SU-27 first training mission, what am I doing wrong

Commandosolo

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, it probably has been.

So in the first training mission it tells me to start up and then crank up the engines and use Z and X to steer the nose wheel and W to wheel break. W works, Z and X moves the rudder, I can see it moving but the nose gear doesn't move. I looked outside and it looks like it's on a sled or something. It does the same thing on the joystick. Am I supposed to hit another button to get that sled thing off of the front nose gear? Could that be a chalk or something?

I just hit afterburners and it does take off but the sled is still on the gear and I can raise it.

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

You have locked nose wheel steering.. If I remember the default shortcut is somethin +Q (LAlt + Q or Lshift + Q) just look into key binds. nose wheel steering.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

You´re welcome :-) You will have to discover many unknowns during your time with DCS :-D

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

I looked outside and it looks like it's on a sled or something.

You mean those nosewheel FOD deflectors?

I wish they would say that in the training.

They do!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You mean those nosewheel FOD deflectors?

They do!

wow, I guess I totally glossed over it. I hear them say that and push the key combination. At least everyone knows what I am talking about when I said the sled thingy.

thanks for all the help, last night it worked! Well, of course it would work but I was happy that I wasn't breaking my landing gear trying to take off.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: