VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

wait.. SteamVR has a spaceware implementation?????
Yes in steam VR settings under developer tab its called synchronized reprojection...or something similar to that.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Holy freaking crap!!!!!... this is outstanding!!!... just tested 4k and GPU load is down from 62-83% to 40-54%... time to test some MSAA... nice work with this!!...

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Ok just tested it on my rig (Vive Pro, 7700k, 1080), very impressive indeed and kudos to the mod creator. I can actually play with high water, flat shadow, PD1.3, and maintain 45 FPS in downtown Dubai.

I still prefer the silky smooth and crisp 90+FPS on ultrawide monitor at high settings, but I don’t mind playing in VR now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I tried this mod with the F-86F and my computer froze hard when I zoomed in to monitor the engine core gauge while starting up the bird. No crashlog was produced, since the whole system froze and I had to power cycle. No probs whatsoever with the vanilla shader pack though, so the culprit has got to be this mod. Ideas?

PS. Oh and this was in 2D, not VR.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

For people running the Oculus, is there a noticeable visual quality drop in exchange for the higher frame rates? What do you notice as the biggest quality difference stock vs this mod? thanks.

Tonemapping and HDR was missing, so the light bounce / reflections / speculars / glare, or what ever you want to call it, was minimal. Contrast was flatter too. That was the first thing I noticed, and it effects every surface, just to various degrees. Ground was a little flatter too, and so where trees - helped trees imo. But those things I could certainly live without, when the the price is more fps in VR. I honestly cant remember if canopy reflections/glare were gone too? I was very focused on fps.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi (all comments relate to Spitfire in instant action Normandy free flight)

I tried this and noticed significant improvement in smoothness (I never monitor framerates, as for me I'm happy if its smooth). I was able to increase MSAA to 4x which has reduced jaggies by 60% (subjective) and I am running PD at 1.4 with my Rift. Load times are tedious, but only because I am impatient. The lettering and overall cockpit clarity is much improved and the 'popping' of the trees has disappeared. I have my settings as per OP apart from above. Overall this takes my personal VR experience into a very pleasant place. Very many thanks you have made my day!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I tried this mod with the F-86F and my computer froze hard when I zoomed in to monitor the engine core gauge while starting up the bird. No crashlog was produced, since the whole system froze and I had to power cycle. No probs whatsoever with the vanilla shader pack though, so the culprit has got to be this mod. Ideas?

PS. Oh and this was in 2D, not VR.

sometimes you will get a big slow down in missions when you do something for the first time.

for me I got a massive pause in the harrier when I dropped my first bombs. and its all to do with the continued rebuilding of the shadders. lasted long enough for me to take off my HMD.

the next time I dropped mk82 everything went fine.

so if you zoomed in on something and it went into melt down. I would have waited to see if it finished. because I zoomed in just as my bombs hit and got a 20 second pause.

the OP does mention this as well as the length of the first load.

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Thanks Quadg. May well have been just the shaders recompiling but I have my doubts.

I waited for a couple of minutes before power cycling the machine and nothing at all happened in the meantime, just had a light gray-blue screen and the engine sound looping in the background. FWIW though, this hard freeze was similar to the ones I had when my video card was OC'd a tad too high, so I don't know... hmmm... maybe some of those shaders somehow tax the HW more, even when their processing footprint is allegedly smaller than the default? No way of knowing, so I'll just ponder whether I'll take the plunge again and reinstall. Thanks again.

Thanks Quadg. May well have been just the shaders recompiling but I have my doubts.

I waited for a couple of minutes before power cycling the machine and nothing at all happened in the meantime, just had a light gray-blue screen and the engine sound looping in the background. FWIW though, this hard freeze was similar to the ones I had when my video card was OC'd a tad too high, so I don't know... hmmm... maybe some of those shaders somehow tax the HW more, even when their processing footprint is allegedly smaller than the default? No way of knowing, so I'll just ponder whether I'll take the plunge again and reinstall. Thanks again.

Hopefully you didn't have to reinstall dcs? Or you mean you did a repair and just going to reinstall the mod?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

No, I'm using JSGME so I just uninstalled the mod, deleted the userspace fxo and metashaders folders + put the backup system shader folders back, restarted the sim and let it rebuild everything. So no harm whatsoever done :)

Ah in yea I use jsgme too. I have yet to try the mod, but will make a backup too. I hope of ED integrates it that they would maybe tune it a bit and this possibly could reduce loading times.

Sorry, I'm kind of new to OvGME. Could someone please post instructions for using OvGME to install this mod? I would like the ability to quickly enable/disable this mode without the need to rename folders.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas

But whenever that's on you are locked to 45, fps automatically. I have read that at least the beta version of steam VR has a version of asw.

** If you see an area around your peripheral vision rendered incorrectly open Bazar\shaders\deferred\_HMD.hlsl and increase the MASKSIZE value. The default is optimized for HTC Vive.

What need for Oculus?

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

0.600 seems to be working well.

Where it to WRITE?

is it right?

#define MASKSIZE 0.600 // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525f seems to be ok for the Vive

or

#define MASKSIZE 0.600f // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525f seems to be ok for the Vive

Please give me your _HMD.hlsl

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

To the OPer, and all those that have tried it out, thanks. ED is looking into it.

This is sooo good!!!... every aspect of this mod needs to be turned into an in game slider!!!

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

But whenever that's on you are locked to 45, fps automatically. I have read that at least the beta version of steam VR has a version of asw.

ah, i think youre thinking of motion reprojection in the latest windows mixed reality betas? which is basically the same as ASW, but it doesnt limit you to 45FPS, it turns on automatically if youre between 45 and 90 fps, otherwise its off (unless you set it to always on)... I dont think steamvr has anything yet and last i heard they dont intend to.. I also have a odyssey ;)

ah, i think youre thinking of motion reprojection in the latest windows mixed reality betas? which is basically the same as ASW, but it doesnt limit you to 45FPS, it turns on automatically if youre between 45 and 90 fps, otherwise its off (unless you set it to always on)... I dont think steamvr has anything yet and last i heard they dont intend to.. I also have a odyssey ;)
Yea that must be it but luckly everything has been smooth for me in the odyssey

What need for Oculus?

you need a bigger mask size because you see a bigger area than in the vive.

I use 0.605f

and yes its the line you highlighted.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyh improvement as yet. Inside the VC at low altitude I still have 45fps and externally or at higher altitudes I still have 90.

This is in the Su-25T and with almost the lowest possible settings, which is what I used to get it going smoothly before using this mod.

Maybe I can now increase settings, but surely I should see a large improvement at the base level?

Anyway, I used JSGME to implement the mod, having deleted the relevant metatech folders first - I will now do it manually instead and see if there's a difference. I'm on a 1060 gB and i5 4690k @ 4.3GHz.

I didn't see any anomolies or artefacts around the view in the Rift, but when I looked at my screenshots some where evident. I take it this is what was being referred to? If so, I'm not concerned.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2