[BEEN ANSWERED] NAS Fallon

No, the map is super tiny.

Thank you for the info, Fallon is only about 266 mi from Nellis.

During Red Flag, they usually stage some of the assets at Fallon.

Naval Air Station Fallon or NAS Fallon (IATA: NFL, ICAO: KNFL, FAA LID: NFL) is the United States Navy's premier air-to-air and air-to-ground training facility. It is located southeast of the city of Fallon in western Nevada in the United States. Since 1996, it has been home to the Naval Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN), and the surrounding area contains 240,000 acres (97,000 ha) of bombing and electronic warfare ranges. It is also home to the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC/NAWDC), which includes TOPGUN, the Carrier Airborne Early Warning Weapons School (CAEWWS) and the Navy Rotary Wing Weapons School. Navy SEAL Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) training also takes place here.

The airfield is named Van Voorhis Field in honor of Lieutenant Bruce Van Voorhis (1908-1943) who was awarded a posthumous Medal of Honor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, it would for sure be a interesting airport to have :thumbup:

Ive been there several times, everytime we do work ups (as an airwing) for deployment we go there a couple of times as part of our work up cycle. There isn't a whole lot to do, but the training is good and always a good time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually the map is huge, and Fallon is on this map, unfortunately it is not modeled. The area where Fallon is located is towards the edge, and the imagery is very lowrez. In case you were wondering, You can also fly over China Lake and Edwards AFB, neither of which are modeled. NTC Ft. Irwin is also on this map, good news here as ED DOES plan to develop out the NTC in the future some time.

-Woog

Edit: I have revised the Google map I posted current to 07-13-2016. I am not sure if E.D. updated and enlarged the map size, but it does in fact cover even more area than I originally thought.

152706519_DCSNTTRElevation.thumb.JPG.f25638cea74ecd457bfd95cd0c494a32.JPG102668486_DCSNTTRRevised.thumb.jpg.2e6ac8e0d255bbbcac35be30f91f1c30.jpg

Edited by Woogey

• 2 years later...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Actually the map is huge, and Fallon is on this map, unfortunately it is not modeled. The area where Fallon is located is towards the edge, and the imagery is very lowrez. In case you were wondering, You can also fly over China Lake and Edwards AFB, neither of which are modeled. NTC Ft. Irwin is also on this map, good news here as ED DOES plan to develop out the NTC in the future some time.

-Woog

Edit: I have revised the Google map I posted current to 07-13-2016. I am not sure if E.D. updated and enlarged the map size, but it does in fact cover even more area than I originally thought.

[ATTACH]144190[/ATTACH][ATTACH]144191[/ATTACH]

Wags talk some time ago the NTTR Map develop has closed and no plans to add none to the map.