There are no landing lights at airports.

Padonis

10 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

Noticed yesterday, when I was recording a video for ILS with F-16, there are no light at all on Caucasius airports, example for Kutaisi:

Sometimes they turn on from no where, and they sometimes they also disappear again. Really strange bug.

If you haven't contacted the ATC, they will light up the runway once a plane is on it and turn it off once you've vacated it I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

If you haven't contacted the ATC, they will light up the runway once a plane is on it and turn it off once you've vacated it I believe.

This is not it, I don't say it might be, but there is some sort of bug, sometimes light are turned on, and sometimes are not. Check for example my video @6:37, when I was already on the runway, some lights were turned on from behind and the small navigational white ones alongside the runway. There is something wrong for sure, I will double check all today ones again whats really going on, and also tried your suggestion about contacting ATC prior landing.

29 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

This is not it, I don't say it might be, but there is some sort of bug, sometimes light are turned on, and sometimes are not. Check for example my video @6:37, when I was already on the runway, some lights were turned on from behind and the small navigational white ones alongside the runway. There is something wrong for sure, I will double check all today ones again whats really going on, and also tried your suggestion about contacting ATC prior landing.

This is what I said. Once you are on the runway, DCS will light up the floodlights and the edge lights, although with a small delay. The exact behaviour that is visible in your video. 

2 hours ago, razo+r said:

This is what I said. Once you are on the runway, DCS will light up the floodlights and the edge lights, although with a small delay. The exact behaviour that is visible in your video. 

You are correct, I have to contact ATC and then they turn on the lighting on the runway. Thx, didn't know that. So there is no issue with that.

I have been puzzled, since on other maps like Gulf, Syria and now Sinai, runways are constantly enlightened, not sure if all, but on those that I usually fly at night.

On 7/21/2023 at 3:33 PM, skywalker22 said:

You are correct, I have to contact ATC and then they turn on the lighting on the runway. Thx, didn't know that. So there is no issue with that.

I have been puzzled, since on other maps like Gulf, Syria and now Sinai, runways are constantly enlightened, not sure if all, but on those that I usually fly at night.

Took me years to find out myself. Really wish the training missions for the Su-25T made you contact ATC, and how and why. Especially in the night missions. 

Cheers!