HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

For 2080Super do the same but loosing only 5 FPS and then compare all, level of details and investment.

Make me feel old, as my Nvidia 980GTX from (i remember correct late 2015) + Reverb is doing smooth, albeit everything set to low. Before I upgrade, i'll have to lock up the wife for a few days so she dont notice me buying & changing videocard.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I7 7700k 4.2Ghz oc 4,7Ghz, Asus 2080ti, 32Gb RAM, SSD

DCS: All maxed, except visual range HIGH, Heat Blur LOW, MSAA 2x, SSAA OFF, Terrain Shadows FLAT.

Steam VR and WMR for Steam VR in last betas

Steam VR video slider: move to get native resolution approx.

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector"

All instant action missions at stable 45 fps. Some missions with many objets and in land, perhaps a little less.

Hi Gonvise - thanks for that information. What FPS do you get in multiplayer?

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

When you make start pc its de hp reverb in 60hz and have screen flickering. Unplug usb and re plug a have 90hz. :mad:

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Question.

My reverb has been working well but yesterday I started to get momentary kicked back to the steam grid page with the stars and hills. It had never done this more than once for an instant with both my O+ and the reverb. Then out of the blue its constantly dropping back the grid every 30 seconds or so for maybe 2 to 5 seconds. Its pretty much not playable.

What causes this menu to appear?

I dont recall making any setting changes since it last worked well.

I dont see FPS dropping below 45 often (no more that it did before and it never went to grid)

any ideas?

Thanks

Question.

My reverb has been working well but yesterday I started to get momentary kicked back to the steam grid page with the stars and hills. It had never done this more than once for an instant with both my O+ and the reverb. Then out of the blue its constantly dropping back the grid every 30 seconds or so for maybe 2 to 5 seconds. Its pretty much not playable.

What causes this menu to appear?

I dont recall making any setting changes since it last worked well.

I dont see FPS dropping below 45 often (no more that it did before and it never went to grid)

any ideas?

Thanks

Do you use Malwarebytes? If so, this causes a problem. You must add an exception or close the application when using DCS.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Worth mentioning that one big plus with the Pro over Consumer is you get support from the business side on the Pro and they will ship out replacements and then you send the faulty one back. With the consumer version you send it back to be repaired or replaced.

Well, turns out this is not true anymore - I was told by HP that they changed this earlier this month, and now you'd have to send in the faulty one first before they consider sending a replacement or repairing the faulty one... bummer.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thats interesting I do.

It never caused an issue before... I'll look into this now.

Thanks!

Yes, I know there were no problems before. Probably some update of windows caused a problem.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Well, turns out this is not true anymore - I was told by HP that they changed this earlier this month, and now you'd have to send in the faulty one first before they consider sending a replacement or repairing the faulty one... bummer.
This is what I got yesterday after calling HP a few days ago (faceplate has started peeling). Note I went to their workstation dept who deal with the business side.

Important – Return procedure

HP, in most cases, requires the return of the good and/or defective parts associated with your CSR event. HP encourages you to return the part within three days of receipt.

CSR = Customer Self Repair

I believe they are sending out a new headset, I will know on Monday! This is in the UK BTW

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hi , the hp reverb have a real FOV at 114 or less ??? VS valve index near 120/130 ?.0

In theory, but the outer portions of the FOV are a blurry mess.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does anyone know if it's ok to wipe the lenses with alcohol?
I always used a soft glasses cleaning cloth to wipe the ones in my Odyssey. I never used any liquids or chemicals on them.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Does anyone know if it's ok to wipe the lenses with alcohol?

No!!

I use a microfibre cloth, and my breath on the lenses.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

ok thank's becasue i read one to calculate exactly FOV = h106 v96.

.. :(

Its about like the CV1 honestly. Which also has the crappy image at the edge issue, actually all headsets do.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

In theory, but the outer portions of the FOV are a blurry mess.

If you are talking about the Index, then that is not my experience.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

If you are talking about the Index, then that is not my experience.

Reverb mainly. But most headsets aside from the index have this issue to some extent because they are using single element fresnel lenses.

Is anyone with the reverb able to read the warning panel lights on the right side console in the F14?? No cheating methods just simply looking at the panel and maybe leaning in a bit.

and by read I mean actually read it and not simply recognize a word by the approximate lenght of the characters and its location.

PS In regards to my previous post about DCS constantly fading to steam grid it was indeed caused by malwarebytes. I simply went to exclusions and excluded the DCS folder and its great again.

Thanks!

Gun

Edited by Gun Jam

Hi

I just received 10 days ago my new HP Reverb Pro. Until last weekend I havent had the chance to install and try it. First of all I have to say the change on visual quality compare with the Lenovo Explorer I get last Christmas is just huge.

My PC has an Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 18Gb Ram DDR3 1600, 2x256GB SSD, HP Reverb Pro... and it seems it can handle DCS in VR quite better that the Lenovo Explorer.

BUT I am having issues with the HMD going black, first during 5 seconds or more... and the second or third time permanently… When I take off the HDM the screen of the monitor is showing the VR application I was running.

And this happens to me not only in DCS but also other two VR games and trying and even when in the WMR house.

I have uninstalled the WMR twice with the same result.

Does anyone of you suffered something similar and by chance it has been solved? Can be the reason my computer is not enough? Or should I contact HP and ask for a replacement?

Thanks for any help

BUT I am having issues with the HMD going black, first during 5 seconds or more... and the second or third time permanently…

Acording to HP, that shouldn't happen with new units:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/HP-Reverb-screen-going-black/td-p/7144758

Aparently is due to the cable not being well fixed to the HMD, that was the main reason of the Delay of the Reverb.

Hi

I just received 10 days ago my new HP Reverb Pro. Until last weekend I havent had the chance to install and try it. First of all I have to say the change on visual quality compare with the Lenovo Explorer I get last Christmas is just huge.

My PC has an Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 18Gb Ram DDR3 1600, 2x256GB SSD, HP Reverb Pro... and it seems it can handle DCS in VR quite better that the Lenovo Explorer.

BUT I am having issues with the HMD going black, first during 5 seconds or more... and the second or third time permanently… When I take off the HDM the screen of the monitor is showing the VR application I was running.

And this happens to me not only in DCS but also other two VR games and trying and even when in the WMR house.

I have uninstalled the WMR twice with the same result.

Does anyone of you suffered something similar and by chance it has been solved? Can be the reason my computer is not enough? Or should I contact HP and ask for a replacement?

Thanks for any help

I have the Reverb for three weeks and I had the same issue since the first week. Initially I thought that it was a failure from the device, I notified the problem to HP in Spain, and they sent me a new glasses in a couple of days. I tested the new HP Reverb and during the second day I had the same issue: black screen, in DCS and other aplications.

So, everything seems to point to the cause is not the device, but a software problem. I have done tests of all kinds, reinstalling windows 10, steam vr, beta and non beta, changing usb ports, etc., without results so far.

So I need help too... :llorar: