :)

Checkout​ the blue flag server (often 40+ concurrently on SimpleRadio out of 50 ish slots) or Kaukaus offensive where you are kicked unless you are on SimpleRadio.

Multiplayer in DCS world is still quite a small player base compared to others so it's not an impossible task for the larger more popular servers to nudge people towards a comms program of any kind.

The thought behind SimpleRadio is there is literally no downside to running it alongside your dedicated DCS server , as it's a powerful​ windows pc by virtue of running DCS and you've opened some ports already. The other advantage is you don't have the TeamSpeak slot limit issue (20-25 unless you pay?) . You can also use it alongside Teamspeak for general chitchat and training without issue.

But of course, if it was made by ED it would be better integrated, however I personally don't see why 3rd party radio mods can't be viable in the interim when it's been proved they are (not just mine).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord