su-25t target slew axis

ebabil

Settings menu shows this section passive, so i can't assign my throttle's mini stick to it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Are you using TARGET? If you are you can program the axes to send key presses. That's how I do it & it works fine.

Got the same problem... Would really appreciate a short "how to" program the axes... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Take a peek at these two pictures. The first one shows what's needed to have the mini-stick generate a key press when pushed left. The second pic is to the right. The UP/DOWN is exactly the same principle.

REQBiw9.jpg

N32cNPo.jpg

This is the basic setup for a radar cursor slew - please note I'm using the arrow keys for this but DCS default are , . ; / so bear that in mind

If starting from scratch make sure you're in TARGET's Advanced Mode and you've created an event by double clicking on the desired axis on the throttle's 3D model. Make sure too that you've selected Axmap2

W494y0h.jpg

Event name is up to you.

Key Command is the key you want the mini-stick to activate.

Type is what kind of key press. There are four available but we want Hold because we want our radar cursor to slew for as long as we hold the stick.

Delay is default - no reason to mess with this.

Now the sexy part - the big arrow represents the axis' range of movement. The orange region is where the axis will generate a key press - in this case if the axis is found to be within that orange 0%-40% zone then it will hold down LARROW which will slew my cursor left. The red bar is simply showing us there's another key press programmed (slew right RARROW) on the same axis.

So we have <0----LEFT----40> <--20% deadzone--> <60----RIGHT---100>

I'll attach the TARGET profile if you just want to import the relevant bits.

TEST.rar

Take a peek at these two pictures. The first one shows what's needed to have the mini-stick generate a key press when pushed left. The second pic is to the right. The UP/DOWN is exactly the same principle.

REQBiw9.jpg

N32cNPo.jpg

This is the basic setup for a radar cursor slew - please note I'm using the arrow keys for this but DCS default are , . ; / so bear that in mind

If starting from scratch make sure you're in TARGET's Advanced Mode and you've created an event by double clicking on the desired axis on the throttle's 3D model. Make sure too that you've selected Axmap2

W494y0h.jpg

Event name is up to you.

Key Command is the key you want the mini-stick to activate.

Type is what kind of key press. There are four available but we want Hold because we want our radar cursor to slew for as long as we hold the stick.

Delay is default - no reason to mess with this.

Now the sexy part - the big arrow represents the axis' range of movement. The orange region is where the axis will generate a key press - in this case if the axis is found to be within that orange 0%-40% zone then it will hold down LARROW which will slew my cursor left. The red bar is simply showing us there's another key press programmed (slew right RARROW) on the same axis.

So we have <0----LEFT----40> <--20% deadzone--> <60----RIGHT---100>

I'll attach the TARGET profile if you just want to import the relevant bits.

Great, thanx a lot, buddy!

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

I am not using a TM device and Target software. in fact i don't use su-25t either.

i have installed 2.5ob recently and haven't installed my modules execpt uh-1. so i wanted to give a try with su-25t. iirc, i used to use mini stick for target tracking. and now i can2t assign my mini stick to it. i fear this may happen to su-25, su-27 etc as well.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5