[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6 - Page 64 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 02:53 AM   #631
vracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur81 View Post
Nah, 2d with a home-built cockpit and 55 inch or larger screen with TrackIR is absolutely fantastic in DCS! I have no problem with sticking with them both for the foreseeable future.
I used to use 3 monitor with trackir setup but once I got my pimax5+ vr headset I got rid of them. The 3D depth perception is EVERYTHING when it comes to flying. I almost instantly became a much better pilot and was actually getting twice as many kills, not to mention that immersion!
So its vr or nothing for me.
Thank god its summer anyways Im always outside but really hoping they figure it out by winter, or I'm off to another sim

Last edited by vracan; 08-01-2020 at 02:57 AM.
vracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #632
GuitarBuilder

Since the latest update I have been seeing significantly more stuttering in VR. It’s present in every single player mission I have tried so far (haven't tested MP). Intensity is higher in heavy missions, but the stuttering is also immediately obvious in free flight on an empty map. Frame rate is...adequate, as in above 45 most of the time. Though I suspect the frame rate has taken a hit too. Still, there is definitely more jerkiness when looking around.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x liquid cooled
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600Mhz 32GB
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
DCS installed on Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Samsung Odyssey+ HMD

Things I have tried so far with no success:

-Updated Nvidia drivers to latest version. When no positive change, reverted to latest stable “studio version”
-Made sure hardware accelerated gpu etc in Windows 10 is turned off
-Reapplied Nvidia settings
-Made sure audio drivers are updated
-Repair, then complete reinstall of DCS
-Renamed "options.lua" file
-Removed all mods
-Hot plug devices disabled
-Motion reprojection set to “always on”
-Set cpu affinities for DCS and steam vr processes to separate cores in Process Lasso.
-Updated BIOS
-DCS is exempt from Microsoft Defender, no other anti virus software installed.
-Disabled a bunch of Windows 10 services

Last edited by GuitarBuilder; 08-02-2020 at 11:44 AM.
GuitarBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:00 AM   #633
wilbur81

Quote:
Originally Posted by vracan View Post
I used to use 3 monitor with trackir setup but once I got my pimax5+ vr headset I got rid of them. The 3D depth perception is EVERYTHING when it comes to flying. I almost instantly became a much better pilot and was actually getting twice as many kills, not to mention that immersion!
So its vr or nothing for me.
Even though my home pit is NO WHERE NEAR the expert craftsmanship and budget of this setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvAAK3pekVY), his reasons for using 2D are mine as well... especially what he has to say about sharing at 3:01... couldn't have said it better myself.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
- Faramir
wilbur81 is offline   Reply With Quote