Searching in to the woods,

phgeorg

Hello all,

I'm new user of the Gazelle and I like it very much.

I'm on the 5th mission of the campaign, where I have to make a very low flight to an ambush point waiting for a convoy coming on the road, about 4km away.

The problem is that the road runs inside the forest making useless any try to seek and find the convoy.

After some trials I found out that if I lower the trees visibility from the options menu the furthermost trees disappear and I can see the convoy.

Of course this is a cheat. Does it have to do with the new 2.5 Caucasus map and some mission became really unplayable after the update, or I have to use another technique?

Thanks in advance

Enjoy flying

Hello all,

I'm new user of the Gazelle and I like it very much.

I'm on the 5th mission of the campaign, where I have to make a very low flight to an ambush point waiting for a convoy coming on the road, about 4km away.

The problem is that the road runs inside the forest making useless any try to seek and find the convoy.

After some trials I found out that if I lower the trees visibility from the options menu the furthermost trees disappear and I can see the convoy.

Of course this is a cheat. Does it have to do with the new 2.5 Caucasus map and some mission became really unplayable after the update, or I have to use another technique?

Thanks in advance

Enjoy flying

Welcome to real life....

In many situations in many places around the European kind landscape you have trees or ground blocking your view so you don't get a good range.

The Fulda Cap was dangerous as it had very long open area where Soviets could use their MBT cannon range and armor benefits so NATO forces couldn't hit them nor shoot them. Otherwise if I remember correctly the post WW2 defensive analysis, it was about 97% of the terrain where open areas were <1.5km, so all were required to be designed to operate in such short range engagements.

So far are the wide open deserts and such engagement areas that ie. Desert Storm was mostly about, as enemies has lots of cover and lots of concealment.

And that means you really can only attack by flying parallel with the road, have a ground troops to signal you the timing when to start attack or then get the enemy to halt their movement (what they wouldn't do!) so you can fly over them from any other direction and bomb them.

So for helicopters it is just a nightmare, only way is to get to end of the corner and wait that vehicles comes to the long straight road and then shoot the leading vehicle from there, and that leads that every other vehicle scatters a side of road and you are again unsuccessful.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Any statement by the devs, that they plan to do so? If not, it would be a waste of time to wait. On the other hand, buggy missions are not too much fun, too. Quite a dilemma...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.