Guess what! Easy AAR! - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #151
discwalker

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mb0b View Post
Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.
Unlimited fuel is not an option good to use, good thing to learn fuel management. You like to add more limitation to other paying customers. Not a good thing to fly an all time heavy plane. Fuel dump not decrease fuel level when you set to unlimited fuel in su-33 and su-27. So you unable to alter payload weight in air with fuel level.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #152
randomTOTEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
Unlimited fuel is not an option good to use, good thing to learn fuel management.
Good thing to learn Air to Air Refueling. You play simulator, right?
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #153
SharpeXB

I want automatic landing. I fly near the runway and the plane lands itself.
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
SharpeXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:28 PM   #154
speed-of-heat

then you should create a separate thread for that

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #155
randomTOTEN

I want automatic combat, you lock up bad guy and pull the trigger and he explodes....oh wait.
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #156
discwalker

I want randomTOTEN to do AAR to us, gamers. We need an option to pass control every time to randomTOTEN if we need AAR, and can't do ourself. Becasue he is so kind to elevate us.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #157
Pikey
Veteran

I still don't understand this thread. I honestly don't know why anyone that couldnt AAR would need a cheat to do it when it's already optional. It's not an elitsm thing (although, AAR is not hard or elitist).
If you can't AAR, don't.
No one is forcing anyone, it's not a requirement for "Level 2" content. If you want to do a longer mission, put unlimited fuel on.

If you find unlimited fuel wrong, then why does an AAR cheat make unlimited fuel wrong and AAR cheat OK? It's simple basic common sense, it's not needed. The maps are max 400nm, the combat range of most jets, assuming the airbases are on the edges, but they aren't, they are all through the maps. You are never more than 50nm from an airfield, go back a tad earlier and refuel. Refuelling is almost pointless on these maps as it is, it's really a flavour item that isn't required to be able to play anything. Before anyone says, "But i'm 150nm from an allied airbase", what the hell is a tanker doing there in the first place? A HVA like a tanker wouldnt be there in the first place, the S3 over the CV.... not required because there aren't enough planes causing enough queues to make you need to refuel. All the reasons for having a refueller imply that the person requiring such a thing in a mission wants to do something that isn't required and is using another excuse for not having done what they should have done in the first place, like plan for fuel, not sat in AB for the last 10 minutes, done any route calculations or preparation, designed a mission that wasn't realistic, the list goes on.

If you have time to be in the air long enough to use all your fuel and are too far from an airbase to refuel at, you have time to practice AAR and stop wanting an automation that you will never use and feel good about.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #158
Photon

What I don't understand is the people who are opposed to the idea of something they don't have to turn on for themselves.

As shown in a video on the previous page, one option is to have "heatseaking baskets" like it was way back when.

Another rather easily implemented option is for the AI to take over your plane when you're in a nice position.
None of these options should be extremely hard to code/implement as far as I can see.
Photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:21 PM   #159
Pyker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
If you find unlimited fuel wrong, then why does an AAR cheat make unlimited fuel wrong and AAR cheat OK? It's simple basic common sense, it's not needed.

If you have time to be in the air long enough to use all your fuel and are too far from an airbase to refuel at, you have time to practice AAR and stop wanting an automation that you will never use and feel good about.
It's not right, it's not wrong, it's not needed, they would just LIKE it. They would find it more FUN. What is difficult to understand about that?

Edit: if that was not clear enough: I have nothing against and find nothing ´wrong' about optional easy AAR if ED does not either.

Last edited by Pyker; 06-21-2020 at 05:53 AM.
Pyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #160
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyker View Post
It's not right, it's not wrong, it's not needed, they would just LIKE it. They would find it more FUN. What is difficult to understand about that?

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote