Guess what! Easy AAR! - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #131
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Well, if that was the way to get more realistic AAR I'd certainly consider buying but I doubt it'd sell well
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #132
PL_Harpoon

Actually a thought just occurred to me.

I might be wrong but last time I heard ED is working on their new low-fidelity sim called Modern Air Combat.

If so, then I'm sure they are already working on or perhaps already have an easy AAR mode.

It's just a matter of implementing it into DCS when it's ready.
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #133
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Harpoon View Post
It's just a matter of implementing it into DCS when it's ready.
...or a time to get rid of simplifications from DCS
Old 06-19-2020, 11:34 AM   #134
Vertigo72

Yup. Definitely. Need more realism. Get rid of one button auto-start procedures, easy radio, unlimited ammo, take off assistants, hot starts and simplified G effects

No one gets to fly anything before passing realistic built-in theoretical and practical exams, just like real pilots. If you cant solve an integral, you have no business flying an F16. Impose a 5G blackout limit, unless you pass a medical that includes a G tolerance test in a centrifuge.Then your actual result is applied in to the game. Lets make it more real, because ED needs to raise the barrier to entry to limit the untenable influx of new players before they further ruin the game by doing stuff like paying for it.

Last edited by Vertigo72; 06-19-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Vertigo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #135
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo72 View Post
Yup. Definitely. Need more realism. Get rid of one button auto-start procedures, easy radio, unlimited ammo, take off assistants, hot starts and simplified G effects

No one gets to fly anything before passing realistic built-in theoretical and practical exams, just like real pilots. If you cant solve an integral, you have no business flying an F16. Impose a 5G blackout limit, unless you pass a medical that includes a G tolerance test in a centrifuge.Then your actual result is applied in to the game. Lets make it more real, because ED needs to raise the barrier to entry to limit the untenable influx of new players before they further ruin the game by doing stuff like paying for it.

Agreed. Who needs new customers these days anyways? And if one is not willing to spend a few hundreds on top gear, then well, close the door after you leave, right?

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #136
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
You failed to understand what simulation is. When I start a mission I expect simulation of a military pilot sitting in the selected aircraft flying or standing in selected space in a selected time. Simulation ends whenever I want.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #137
PL_Harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
You failed to understand what simulation is. When I start a mission I expect simulation of a military pilot sitting in the selected aircraft flying or standing in selected space in a selected time. Simulation ends whenever I want.

And obviously everyone has the same standards as you as to what a simulation is...
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #138
Vertigo72

Quote:
Simulation ends whenever I want.
Which is exactly the point. You want to end realism before you would need to prove your theoretical knowledge of Fluid dynamics in a written test. You dont want that part of being a military pilot realistically simulated. Others may want the simulation to end before the point where they need to study a 400 page manual to operate a radar, they prefer not having that part fully realistically simulated. Same with doing AAR. Whats wrong with giving people the options they want?

Last edited by Vertigo72; 06-19-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Vertigo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #139
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post

Or perhaps you are the one who fails at that. A military simulation has several different aspects and to have all in the same package is usually not viable.

A simulator then could focus more on the strategical or tactical aspects of combat. Or, as DCS, more in the Cockpit simulation itself. It could take the Logistics into consideration then perhaps the intricacies of the cockpit would be of no use while still being "ultra-realistic".

Me, speaking for myself, I'm less interested in the cockpit simulation of things and more on the combat itself. The tactics, the weapons employment and how different systems interact with or against each other, so to waste so much time and effort on an ultra realistic AAR or ultra realistic start-up sequence makes no sense. Also, DCS is video game like everything else you find on steam or wherever; meant to entertain, or do you think you make use of DCS to train your skills for...?!

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #140
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Whats wrong with giving people the options they want?
Nothing. They would be just moved to MAC.