Guess what! Easy AAR! - Page 15 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #141
stormridersp
Member
 
stormridersp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
Nothing. They would be just moved to MAC.

You're making fun out of yourself here, mate.
__________________
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 3600 @4.3GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3000MHz, GTX1070TI, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:05 PM   #142
Vertigo72
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
Nothing. They would be just moved to MAC.
Just so I understand. You want DCS to simulate a pilot for you with almost superhuman physique to endure 9G, even though you can not. You want that pilot to simulate someone who has passed all kinds of evaluations and practical and physical and psychological and theoretical tests, because, you (probably) can not. You want DCS to simulate that he has received all the required training and proven his abilities to even be allowed to fly, even though you, did not. But simulating a pilot who actually knows how to use his radar (which all of them do), or is able to do AAR, because some other player can not and doesnt care to, thats a red line to you?
Vertigo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #143
stormridersp
Member
 
stormridersp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo72 View Post
because some other player can not and doesnt care to, thats a red line to you?

Not only to him unfortunately. If you look elsewhere in the this forums you will find several other gamers with the exact same Myopia.
__________________
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 3600 @4.3GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3000MHz, GTX1070TI, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #144
Pyker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
Default

IMHO if an optional simplification is already implemented in DCS like easy comms, there is absolutely no reason to remove it. The question arises only for optional simplifications that aren't implemented yet like easier AAR because they would divert resources from ED. Then it is legitimate to debate whether it is sufficient to introduce them in MAC only (considering that nobody knows if/when MAC will be released). It is not a matter of what is right or wrong but what is more profitable for ED. IMHO.
Pyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #145
PL_Harpoon
Junior Member
 
PL_Harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyker View Post
IMHO if an optional simplification is already implemented in DCS like easy comms, there is absolutely no reason to remove it. The question arises only for optional simplifications that aren't implemented yet like easier AAR because they would divert resources from ED. Then it is legitimate to debate whether it is sufficient to introduce them in MAC only (considering that nobody knows if/when MAC will be released). It is not a matter of what is right or wrong but what is more profitable for ED. IMHO.

That is IMHO the only valid reason for not having this feature.


Nevertheless, I think an "Easy AAR" is a good idea.

First, if they're going to include it in MAC (which I'm 99% sure is on the same engine) than applying it to DCS shouldn't be that difficult.


Second it would smooth out the learning curve for new players, possibly reducing their frustration and keeping them onboard for much longer.


It allows AAR for those of us who are physically unable to do it.


Apart from possibly taking resources from other features there is literally no other valid reason for not having it.
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #146
stormridersp
Member
 
stormridersp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Harpoon View Post
That is IMHO the only valid reason for not having this feature.


Nevertheless, I think an "Easy AAR" is a good idea.

First, if they're going to include it in MAC (which I'm 99% sure is on the same engine) than applying it to DCS shouldn't be that difficult.


Second it would smooth out the learning curve for new players, possibly reducing their frustration and keeping them onboard for much longer.


It allows AAR for those of us who are physically unable to do it.


Apart from possibly taking resources from other features there is literally no other valid reason for not having it.

Agree, that's why I said wouldn't mind a simplification. They fanboy nerds wont use it so wont notice it while people who want or need it can have the functionality even if very simplified.
__________________
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 3600 @4.3GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3000MHz, GTX1070TI, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #147
Gregkar
Junior Member
 
Gregkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
Default

WOW, this thread exploded.

I am happy to see that there are many who share the same thoughts.
Unfortunately some others are just incapable to understand the meaning of option. Easy AAR seems like a banana, it hurts and makes them too uncomfy.

Well to be honest, your opinion doesn't even matter, this thread was created because ED told me to create it in order for Devs to see the request. So... you guys can cry all day, makes 0 difference actually

For those who asked, my personal preference would be: once i make contact and after the "you are taking fuel" message, the a/c stays locked, so i don't have to manually maintain contact all the time.

Have fun and... get a life, it's supercool to have one, trust me.
__________________
Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3400 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related )
Gregkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #148
t1mb0b
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 57
Default

cant be bothered to read 15 pages, really!


Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.
t1mb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #149
Gregkar
Junior Member
 
Gregkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mb0b View Post
cant be bothered to read 15 pages, really!


Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.
OK! if you say so!
__________________
Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3400 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related )
Gregkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #150
stormridersp
Member
 
stormridersp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mb0b View Post
cant be bothered to read 15 pages, really!


Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.

Whatever.
__________________
B450 Gaming Pro Carbon, Ryzen 3600 @4.3GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3000MHz, GTX1070TI, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.