First Crimea Bridge Opened To Traffic

Worrazen

Well, some of us hoped addition of Crimea might be part of the big Caucasus Map update, but I have realized that it would actually work out better to wait because a lot of things were and will be under construction for some time, so when it finally comes it'll be all new and shiny, maybe even some parts under construction too.

While it would be nice to have a comparison, since DCS is about realism, on the other hand, maybe the old look of crimea would have been unhappy enough for there to be big motivation to rush doing it, there's a ton of old crumbling houses and deserted villages being cleaned up, landscaping, monuments renovated, maybe it's better to just forget about that and move on to a happier looking future I guess.

But probably, at least I hope so, some of the still operational and/or deserted military airfields would be refurbished or rebuilt, that would be a nice bonus for DCS.

How would it look like in DCS ... hmmm, I got an idea:

BPMXVNZ.png

I put this together with photoshop in a quick "few" minutes (but really it took an hour, finding the right angles, cropping)

-------------

-------------

Edited by Worrazen
typos, unfinished sentences, one too many words

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well, some of us hoped addition of Crimea might be part of the big Caucasus Map update, but I have realized that it would actually work out better to wait because a lot of things were and will be under construction for some time, so when it finally comes it'll be all new and shiny, maybe even some parts under construction too.

Re-addition of Crimea is never happening, due to politics. As much as I'd love to fly under bridges in Sevastopol again...

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble