Q: Slewing the Waypoint on the EHSD Map

HawkEXO

I guess that many thungs are kinda broken when spawning with no waypoints stored from the ME.

If you spawn with no waypoints, you also only get 00000 readouts on the MFD for enteres waypoints, while you get a correct readout when already spawning with them.

Maxbe this could have to do somethubg with it, but had no time yet to onvestigate more.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I guess that many thungs are kinda broken when spawning with no waypoints stored from the ME.

If you spawn with no waypoints, you also only get 00000 readouts on the MFD for enteres waypoints, while you get a correct readout when already spawning with them.

Maxbe this could have to do somethubg with it, but had no time yet to onvestigate more.

Exactly what I am seeing. I have been able to reproduce the case that this only happens to me when I load the simulation without pre-defined waypoints. If I load a mission file that comes with waypoints, I can slew to edit them just fine. Otherwise, I am seeing the zeros per above, and the airplane symbol slews instead of the map as I have outlined.

You guys that are having more success... can you please try creating a mission with NO waypoints at all, then create a couple in the EHSD and see if you can edit them by slewing.

FYI: since my last post, I have performed a repair but it did not fix my issue.

You guys that are having more success... can you please try creating a mission with NO waypoints at all, then create a couple in the EHSD and see if you can edit them by slewing.

AFAIK it's a known WIP bug and the DCS Harrier *needs* to have at least one way point entered in the mission editor before you can add others.

At one time I thought I'd found a work around but later ran into issues like you are seeing.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

From what I read Mk points are created on the map at the aircraft position, and are kind of inserted between the current way point and then next one, but I haven't really learned how to use them yet.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Afaik, its more like a second "set" of way points. If you have a flight plan with say, 3 way points and you make another 3 mark points, when you start cycle them, it will go WYP 1, WYP 2, WYP3, MRK 1, MRK 2, MRK 3. Once selected, they can be edited just the same like way points.

How do you create markpoints, what is the difference to normal waypoints?

(I only know them from the A10c)

As far I know, difference between waypoint and markpoint should be just that markpoint is quickly created, why you get just the lettering for it.

And then waypoints are more accurately created points just for flight route.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not much as it looks now. Would be good to know exactly, what to expect from TOO.

The TOO button (Target Of Opportunity) is meant to give you quick way to drop a markpoint under your aircraft on the ground while you fly past a target.

So you fly low, and suddenly you come over a opening and there is enemy units there. You simply press TOO and now you have a Markpoint on the ground on that location.

The TOO is currently bugging, the markpoint is positioned directly bottom of your aircraft in air, instead on the ground. The TOO would actually use a radar altimeter to position the target point on the ground straight below your position. So you can fly past the target and press TOO to get it designated.

Then you can just keep flying a while, turn around and all your sensors are slaved to the point on the ground that was created by pressing TOO.

You can get creative with it, like you see something, you start your strafe run or rocket attack, and after firing, you press Too to designate target point.

Now you can easily return to that location for another attack as you see the range and its position.

It is like the RECCE/EVENT/MARK switch in the F-18C hornet stick, that creates a markpoint in the flight log etc. So you can in the depreview then later go through them and use the position etc as your assistance to make report.

In the changelog of last beta :

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM

• Removed GBU-16 x 3 from loadout menu (Bombs do not fit on the Racks)
  • Designating a target will save the position as a steerpoint (targetpoint)
  • Steerpoint navigation has been improved
  • Steerpoints (waypoint, mark point, target point) can now be designated as targets
  • Steerpoints and their offsets will change to a diamond if designated as targets
  • Steerpoint offset bug fixed
  • TACAN and TACAN offset navigation bugs fixed.
  • EHSD page bug fixes.
  • TACAN library enabled (5 TACAN stations data is loaded based on selected map).
  • EHSD Data page: TACAN information display is fixed.
  • Added training MIssion 15: dumb iron bombs

Lot of good changes for Waypoint !

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I create a waypoint point (I set the coordinates), before taking off I create MK0. But now the direction of flight and the distance to the point are not displayed.

Sorry for my bad english.

Sorry for my bad english.

I create a waypoint point (I set the coordinates), before taking off I create MK0. But now the direction of flight and the distance to the point are not displayed.

... the DCS Harrier *needs* to have at least one way point entered in the mission editor before you can add others.

At one time I thought I'd found a work around but later ran into issues like you are seeing.

Be careful if flying a Harrier with no mission waypoints as DCS CTD when I was on the EHSD Data page (MK0 N 0°, E 0°, 0 ft) and stepped back to a non-existent waypoint from MK0.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.33057

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Be careful if flying a Harrier with no mission waypoints as DCS CTD when I was on the EHSD Data page (MK0 N 0°, E 0°, 0 ft) and stepped back to a non-existent waypoint from MK0.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.33057

Thanks for the info. And this thread.

This was driving me crazy. In a created mission with no Waypoints I was getting the 'plane moving bug' and CTDs...

Heya

When slewing a waypoint on the EHSD with the TDC the directions seem to behave very oddly.

Like everything is rotated 90 degrees or something. Or flipped. Or something.

Is this a bug or intended... or have I got my TDC mapped wrongly?

I have my TDC set up on a 5 way thumb switch on my warthog throttle.

Visually similar to how the AV8B throttle looks in cockpit. However I can’t see the “directions” of the visual TDC in the cockpit.

I have set my switch up thus:

TDC Forward: Switch forward towards plane nose

TDC Aft: Switch aft toward plane tail

TDC Left: Switch toward plane window port side

TDC Right: Swtich towards my body plane starboard

TDC Down: Press the button

That seems to make sense to me and it works the DMT TV screen logically to me.

Any I doing something wrong?

No, the TDC seems to work: UP = North, but since you are in moving-map, and the map is oriented to your aircraft, UP is not upward within the EHSD.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

No, the TDC seems to work: UP = North, but since you are in moving-map, and the map is oriented to your aircraft, UP is not upward within the EHSD.

Is that even correct as it makes it a lot harder for the pilot to use one feature, move the waypoint, when its direction changes based what mode the map is?

I would think that designers made that UP is always UP, not to NORTH.

IIRC, you can press MAPM and then N-UP in order to toggle between north-up or your direction up.

Edited by BlackLightning
misstyped a word

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

IIRC, you can press MAPM and then N-UP in order to toggle between north-up or your direction up.

Sure you can, but I would believe that regardless the map direction, TDC UP would move the cursor (or any waypoint etc) UP regardless is map NORTH or is it HEADING.