New VR Settings for 2.5

Wags

If you perceive the world too small or too big, then you can adjust the games IPD - set to match you headsets for example, that you calibrate/set during the setup (for Oculus, not sure how it works with Vive etc). Some titles call it World Scale.
thumbup.gif

Yeah, I seen this setting in FlyInside and its quite useful! I've gotten a cockpit so small it felt like being inside a model airplane.

I'm not sure how it will relate to the outside-the-cockpit world like troops and stuff, but it would be nice to shrink the A-10C cockpit down a notch in VR just to see how it fits.

Either way, these are great upcoming options for the VR community!

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Interesting that now "hand controllers" are there. Like does that mean a official support for a cheap devices (20€) like "Leap Motion"?

As year or two ago I tested the Leap Motion and the real challenge was to set it up. I managed to find a app that allowed to get a virtual mouse, but then it was almost impossible to get mouse click operate as the application required fancy finger gestures (pinching) or pointing closer.

So even when you could move cursor on screen, you couldn't "click" anything.

That was then with the TrackIR + Leap Motion.

Now when the VR came by, I tried it while back again. Why? Because this time the DCS got the actual mouse click support via keybindings! YEAH!

So I could bind "Left click", "Right Click" and "Mouse Wheel" to my HOTAS, FINALLY!

Now I just needed to move a mouse with finger.

Yeah... It works, but not really. The app that I used to use, crash randomly after couple seconds from starting or so. As it ain't supported by the Leap Motion "Orion" update, and might have something to do with Windows 10.

But when it does work those few seconds (best has been about 15-20 seconds!) it is amazingly good.

I have the Leap Motion attached to front of the Throttle (glued to throttle front part, pointing slightly forward) so all that I need to do is flex my left index finger forward on throttle when it is 50% or more forward, and I can move the cursor around on screen, and then press button in stick to emulate left/right mouse clicks!

Far better than reaching for a physical mouse, touchpad or trackball next to throttle.

I would like to see the Leap Motion "Orion" implemented so we could attach the device to HMD and get the mouse cursor pointer that way, as it works very well in the Leap demos, but even their own official "Touchless Mouse" doesn't do anything.

All I would want is to get the mouse cursor moved around HMD with working manner so I can click physical buttons in stick to left click etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

:D Fantastic ED. Joy for VR users!! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

WAGs already stated that ED is going to work with PIMAX (nextgen of VR, fingers crossed) once they release their product next year. Maybe with their LeapMotion add on we will finally get virtual hands that work in the DCS cockpit!

Very exciting times, Hornet in VR is going to blow my mind!

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Interesting that now "hand controllers" are there. Like does that mean a official support for a cheap devices (20€) like "Leap Motion"?

As year or two ago I tested the Leap Motion and the real challenge was to set it up. I managed to find a app that allowed to get a virtual mouse, but then it was almost impossible to get mouse click operate as the application required fancy finger gestures (pinching) or pointing closer.

So even when you could move cursor on screen, you couldn't "click" anything.

That was then with the TrackIR + Leap Motion.

Now when the VR came by, I tried it while back again. Why? Because this time the DCS got the actual mouse click support via keybindings! YEAH!

So I could bind "Left click", "Right Click" and "Mouse Wheel" to my HOTAS, FINALLY!

Now I just needed to move a mouse with finger.

Yeah... It works, but not really. The app that I used to use, crash randomly after couple seconds from starting or so. As it ain't supported by the Leap Motion "Orion" update, and might have something to do with Windows 10.

But when it does work those few seconds (best has been about 15-20 seconds!) it is amazingly good.

I have the Leap Motion attached to front of the Throttle (glued to throttle front part, pointing slightly forward) so all that I need to do is flex my left index finger forward on throttle when it is 50% or more forward, and I can move the cursor around on screen, and then press button in stick to emulate left/right mouse clicks!

Far better than reaching for a physical mouse, touchpad or trackball next to throttle.

I would like to see the Leap Motion "Orion" implemented so we could attach the device to HMD and get the mouse cursor pointer that way, as it works very well in the Leap demos, but even their own official "Touchless Mouse" doesn't do anything.

All I would want is to get the mouse cursor moved around HMD with working manner so I can click physical buttons in stick to left click etc.

I also have leap motion. While testing the orion software virtualizer on flat on a desk it works well (to show the hands- not DCS).. but it had horrible tracking in hmd mode with the sensor held up vertically. But this is all done in the leap motion setup software. The product has soo much potential but support is horrendous... leap motion alone cant even be a useable mouse alternative.

I want that also, just to have leap motion move the cursor with one hand while the other hand manipulates a joystick to initiate a function

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I'm an ED customer since lockon and even after all of these passed years, i'm still amazed about the high quality content you're always bringing at every release.

ED= no.1 best professional company within the whole videogames industry!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

inter-pupillary distance IPD, has nothing to do with the size of objects. It Is the distance between the pupils of your eyes. setting this distance determines whether or not your eyes have to strain in order to view and keep in focus 2 superimposed images as in the case of VR. So that each image matches the center focal point of each eyeball. Setting the wrong IPD causes eyestrain and headaches.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

inter-pupillary distance IPD, has nothing to do with the size of objects. It Is the distance between the pupils of your eyes. setting this distance determines whether or not your eyes have to strain in order to view and keep in focus 2 superimposed images as in the case of VR. So that each image matches the center focal point of each eyeball. Setting the wrong IPD causes eyestrain and headaches.

IPD has everything to do with size. Simply adjust the IPD slider while in-game you will see it. I work on the hololense at work, IPD is very important for sense of depth and scale on this device, or things do not look like they are scaled to the real world properly. You are right in the sense that it is for adjusting the distance between pupils, this affects image distortion, aberration, etc. But it also affects your perception of scale.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I removed the batteries from my touch controllers ages ago. My conclusion was that they are a kludged solution.

I can just imagine trying to manipulate the throttle and stick in formation for a refuel, letting go of the throttle so I can find where I last left my touch controller so I can then throw a switch or touch a button. Seeing that I'm slowly backing away from the formation. Needing to touch the throttle but can't yet cause I now have the touch controller in my hand. Throw the switch... desperately get rid of the touch controller and adjust the throttle before getting too far away.

Uh huh... That will be fun. Worst than grabbing the mouse. Gonna need holsters for the controllers.

Physical IPD on the HMD Does this, AKA Focal IPD, Adjusting the IPD of the Lenses to Match your Eyes for clarity and reducing eye strain.

Rendering IPD changes the IPD between the rendering viewports within the engine itself., thus adjusting scale.

Matching the Rendering IPD to the Focal/HMD's IPD will make every Appear 1:1,

Closing Rendering IPD will make objects seem larger, Opening Rendering IPD will make objects seem smaller..

Basically, you're scaling your head size, smaller Virtual IPD will shrink your head, making everything seem huge, larger VIPD will make your grow your head, making everything seem small.

The Same Applies to VR Video Recording,

if the Lenses while recording are close together, the video when played back with HMD will seem large in scale,

if the camera lenses are farther apart the video will play back and seem everything is smaller.

Which is why Video Content on VR Sites seem to have different Scales even though you have not changed anything on your HMD.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Great. So once again you quote me, and then create a post in an attempt to somehow show I was wrong. Sorry, but I was not wrong given the information at hand. My definition was 100% correct. The fact that you are talking about 2 different kinds IPD was never mentioned in the original post nor was it mentioned in the screenshot. So how is anyone supposed to know which one you're talking about. My post was related entirely to the physical IPD adjustment. You must be fun at parties. :-)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

Physical IPD on the HMD Does this, AKA Focal IPD, Adjusting the IPD of the Lenses to Match your Eyes for clarity and reducing eye strain.

Rendering IPD changes the IPD between the rendering viewports within the engine itself., thus adjusting scale.

Closing IPD will make objects seem larger, Opening IPD will make objects seems Larger.

Basically, you're scaling your head size, smaller Virtual IPD will shrink your head, making everything seem huge, larger VIPD will make your grow your head, making everything seem small.

if the Lenses while recording are close together, the video when played back with HMD will seem large in scale,

if the camera lenses are farther apart the video will play back and seem everything is smaller.

Which is why Video Content on VR Sites seem to have different Scales even though you have not changed anything on your HMD.

Great. So once again you quote me, and then create a post in an attempt to somehow show I was wrong. Sorry, but I was not wrong given the information at hand. My definition was 100% correct. The fact that you are talking about 2 different kinds IPD was never mentioned in the original post nor was it mentioned in the screenshot. So how is anyone supposed to know which one you're talking about. My post was related entirely to the physical IPD adjustment. You must be fun at parties. :-)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some would call it sharing knowledge. I for one learned something new.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Finally IPD in DCS.

This was added some time ago in Assetto Corsa and was night and day for VIVE users.

I think that some if not most of the games, use a default IPD for Oculus rift that makes for Vive users the world to look small.

Also, our real world IPD is different for each person so we perceive the world different regarding size.

Fly and let fly

Ummm, he actually answered and explained it very well, I was curious about this as well. Not sure why you are acting like he insulted you.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

dumb question,

why not read the IPD value off the HMD and use that one?

This setting is a "World Scale" IPD setting, so there's really no point in linking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Closing IPD will make objects seem larger, Opening IPD will make objects seems Larger.

Excuse Me?:

I Explained, in Detail, How the IPD Setting on the DCS 2.5 Menu would indeed Scale the world around the user, as your post stated that IPD would not have any affect in response to other users asking if the setting would help users who see the world as too big or too small.

I did not say outright that you were wrong, I stated that the Physical IPD on the HMD controls Focus (which was validating your statement with further information attached), while the Rendering IPD within the Graphics Engine Controls scale, changing the settings within DCS World Changes the Rendering IPD, not the Physical IPD on the HMD.

But I'm so stuck on my DCS Throne I guess that an informative post automatically turns into a direct insult to you for some reason.

Dilly Dilly.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs