DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

do you guys know why certain aircraft are always loaded with the same configuration on certain pylons all the time? like the A-10C always having AIM-9s and TGP on the left and the ECM pod on the right? or the F-16 always having AIM-120s on the wingtips instead of AIM-9s?

The standardization of the target pod location allows all members of the flight to share the same FOV in the pod, so that they can effectively see the same things at the same time when in orbit. The right wing seems to be the standard, for whatever reason. The rocket pod/jammer combination is a similar weight to the TGP/AIM-9 combination on the other wing; the aircraft are typically configured this way for balance from what I understand.

The way to avoid it is to plan your cruise. If all you like to do is mow the lawn in the mountains (or anywhere), then about the only 'trick' here is maintain your speed as well as possible.

Trim generally isn't as important during a fight but it is still helpful. Almost every instance of 'not a fight' should be some form of cruising, there you trim for your speed and leave it be.

Is it normal for the Flankers and MiGs to annoyingly pitch up and down constantly, requiring constant trim? And is there any way to avoid/fix this other than constant trim input?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

However it should be also noted that there is a bug since forever for FFB & trim. If you add curve to the axis then trim will not put your stick into the right position. It's annoying as hell to use non-curved axis mapping. Walkaround for this is to use autopilot as much as possible.

• 1 month later...

If I'm only interested in the F15, does FC3 brings something more than just getting the F15 module?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

If I'm only interested in the F15, does FC3 brings something more than just getting the F15 module?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

FC3 gives you the F-15C, Su-27 and 33, Su-25A, A-10A, and MiG-29. If that's what you were asking

If the only plane you're interested in is the f15, then no, fc3 does not add any value on top of the standalone module.

If you want to discover the strength/weakness of all of the other included planes, then it's a great value! Just fly the su27 for a while to know your opponent, that will make you more dangerous as a f15c driver :smilewink:

Nonsense about custard theory.

Cannot tell if artfully done troll post or utterly ignorant of physical reality :disgust:

With regards to the stand alone F-15C, I'd definitely recommend purchasing the FC3 pack. I started out wanting to fly things like the A-10 and Su-25 but fairly quickly fell in love with the Su-27, even with all it's quirks.

You never know what you'll really enjoy flying until you give it a go, and in that respect FC3 offers superb value for money.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having issues with the F-15C mission where you're supposed to protect the SEAD flight?

They keep getting shot down by the anti-air... They're the ones who are supposed to be taking out the air defenses!

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

Anyone else having issues with the F-15C mission where you're supposed to protect the SEAD flight?

Please head to the F-15C forum and find Bear Trap campaign recent topics. You'll find answers and fix.

Edit: Looks like you found it but the answer stands correct.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have bought the SU-33 in a bundle and for now this is the only plane I got from FC3. So now I wonder, if I should buy another airplane from the FC3-DLC or wait until there are better models available, because it seems like some of the models in FC3 are much older and less detailed as the newer ones like the A-10C or the F18. Maybe I should even wait for FC4 in case a sequel will be released.

Currently I am thinking about to buy the MiG-29, after watching some interesting videos about it. So what are you guys thinking?

There will be no FC4. But wait for Modern Air Combat (MAC). Should be released quite soon I think. You will get a very large pack of planes (non clickable)

Modern Air Combat

A-10A

Su-25

MiG29 (A/G/S)

Su-27

Su-33

F-15C

L39

F86F

MiG15

F5E

MiG21bis

I might have missed something, but it will be a very good pack. Basicly it is current

Flaming Cliffs 3 pack but with an additional set of modules.

ED has converted a bunch of their high end modules to the more accessible Flaming Cliffs non-clickable standard. If you really enjoy one of those modules you can buy them later as fully clickable and high fidelity

Good to know!

Are the airplanes in MAC going to be better modelled than the old ones in FC3? I personally always prefer the more realistic versions with clickable cockpits, but I am not sure if I can upgrade my airplanes to the high fidelity versions, because I am using the Steam version of DCS.

Edit: I have read somewhere that ED made a contract with the Russian government promising to not create a clickable or detailled functional cockpit of any Russian fighter jet. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Tiramisu

MAC will include the same FC3 modules plus some more and also partial maps - it's just a bundle pack of modules, most of which can be bought separately.

The Russian machines that are planned as a future modules are Mig-23 and Mi-24 so don't expect anything newer in full fidelity in the years to come.

If you can live with the FC3 modeling level don't hesitate to buy it now. Steam has the same modules available. MAC will certainly be higher priced, but they promised a discount for current FC3 owners anyway.

You will probably not upgrade any module - you will be just able to buy a full fidelity version if there already exists one.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Ok, now I am starting to understand what this is about.

Although I am mostly interested in the Mig-29, I wonder if the the map expansions in MAC are worth buying it. I am not sure if it adds something to the Persia map or just contains parts of the already existing map. I am also a little bit curious about the map expansion in eastern Georgia, which seems to be only available in FC3 currently.

Edit: Also I wonder how good the improvements of the AI and the mission editor are in FC3. In MAC this kind of additional features is not mentioned.

Edited by Tiramisu

No need to guess. This is official:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565024&postcount=150

AI, Mission Editor and Caucasus map are part of free DCS World. Bundles like MAC or FC3 offer just modules.

MAC is going to offer just parts of existing maps.

If Caucasus is going to be expanded it will be so for DCS World not just for some module. What do you mean by "map expansion in eastern Georgia". Link?

What do you mean by "map expansion in eastern Georgia". Link?

I got that information from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/products/planes/flaming_cliffs/.

It is saying

"Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia."

(And the German version of Steam is saying "Erweitertes Einsatzgebiet in Richtung Ostgeorgien")

That sounds very much like a small map expansion to me, but maybe I am wrong.

I can see where all the confusion comes from now. Some of the info on the site is apparently outdated and may have been truth back then, while FC3 was making it's way into DCS bringing new things into the World.

As it is now FC3 only gives you aircraft modules and their coresponding missions and campaigns. All the Caucasus map, weapons, objects, AI, mission editor and all core related stuff is part of free DCS World.