Only VR Users Could Appreciate this Feature - wow!

DerekSpeare

I just installed the Aeromacci MB339 and hopped in it for a test flight. I enabled the mirrors and there it was...IMMERSION to the MAX!

:thumbup:

@wags - can whe have this for all of the planes? (the body isn't necessary since it gets in the way anyhow)

Get the mod here:

http://www.freccetricolorivirtuali.net/

BTW, the frame rates in this plane in VR are VERY smooth!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Objects in mirror get smaller as they get closer...the new warning label!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Started a thread in the Viper section a while ago. It's not just VR related. It would be nice in any case. It adds so much more!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241629

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

That has been previously on many other modules as well. But they all share the same problem that is mentioned, Z-axis is inverted.

And then there is the common design flaw that all the mirrors seems to be totally wrongly positioned. You are not suppose to admire your make-up (a la F-14B) nor look at your weapons loadout (a la Su-25) but you are suppose to see behind you, so you do not need to turn head to see your six-clock.

There is a module where the mirrors are actually usable for dog fighting, I don't now recall what module it is but you have excellent view to rear. The L-39 has one of the best mirrors as you can see clearly your rear part, so when you are flying in formation, you can see your wingman from 1-2 km distance via mirror, so you know when the wingman has changed their heading and position.

The similar excellent mirror is in the Mi-8MTv2, you can very well observe your rear part without looking out, what makes huge thing when you are landing on the ship or tight spaces as you have better understanding of your positioning and attitude.

When all modules (oh, sad F-16....) gets the convex mirrors all things gets better.

You can easily see how nicely does the F-18 pilot see behind and below/sides of the aircraft via mirrors.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.