Announced Liveries Discussion

Correct me if Im wrong but cant you just slap numbers on the aircraft once the template is released? I don't see the big deal

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

Yes, you're blind :D .

Spanish roundels aren't only red/yellow, they depict a certain proportion between the colours with the yellow a bit bigger than red, making the red spot in the centre look somewhat smaller, and that proportions fits the Spanish flag ones which aren't just three equal horizontal bands. Whenever those are wrong they stand out like a spot in your nose in all their wrongness, but I can understand people not knowing them can overview that, though it's so obvious when you know them. Well, that or just look at any photograph of the subject. I mean, it's so obvious they aren't the same roundels as British or French ones for instance.

ed8d41b68d3a5e1f486ace48fdcbed3f.jpg

SpanishF18ProbeExtended.jpg

S!

All this pics was taken before MLU, after this and including 462sqn with new paint, the roundels have the same proportion and are equal in each color width

Regards

I don't see any difference

Old Roundel was 3 Color, which made center DOT appear smaller due to color merge.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Again read my post. Quote ironic that you choose to complain about rcaf skins ( a nation of which actually uses hornets) and not the fact that it's mentioned that Russia among other nations THAT don't have Any hornet gets hornet skins. Now that's real fiction right there.

And before you champion in your desire for n reality how about all these fictional campaigns over caucasus or having to fly aircraft from various era for non appropriate theatres. So yes it is nitpickery in your part.

Besides skinning is not done by the same people who work on avionics or weapns systems. Since external 3d model is done So don't worry this won't hamper developmental process from getting f18 out of ea faster

I haven't complained about the RCAF skins. Where do you believe this has occurred?

Moving beyond your rant I will simply state that I fully understand how skins work and the implementation of them. I am also fully aware of the reality that a good number of highly skilled individuals in this community will step forward to create exactly what I and others are looking for.

If you would like to discuss the topic, do just that. Leave the drama out of it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

All this pics was taken before MLU, after this and including 462sqn with new paint, the roundels have the same proportion and are equal in each color width

Regards

Spanish insignia has been there since 80 years ago, and no they aren't equal. Please mate.

BTW, MLU Hornet, you could search for it the same I did just now.

41392621642_bd6f57cc30_h.jpg

Old Roundel was 3 Color, which made center DOT appear smaller due to color merge.
THANKS, dot is the word I was looking for :lol: . Well, it's indeed smaller because centre dot doesn't double. I mean, outer ring width is the same as centre dot diameter, while yellow ring width is wider than outer, a bit less than 1 and a half. Other national insignias feature inner dot double the diameter of outer ring with, with central ring the same width. But that can be seen in the Wiki insignia I already posted.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Spanish insignia has been there since 80 years ago, and no they aren't equal. Please mate.

S!

Then, i assume im wrong and i need glasses because i work with they since 2001, each day during pre-flights, post-flight inspections.

The words from SKATEZILLA are we are looking for to explain diameter and roundel sizes/proportions.

P.S Please mate

I haven't complained about the RCAF skins. Where do you believe this has occurred?

Moving beyond your rant I will simply state that I fully understand how skins work and the implementation of them. I am also fully aware of the reality that a good number of highly skilled individuals in this community will step forward to create exactly what I and others are looking for.

If you would like to discuss the topic, do just that. Leave the drama out of it.

Rant? Drama? thats your interpretation of it. Not the case.

Skins might not be a "priority" relative to other things true, But again I see this as a non issue since the 3d artists doing the skins are not associated with the teams of the coding side of development of a module such as FM, Avionics, Weapons etc. SInce the Hornet Modelling of Exterior and Interior cockpit is complete this is just something else for them to do. But again AS far as Skinning priorties go id personally more surprised that they made Skins for Nations that dont use the Hornet. Of all skins id say the RCAF has some legitmayc becuase at least said nation uses A Legacy Hornet. Yes its not a C hornet, but whats the other alternative here for RCAF or even other Users of Hornets that are not exactly like the one the USN uses? Its better to get realisitc skins for not the exact varation of aircraft than expect another module based on different Hornet Variation.

IM personally glad to see most of these skins made officialy by ED. Means in MP everyone will see them and not just the people using thier own custom liveries or what the Server Host has offered.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Rant? Drama? thats your interpretation of it. Not the case.

If all you can do is avoid the topic at hand and only tackle of what you think my tone is than thats not much of an argument.

Skins might not be a "priority" relative to other things true, But again I see this as a non issue isnce the 3d artists doing the skins are not associated with development of the other aforementioned things. SInce the Hornet Modelling of Exterior and Interior cockpit is complete this is just something else for them to do.

Are you done?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Are you done?

Are you?

Now avoiding or rather dismissing my points entirely. Guess thats what happens when theres nothing left to logically refute

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I was unaware of an argument. You have yet to display how I complained about the RCAF skins.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I was unaware of an argument. You have yet to display how I complained about the RCAF skins.

I dont need to its all in your past post a few pages back. Something along the lines of RCAF skins Fictional, Not Priority.... the Community should have jut done it instead.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The RCAF flies a variant of the Hornet that is not the C modeled by DCS. That then begets the reality that Canadian skins are fictional even though to a small degree. Things such as the spotting lamp are not on the DCS model. Given ED stated they would work on non fictional skins first they obviously weren't a priority. None of that is negative. It is the truth. Time has gone by and there will now be RCAF skins but that doesn't make them anymore realistic. I'm not sure which part of this you misunderstand.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The RCAF flies a variant of the Hornet that is not the C modeled by DCS. That then begets the reality that Canadian skins are fictional even though to a small degree. Things such as the spotting lamp are not on the DCS model. Given ED stated they would work on non fictional skins first they obviously weren't a priority. None of that is negative. It is the truth. Time has gone by and there will now be RCAF skins but that doesn't make them anymore realistic. I'm not sure which part of this you misunderstand.

I acknowledge this in my prior post. I know its not the exact same model, however actions speak louder than words. By that i mean It doesn't matter what ED said long ago. It matters that they have changed direction and demonstrated so by creating skins for Hornets outside the USN before EA is even out.

Again Realisim is your argument for not adding these Skins?, But Its equally not realistic to have all these fictional campaigns around fantasy scenarios that never occurred over Caucasus or to have Not eara appropriate brids fly in a 21st century map. If you want realistic skins only you may as well have all these fictitious campaigns removed, disalow flying of ww2 warbirds in 21st century maps Or protest ED for allowing players from flying Modern era birds in ww2 era Normandy.

The only alternative to "skins" for "realism" would be to have an actual RCAF Cf18. That would be nice but is ED going to create another module? a new Hornet variation just for RCAF or even other derivatives for other Hornet users? No. Its far simpler, and more economical to address this issue by providing official Skins of Foreign users of Hornet Variations, so as people from those countries as potential buyers ( or already customers of product) can be satisfied.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I disagree but that's fine. Carry on.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I disagree but that's fine. Carry on.

Yup i guess we just have to agree to disagree here.

But hey, If ( or rather when) Ed makes an USAF based F-16C ( probably block 50/52), don't be surprised if they include skins of other F16 users irregardless of block type.:smilewink:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Didn't the RCAF have darker colours on their F18's? I seem to recall back in the 90's a visit to Prestwick Airshow, of an RCAF F18, alongside a USN F18, and they definitely looked different, the Canuk version darker.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Didn't the RCAF have darker colours on their F18's? I seem to recall back in the 90's a visit to Prestwick Airshow, of an RCAF F18, alongside a USN F18, and they definitely looked different, the Canuk version darker.

Yes, topside color (and markings on underside) is painted in FS35237 greyish Blue. As far as I can tell from the recent RCAF skin screenshots, the devs/livery painters of ED took that into account nicley.

USN and USMC Hornets generally have the lighter Ghost grey colors applied.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can only cut so many NUMBER Meshes before they start to overlap each other.

So the answer is no you cannot teach me how to do this. Thank you for dropping by. Now let's keep the conversation on either being excited about the Hornet, or teaching me how to place custom numbers on jets.

Yes, topside color (and markings on underside) is painted in FS35237 greyish Blue. As far as I can tell from the recent RCAF skin screenshots, the devs/livery painters of ED took that into account nicley.

USN and USMC Hornets generally have the lighter Ghost grey colors applied.

Yep, that's it, I couldn't recall the FS number, built a couple of the older Hasegawa 1/72 scale F18's in my younger days :D

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

ManOWar, I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
Don't be sorry, but you have to explain where am I wrong. I mean, Hornet skin markings aren't standard Spanish markings, they are wrong. Of course I tried to illustrate the thing with several actual pictures and articles and so I did. I wonder, where am I wrong exactly? :huh:

Then, i assume im wrong and i need glasses because i work with they since 2001, each day during pre-flights, post-flight inspections.

The words from SKATEZILLA are we are looking for to explain diameter and roundel sizes/proportions.

P.S Please mate

So, are you saying WIP skin pictures are right? I don't know what you mean or want to show. Illustrate us please. Maybe the pics of real aircraft I posted are all wrong :huh: . I would like to know, really.

Edit:

I mean, Ala 46 MLU Hornet, 2017, please illustrate me where has the roundel proportions changed from what they have been since Hornets first arrived in 1986. If you work with them daily maybe you're right in saying you're blind. Take a measuring tape and show us, please, PLEASE.

2015-11-16%20avo%2088%20cola%20pintada.jpg

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice