Guess what! Easy AAR! - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-21-2020, 04:21 AM   #161
Baco

I really cant get why some people get threaten by options that make life easy for casual players...

Maybe I want to feel the inmersion fo having to refuel but dont have "a lifetime" to learn it.

Maybe I want to do a MP mission with my squad and have AAR in it, but dont want to force anyone to become proficient at it... WHAT IS WRONG with that.. tell me...

I am a parent, I have a full time job, I share domestic responsabnilities with my partner...
I dont have hours to learn special skill, or whatever...

So what the heck is wrong with cutting me some slack and letting me ask for a simplified AAR method?
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #162
Gregkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post
I really cant get why some people get threaten by options that make life easy for casual players...

Maybe I want to feel the inmersion fo having to refuel but dont have "a lifetime" to learn it.

Maybe I want to do a MP mission with my squad and have AAR in it, but dont want to force anyone to become proficient at it... WHAT IS WRONG with that.. tell me...

I am a parent, I have a full time job, I share domestic responsabnilities with my partner...

So what the heck is wrong with cutting me some slack and letting me ask for a simplified AAR method?
Couldn't have said it better
Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3400 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related )
Gregkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #163
Emmy

So long as it can be disabled server side, meh, why not?

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #164
Photon

Well said Baco
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:38 AM   #165
MustangSally

+1

Quote:

Obutto Ozone
i9-9900K @ 5.1,
ASRock B365 Pro4 M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
MSI 2080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips 43inch 4k monitor
Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra,
MFG Crosswind pedals, DS FLT1
HP reverb & TrackIr
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #166
stormridersp

Quote:

+1

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #167
sirrah

Quote:
First of all, personally I have nothing against having both options, but I can imagine that some of our community members are concerned that adding more and more "easy"/"game" modes would eventually move DCS in a more arcadish direction for the masses.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when ED announced the new MAC game. I much rather saw them invest all their resources in improving and fixing DCS (but I'm probably short sighted and I do realise that ED needs to make money to be able to provide us this wonderful sim)
System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #168
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
First of all, personally I have nothing against having both options, but I can imagine that some of our community members are concerned that adding more and more "easy"/"game" modes would eventually move DCS in a more arcadish direction for the masses.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when ED announced the new MAC game. I much rather saw them invest all their resources in improving and fixing DCS (but I'm probably short sighted and I do realise that ED needs to make money to be able to provide us this wonderful sim)
I had the same concerns with MAC but as it turned out that it will be separate product I'm actually fine with it as that means more focus on the DCS as a study sim, hopefully more money for ED and possibly some more separation from simplifications. There is however big problem with moving away from FC3 aircraft as they are invaluable pack of Russian aircraft not available in any other form in DCS.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #169
Sprool

Well said, Baco. Its a bit elitist attitude tbh Hawkeye, I spend hours practicing and still find it far harder than you do. So you're a more skilled flyer than a lot of us newbs. Now we have that out the way is it practical to have a selectable mode you can choose to help with autopilot guiding the plane to the probe when close enough, a bit like the quickstart cheat? Its at the discretion of the player then, to have the experience of tracking down the tanker, getting close enough then getting help with the refuel. I'd use it until I got good enough to do without it.
Sprool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:58 PM   #170
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
To be honest, after almost 10 years here, I would prefer instead of a new game, a new business model altogether. Instead of relying solely on pricy module sales, I'd be more than happy, perhaps even more, to pay for DCS World upgrades. 3.0 then another upgrade at 3.5, 4.0 and so on.

After 10 years I can clearly see that if they need to launch so many unfinished modules and pause their development and completely neglect the core for so long just to survive, perhaps this new business would better balance things instead of releasing yet another product.

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote