TrackIR not as smooth in 2.5 as 2.2 and 1.5.8

Jacks

I have noticed that TrackIR becomes a bit choppy when panning across the front of the cockpit. It is perfectly smooth when looking to the sides. I have also noticed that when you centre your view looking forward, your view zooms in very slightly as if this is a feature of DCS 2.5. Maybe it is this auto zooming that is making TrackIR feel not as smooth as it should when panning your view side to side across the front of the cockpit. When panning across the front it feels as the FPS has dropped to 30 with ghosting and tiny micro stutters but the FPS counter shows a solid 60FPS. The wierd thing it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes view panning is buttery smooth and other times it a bit choppy despite FPS always being as solid 60FPS. Has anyone else noticed this?

I hope ED can address this and make using TrackIR as smooth and an enjoyable experience as it was in both 2.2 and 1.5.8

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, someone else with this issue! Does this sound like this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199880

The only solution: set you cockpit resolution display to 512 or 1024 EVERY FRAMES, strange issue but that's the only solution i've found.

Thanks droopy I will try this work around!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a lot of problems with track ir and DCS 2.5:

- i've tried 3 full/clean install of 3 different OS : win 10 1511/1607/1709

-full clean install of 2.5

Trackir is always stuttering regardless to VSYNC ON/OFF/FAST/ADAPTIVE/GSYNC ON/OFF / FIXED REFRESH RATE

When i pan to look outside view from cocckpit, left or right the immage is NOT smooth, if i run the game without trackir and use the keyboard numpad to pan, it smooth as butter, so it's not an fps related problem, ED please fix trackir!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

" ED please fix trackir! " Since not everyone who uses TrackIR is having the problems you are, then I think it more falls to NaturalPoint to fix your problem. Since your view pans smoothly without using TrackIR, why would you not suspect the TrackIR hardware when the view is "choppy" during it's use?

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

" ED please fix trackir! " Since not everyone who uses TrackIR is having the problems you are, then I think it more falls to NaturalPoint to fix your problem. Since your view pans smoothly without using TrackIR, why would you not suspect the TrackIR hardware when the view is "choppy" during it's use?

I've tried another trackir unit from a friend of mine, and the problem is still there, I am not blaming ED, maybe some piece of code in 2.5 need to be checked, anyway this trackir thing is so frustating, i'VE tried 3 different clean OS installs ( win 10 1511/1607/1709) and with all of them i have this problem, my drivers/chipset/ are up to date, tried dozenz of gpu drivers as well, tried setting trackir prioriy in task manager to real-time/highest priority, no change....i will post a video so you can see by yourself.:badmood::(:(:(

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Goa,

I understand your frustration and that of others who are experiencing similar issues. Once again, as complex as DCSW is, I suspect there are frequently going to be hiccups whenever ED issues a new update or iteration. This is STILL a "Beta" release and your problem is indicative of why. With so many differing hardware configurations out there, that is probably always going to happen. You have posted in the right forum for the "bug" you are having and I think as ED prioritizes all the "bugs" that came with 2.5, they will find time to address yours. I only responded to your thread thinking that perhaps you were having a hardware issue. I know I have had with my TrackIR on occasion. Outside light sources are a constant issue.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

You don't mention it so I have to ask... What does NP say and is there anything on their forums? May be something there which might help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

You don't mention it so I have to ask... What does NP say and is there anything on their forums? May be something there which might help.

their replies are always the same "we have not been able to replicate the same issue", so for them everything is ok.

At this point i suspect there are conflicts with opengl and direct3d.

with Tobii Eyetracker 4C the performance is also terrible and all other than smooth, it's a general problem with any tracking device (TrackIR/VR).

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

Hmm, my TiR5Pro works.

It's gotta be something that some have and some don't, that is even harder to pinpoint as it lilely is NOT in ED's code. All TiR users would suffer if it was the code but not all suffer this.

Strange is, that one member said going to "every frame" fixed it. That setting is usally the cause for many getting exactly that problem and unticking it cured the problem. It puzzles me that is is inverted now..ehhhhhhhhhh what do we get wrong here ? O_O

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Interesting issue. My TiR5 Pro works fine. I've been using just the plain 512 setting for Cockpit Resolution. I haven't seen any more responses on those with issues if lowering that resolves their issues.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Interesting issue. My TiR5 Pro works fine. I've been using just the plain 512 setting for Cockpit Resolution. I haven't seen any more responses on those with issues if lowering that resolves their issues.

I've tried all the solution:

- reinstalled 3 different buil of win10 64 pro ( 1511/1607/1709 built)

- reinstalled DCS 5 times

- tried all drivers for my gpu

Trackir is stuttering under 120fps, I have exactly the issue of the guy in this post : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=176131

I am running an i7 7700k@4.8 ghz + 32gb ddr4@3200mhz / Gpu Asus rog strix OC 1080ti / SSD samsung Evo 850 500gb

If the fps drops below 120fps I would get stuttering with trackir but if I disable trackir and move the numpad to move around, everything is smooth as butter even at 60fps......

I've tried all combination of gsync on/off vysnc on/off/adaptive/fast both in game settings and nvp settings......

for some reason under 120fps trackir would generate stuter when paning around.

I turn off v sync in DCS and turn it on in my NVIDIA card settings. Have you tried that on your graphics card? Also, with that setting I pretty much run in the 60-70 FPS range with a GTX 970. Never saw the high fps you have but mine stays smooth.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Here are some steps which u may can follow if u not already did:

Windows Power Plan

-Control Panel

-Hardware and Sound

-Power Options

-There u click on High Performance

Next:

Do u use Windows 10 ? If yes u are aware of the Gaming Mode of Windows 10 ?

Go to your:

-Windows Settings

-Gaming

-Game Mode

-There u can activate it.

If not because i think after last updates u need to activate it inside the Game then do this following steps:

-Go into DCS

-Start a quick mission (doesnt matter which one)

-When all is loaded press : Windows + G

-Then the Windows Game Bar should open

-There u can activate the Gaming Mode

What else ?

TrackIr5 Software

For myself i realized that the TrackIR5 "Precision" mode makes it smooth but also gives me some micromicro stutters. Therefore i have it turned off.

Nvidia Settings:

Go into your Nvidia Control Panel and look inside the "Manage 3D Settings" for Power Management and be sure its set to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

GPU Tuning Software:

Do u use a tuning software such as AISuite ? If yes then turn it off when u using DCS

Nvidia Driver:

Which Nvidia Driver are u exactely using ? For me after 377.81 i only get problems. Currently im using 377.31 without having any problems.

VSync/ Your Monitor:

What kind of Monitor do u use ? Do u really need 120FPS? Maybe u can try to force your Monitor to 60Hz when u have a 120Hz monitor ? Maybe u can try to force all to keep 60FPS/Hz.

But i dont want to start to discuss about 60/120FPS/Hz and there benefits this is a personally thing :D

Maybe some of these steps will help you. let me know if u find something out with that.

I turn off v sync in DCS and turn it on in my NVIDIA card settings. Have you tried that on your graphics card? Also, with that setting I pretty much run in the 60-70 FPS range with a GTX 970. Never saw the high fps you have but mine stays smooth.

that fixed my tracker judders, back in the day when i flew 2d.

in game vsync on and it was a judder fest, even though the counter stayed smooth.

try using adaptive v sync in the NVidia control panel.

i got higher average frames and smoother trackir.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Here are some steps which u may can follow if u not already did:

Windows Power Plan

-Control Panel

-Hardware and Sound

-Power Options

-There u click on High Performance

Next:

Do u use Windows 10 ? If yes u are aware of the Gaming Mode of Windows 10 ?

Go to your:

-Windows Settings

-Gaming

-Game Mode

-There u can activate it.

If not because i think after last updates u need to activate it inside the Game then do this following steps:

-Go into DCS

-Start a quick mission (doesnt matter which one)

-When all is loaded press : Windows + G

-Then the Windows Game Bar should open

-There u can activate the Gaming Mode

What else ?

TrackIr5 Software

For myself i realized that the TrackIR5 "Precision" mode makes it smooth but also gives me some micromicro stutters. Therefore i have it turned off.

Nvidia Settings:

Go into your Nvidia Control Panel and look inside the "Manage 3D Settings" for Power Management and be sure its set to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

GPU Tuning Software:

Do u use a tuning software such as AISuite ? If yes then turn it off when u using DCS

Nvidia Driver:

Which Nvidia Driver are u exactely using ? For me after 377.81 i only get problems. Currently im using 377.31 without having any problems.

VSync/ Your Monitor:

What kind of Monitor do u use ? Do u really need 120FPS? Maybe u can try to force your Monitor to 60Hz when u have a 120Hz monitor ? Maybe u can try to force all to keep 60FPS/Hz.

But i dont want to start to discuss about 60/120FPS/Hz and there benefits this is a personally thing :D

Maybe some of these steps will help you. let me know if u find something out with that.

I already tried all the options you have mentioned, I am having this problem from long time, if fps are less than 120fps for example 100 or 90 trackir became jerky, if I turned if off and use the keyboard or joystick hat to move around the game is fluid also at 70,80,60 fps, the problem is only with trackir.

if fps are less than 120fps for example 100 or 90 trackir became jerky,

I'm not sure if this will help but it sounds like your problem is related to processor load (when fps drops the problem is more apparent), so maybe if you change the TIR processor affinity to a cpu core that DCS is NOT using or change the TrackIR process priority then it might be more responsive.

(both settings accessed from Windows Task Manager, Details tab, and right click TrackIR. you can also use Task Manager to determine which cpu core DCS is using)

Try ProcessLasso and tie DCS to real cores only.

Many have found PL to be very helpfull, also to fix stutter.

It is not the golden tool, but it may solve it for you too.

With your specs, their should be no stutter or jitter anywhere in DCS.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Try ProcessLasso and tie DCS to real cores only.

Many have found PL to be very helpfull, also to fix stutter.

It is not the golden tool, but it may solve it for you too.

With your specs, their should be no stutter or jitter anywhere in DCS.

I already tried processlasso, it is not a game problem itself, if running DCS without trackir it is smooth as butter, getting 80/100 fps with MSAA8, all on ultra etc etc, if enabling trackir when paning around to watch outside the cocpit left/right and if the fps are undr 120 I got some sort ot jerky/tearing/ghosting immage.

We almost running the same system, I am on a i7 7700k/32gb ddr4 , gsync asus pg728QR (165hz) etc etc....

I'm not sure if this will help but it sounds like your problem is related to processor load (when fps drops the problem is more apparent), so maybe if you change the TIR processor affinity to a cpu core that DCS is NOT using or change the TrackIR process priority then it might be more responsive.

(both settings accessed from Windows Task Manager, Details tab, and right click TrackIR. you can also use Task Manager to determine which cpu core DCS is using)

already tried with all the possible solutions, still get stuttering if using trackir, without track ir everyting is perfectly smooth.

Have you tried a different usb port ? It could ve a USB polling issue, heck it most likely is, just how to fix

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Have you tried a different usb port ? It could ve a USB polling issue, heck it most likely is, just how to fix

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hi mate, of crouse I tried it.

I've tried all usb ports, I've disconnected all other usb devices and tried only with trackir in all usb ports, my chipset and usb drivers are up to date (I have a ASUS Maximus VIII HERO so it should not be a crap motherboard), tried also different BIOS version without findig any improvement.

I also unistalled trackir following correct instructions from natural point , removed all dupliccates in windows registry.

Also as I said installed 3 different WIN10 64BIT PR0 builts ( 1511, 1607,1709), tried vsync on/ff, tried fixed refresh rate and diabled GSYNC as well, tried Vsync in NVCP, OFF IN game and VICEVERSA.

TrackIR is smooth only at 120 fpr or higher, if fps drops below 120 I would get stutter.

As my english is not good at all, for the sake of good order this are the synthOMS i am having:

"t is consistent with some of the other responders have described - when you turn your head very quickly, there are no issues, the view snaps with no delay or stutter. When you turn your head slowly, there is a definite (though consistent) step-wise motion of the image, almost as if the TrackIR is being sampled at a very slow rate. "Notchy" is a good description - the image moves in discrete steps (like "click-click-click") that is seeming to skip frames. This occurs even in Precision mode.

Note that there is NO jerkiness at all if you keep your head still and just turn the aircraft - the image you see is incredibly smooth and lifelike. It is only panning with TrackIR that shows the issue. Panning with mouse or hat switch is also smooth as can be."