Guess what! Easy AAR! - Page 24 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #231
draconus
DCS Ground Crew

And another "make it easier" thread came up:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=279507
Just saying if more such things would be implemented then yes, it takes away DCS from us.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:38 PM   #232
Falby

I think this thread is getting close to it's sell by date! For now ED should just concentrate on consolidating and bug fixing what we already have before even thinking of adding new features of whatever type.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 PM   #233
SharpeXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconus View Post
And another "make it easier" thread came up:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=279507
Just saying if more such things would be implemented then yes, it takes away DCS from us.
OMG no... please enough with the gamey helpers. This is a simulation!
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 06-30-2020, 11:11 PM   #234
Falby

Why are some people here so selfish. Just because you don't want something doesn't make it wrong!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:41 PM   #235
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

OK, actually, if ED wants to add helpers exclusive to Game Flight mode, I don't really care, unless this takes a life of its own and detracts development. Most servers don't allow Game X mode anyway, so it won't be unfair to others and will never become a prominent feature.

Also, it's not about being selfish or wanting to hold my ability over that of others. It's about keeping DCS true to itself and moving towards the right direction. And for me, that means that DCS needs to become more complicated and/or realistic. That's all. And I think other people here want that too. We're not as*****s, we simply disagree. Some of us more constructively and tactfully than others, true, but at the end of the day, it's just that.

Also, I'm sure you'll find a lot of people willing to help.

Last edited by Harker; 06-30-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:52 AM   #236
SharpeXB

I just don’t get the “I don’t have time” reasoning. Yeah when I first got “flying games” (I wouldn’t call that game a “sim”) I was convinced no amount of practice at all would allow me to even turn.
But building skills at this is really rewarding. It’s what the whole genre is about. This isn’t some storyline game you spend 12 hours on and then quit and move on. I expect to put in hundreds of hours on one of these modules. I want to spend time on it. I don’t want anything made easier or simplified. That’s the whole purpose here. Get yourself into the mindset to make hundreds of landing attempts. I just spent a whole week on Carrier landings and still suck at it but I’ll keep it up till I got it. This is DCS and that’s what it’s all about
Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
Old 07-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #237
probad

apparently all these people have time enough to take off, fly long enough to warrant an autopilot and a refuel, and then land, yet they 'don't have enough time' to do any of them

no, it's all bs. you have time, you are choosing not to spend it learning anything. you just want to be able to feel good without putting in any work -- but let me tell you something, you can have your easy aar and lie to yourself that you can fly all you want but you will never feel the real gratification that only comes with overcoming a challenge, and you will cry on the forum wondering why the game feels so boring and unrewarding when the problem can only start and end with yourself.

im just trying to save you grief of your own creation
but of course nobody heeded the warning about the monkey's paw either.
hahaha hey look at me i surely know more about aviation and coding than actual industry professionals hired for their competency because i have read jalopnik and wikipedia i bet theyve never even heard of google LOL

Last edited by probad; 07-01-2020 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:47 AM   #238
Jackjack171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falby View Post
Why are some people here so selfish. Just because you don't want something doesn't make it wrong!
Has nothing to do with right or wrong, it's about the purity of the sim. Otherwise, I'll go back to the other civil stuff if that's where its going. If we are not careful, we will be able to achieve 5000 KIAS and have dialogue pop up windows every second.

Yes; everyone has the right to want what they want, but there has to be a limit for the sake of the sim. My opinion only!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:03 AM   #239
nanucq

I really don't mind, if easy AAR was an option, why not ? if it can help keeping or bringing more simmers to DCS...As long as you can play DCS at maximum realism if YOU want.

"It's a simulator !!!"...."the purity of the sim"....So we probably have to remove game mode, remove unlimited ammo, invincible pilot, each time a pilot eject twice he should be dismissed, simmers wearing glasses shouldn't be authorized, every time a plane crash you should have to rebuy the module, realistic weather should be the only option, easy radio communication should be removed, fictionnal skins shouldn't be allowed, turbulences and birds should be enabled......I can keep for a long time like this. Of course, this is bullshit

The wider the sanbox, the healtier it is . And sorry but NO, it won't take that much time to enlarge the zone where the basket consider you are connected and refuel your plane...

Last edited by nanucq; 07-01-2020 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:38 AM   #240
Furiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanucq View Post
simmers wearing glasses shouldn't be authorized

Wearing glasses isn't something you would be put to ground in a real airforce. You don't have to have perfect vision.
Closed Thread