VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Maybe check that your mic is still working and that it is still properly configured in VA.

Also worth checking, I have to unplug my headphones, when using VA, as its mic tends to trump the mic on my Rift, which is the one that is set for VA.

Edit: oh and just in case you have recently updated DCS, delete the export.lua file, in your saved games/DCS/scripts folder and reload DCS and VA/VP.

Edited by Greyman

Hi Greyman,

I tried deleting the script file, at first I thought it may work because I was hearing the beep after I say a command however it was frustrating because I had switched windows and when I switched back to my mouse was not working in VR.

After rebooting I tried VA and no luck. I'll play with again tomorrow when I have more time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Keywords Training Mode issue

Hello Gentlemen,

When I activate the Keywords Training Mode and read a command phrase, nothing happens in the VoiceAttack window. I don't get recognition and at which confidence level.

See attached picture. My microphone definitely works and is picked up by VoiceAttack as indicated by the red line at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

117188775_Keywordeditor.thumb.PNG.4e3fcc457c3ac1b9138358d11797fa57.PNG

Maybe check that your mic is still working and that it is still properly configured in VA.

Also worth checking, I have to unplug my headphones, when using VA, as its mic tends to trump the mic on my Rift, which is the one that is set for VA.

Edit: oh and just in case you have recently updated DCS, delete the export.lua file, in your saved games/DCS/scripts folder and reload DCS and VA/VP.

Thank you for your suggestions I think you were 100 percent right it was my mic. To be honest it was driving me a little crazy I knew I was so close to it working but I couldn't make it. I ran through a the windows mic setup and I saw it registering audio in VA.

The next command I'm onto is TACAN Tune.

Hello Gentlemen,

When I activate the Keywords Training Mode and read a command phrase, nothing happens in the VoiceAttack window. I don't get recognition and at which confidence level.

See attached picture. My microphone definitely works and is picked up by VoiceAttack as indicated by the red line at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I have the same problem. The training mode just doesn't seem to work for me. I gave up on it.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

ATC will not respond to J-11A Voice Attack/VAICOM PRO

Good day, I am having an issue with the J-11A module not receiving any response from ATC regardless of the airfield that I am flying from. I do not have this issue with any other aircraft, I have run the repair function and it has not resolved the issue. I flew identical takeoff and landing missions out of Mozdok in the Su-27 then the J-11A to have a comparison flight. I checked the logs and noticed an error during the J-11A flight at timestamp 13:25:27.282 that says ' ALERT callname 1 not found for Pilot #001'. This error is not present in the log during the Su-27 flight and seems to be where the issue is occurring, I have the full log file as well as snips of each aircraft's entries in the log and will attach them here if possible. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have an open case with ED support (#89503 ) and their reply to me was to post this issue in the J-11A forum for DekaIronworks and their ultimate reply after several days of back and forth was that they don't use VA and that I should post here, something they could have said on day one.

You can see in the main log file that for the J-11A flight the program cannot find a pilot number and is looking for two folders ( disabled_player and redirect_atc ). The only change made to my installation was I ran the command line to switch from the Stable branch to Openbeta so that I could access MP servers. All mods have been removed and I have run the repair function and am still getting the same results with the J-11A.

PC specs

Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GEFORCE GTX 1060 3 GB RAM

LOG.txt

Hi,

In your Windows Control Panel make sure speech recognition uses the correct mic device.

Grtz

Hi Hollywood,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. My microphone works perfectly with MS Speech Recognition and with VA. The only issue I have is when entering Keyword Training mode. MS Speech recognition hears me, and so does VA. However, there is no activity and action in the VA window and it doesn't give the recognition and at which confidence level. This is weird and I cannot solve the issue.

Good day, I am having an issue with the J-11A module not receiving any response from ATC regardless of the airfield that I am flying from. I do not have this issue with any other aircraft, I have run the repair function and it has not resolved the issue. I flew identical takeoff and landing missions out of Mozdok in the Su-27 then the J-11A to have a comparison flight. I checked the logs and noticed an error during the J-11A flight at timestamp 13:25:27.282 that says ' ALERT callname 1 not found for Pilot #001'. This error is not present in the log during the Su-27 flight and seems to be where the issue is occurring, I have the full log file as well as snips of each aircraft's entries in the log and will attach them here if possible. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have an open case with ED support (#89503 ) and their reply to me was to post this issue in the J-11A forum for DekaIronworks and their ultimate reply after several days of back and forth was that they don't use VA and that I should post here, something they could have said on day one.

You can see in the main log file that for the J-11A flight the program cannot find a pilot number and is looking for two folders ( disabled_player and redirect_atc ). The only change made to my installation was I ran the command line to switch from the Stable branch to Openbeta so that I could access MP servers. All mods have been removed and I have run the repair function and am still getting the same results with the J-11A.

PC specs

Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GEFORCE GTX 1060 3 GB RAM

It might seem like a stock answer, but have you tried deleting the export.lua file, under saved games/DCS world/scripts? You will need to restart DCS and VoiceAttack after deleting the file. The switch from stable to open beta might have "confused" something.

I don't think it will. The J-11A is not an aircraft i have flown before, so i thought i'd give it a try and although VP does suggest that it supports the aircraft, i am not overly sure that the ATC commands work with or without VP.

As you say, the SU-27 works fine, albeit with, for me at least, illegible Russian responses, but there doesn't appear to be anything behind the ATC bit of the comms menu for the J-11A. I can get the ground crew to respond, but ATC does not appear to answer, even though DCS does appear to have actioned the command. I wonder if the Chinese assets have been installed properly by the update that added the J-11A?

As you have also posted this issue in the ED part of the forum, you might get more joy from ED or from someone else that has experienced a similar issue.

Edit: ah, sorry, was testing it out and hadn't checked whether you had posted again. It might be that the module only works with easycomms, as may be the case for the FC3 aircraft, with no radio tuning available. I'll try switching easycomms on alongside VP and see if that works. Nope, that doesn't appear to work either, but then again, i can't seem to get it working with VP off either. sorry

Edited by Greyman

I have come to the same conclusions, and the fact that the J-11A is not part of the original FC3 aircraft makes sense. Perhaps they just did not completely model the ATC commands for the China assets pack. I have also experienced where DCS appears to take action on my voice command, if I say ' Request takeoff' I get no verbal response however if you open the comms menu at that point the next option is 'Abort takeoff' so obviously the command was received and executed just no verbal response from ATC. It appears that no one anticipated the J-11A would be used with Voice Attack, thanks for your responses and I will post if I get this resolved, lastly you mentioned VP several times in your response, what is VP? Did I miss something? Anyway, thanks again and have a great day.

Understood, and you are right many people do call it VIACOM like the media company! I searched all the DCS aircraft folders I could find in my DCS installation and you are absolutely correct, I saw every aircraft except the J-11A. Even in the CHN folder there are DCS components but no folder for the J-11A itself. Looks like I may be out of luck on this one, I will wait and see if anyone else responds to the thread.

Thanks for sharing the log. It states a script is missing a particular 'Callname 1' input parameter.

This appears very specific to J-11 and not seen in other modules i.e. problem seems to originate in the module code.

The plugin does not use this parameter but, since the script halts, the voice command cannot complete.

Suggested to contact the module developers for a fix.

What you can try as workaround in the plugin is switch off these prefs: Force NATO ATC names / callsigns.

May have some effect so worth a try.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I have tow operational questions. I was flying the F-18 using multiplayer on a server that had multiple tankers in the air. I waited till I was somewhat close to the tanker I wanted before I said Approaching for Refueling. To which VA selected another tanker to direct me to.

Is there a way to specify which tanker you are calling?

Secondly I was not able to get the TACAN Tune Xray 74 command to change the tacan frequency.

Thanks

Thanks for the input Hollywood, however I already contacted the developers and went back and forth for 4 days before their last reply of ' We don't use Voice Attack/VAICOM. They completely buried the lead in this case, if they would have said that on day one I would have pursued other solutions. I actually thought about the NATO callsigns as a possible route, I will try that and reply back my results. If this does not work I may be out of luck, I opened a case with ED they said go to the developers forum, that wasted 4 days and now your suggestion is to contact the developers so if the workaround you suggested does not work I guess I am out of luck. Thanks again for the reply.

I opened a case with ED they said go to the developers forum

Yeah that does seem the way to go. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Is there a way to specify which tanker you are calling?

Sure, just use the Select voice command. So 'Arco,.. Select' or 'Shell,...Select'.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for sharing the log. It states a script is missing a particular 'Callname 1' input parameter.

This appears very specific to J-11 and not seen in other modules i.e. problem seems to originate in the module code.

The plugin does not use this parameter but, since the script halts, the voice command cannot complete.

Suggested to contact the module developers for a fix.

What you can try as workaround in the plugin is switch off these prefs: Force NATO ATC names / callsigns.

May have some effect so worth a try.

Grtz

Just created a mission at Tibilisi for the J-11A after closing DCS, making the change on Preferences tab, closed VA and restarted, restarted DCS and created the mission, opened the mission and am getting the same results, no comms at all. Thanks for the suggestion but no joy in Mudville tonight.

Hi,

I noticed today that Vaicom Pro does not tune the radio in the Mi-8.

I have easy comms OFF.

I have 'Select Tunes Radio' ON.

Is this as intended or is there an issue? It has worked so far in all the other aircraft I have tried.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Yeah, I have it set up and it's pretty cool. You need to import the F10. It's briefly described in the VAICOM manual.

However, there is one catch. The F10 airboss menu has to be always in the same place as you have exported it, i.e. it requires always same F-key sequence so to speak.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. I never see the comments updating into the database to put in the viacom profiule. I have the F10 export checked but I swear it doens't do it.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Version 2.0 download, Add-On Modules download?

Hello,

Bought the whole package tried to get this to work (one full Sunday) but no joy, to the point had to repair a few DCS installs (1.5, 2.0) as Vaicom broke them, or I did in trying to get it working. Voice attack works 100% fine.

:(

Would anyone be able to point me to version 2.0 download (with add-on modules downloads)? Download links here lead nowhere: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151296. Maybe I will have better luck with previous release, seems less complex.

Any pointers to downloads would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"