RSBN support

-Martin-

Pretty sure this has been confirmed already

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Please would you consider adding some RSBN navigation support for L-39C/ZA, at least for the Bassel airport near Lakatia.

it is not only the L39. Mi-24P and MiG-21Bis also use RSBN navaids at this moment.

Syria operates a Soviet and Russian hardware so, they should have enough RSBN stations to cover the entire country.

:megalol:

it is not only the L39. Mi-24P and MiG-21Bis also use RSBN navaids at this moment.

Well, I did not see any RSBN channels shown on the map in Mr. Wagner's videos. Our MiG-21 module uses fake off map RSBN implementation, it is not the same as in L-39 that uses real on map assests.

Well, I did not see any RSBN channels shown on the map in Mr. Wagner's videos. Our MiG-21 module uses fake off map RSBN implementation, it is not the same as in L-39 that uses real on map assests.
It was confirmed by Maestro. I hope.that in the future, all RSBN implementations will use the same RSBN beacons.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

We really are lucky to have publicly available TACAN information for basically the entire world. I wonder (I don't know) how hard it is to find RSBN information. I tried looking for the transmitter trailer in Khmeimim but the resolution was too low and I couldn't see it (I mostly look for the shadow of the spherical antennae dome). Spotted the VOR installation quite easily though...

• 3 weeks later...

Answering my own question, after buying the map, there is no RSBN support for L-39. Shame that western planes get their ILS and Tacan, but even the few ADF beacons are at unfriendly MHz frequency as opposite to friendly kHz frequency I can tune into. So this thrread stands as I opened it, could you please add RSBN support for L-39 at least for one or two airports?

The ability to place mobile RSBN and TACAN stations in DCS editor is long overdue....

This stuff is mounted on wheels for a reason:

27_big.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I think RSBN is confirmed as coming, I suspect we will see some updates on this shortly. Does anyone know what the airfield Icon for RSBN is?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png