A-10C Red Flag Mission 3 issues

scotth6

Hi,

I did just finish this mission, but noticed a few things in the four goes I had at it.

I did complete the mission twice before, but for some reason it wasn't recorded and I needed to redo the mission. DCS seemed to forget I did the mission at all, as there were no failed attempts recorded either (it did tell me mission complete on both occasions). Today I completed it and went straight on to the next mission to make sure it would progress this time, and it did.

While on approach to Nellis, I contacted for inbound, and was told to go to alternate. There didn't seem to be an alternate specified in the briefing. I didn't know any other field frequencies, and I thought of landing at Creech, but couldn't find any info or frequency on the kneeboard. I ended up just landing and parking at Nellis anyway, and passed the mission, so this is just a note.

As noted in a couple of other threads, during my ground attack, I contacted JTAC and went through the full procedure, and was cleared hot, but as soon as I released weapons JTAC was shouting "ABORT, ABORT, ABORT - you do not have permission" This happened each time I did the mission. During the successful run today, he actually shouted "Blue on Blue!" which of course had me concerned, even though I knew I was at the right location and hitting the right enemy (Artillery on the road). It was even stated in the 9-line that friendlies in proximity were not an issue. I checked the log at the end of the mission, and neither me or my wingman hit any friendlies.

As I say I passed the mission, but there seems to be a bug with JTAC in Mission 3.

Loving the campaign and 2.5, so thanks!

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

At my end the JTAC doesn't answer on any request in every mission... :mad:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2