104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

I don't have any FPS issue but compared to other popular server I can say its little bit lower considering not many players in the server at that time. The only new issue I have is stuttering like a pause when zoom in and out but I believe this is DCS issue after new patch. The loading time was great and I didnt see any lag.

Btw, the Longbow mission just crashed as soon as Gudauta was captured. No idea if its related or not.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I know you guys hate server balance because 'reality' but it's literally 25 vs 2 or something .

Can you put some F15's on red side at least ?

Its actually quite balance on fighter for both side in some mission IMO.

Can I propose adding some AI CAPs (set them to excellent if it need be) when either side lack of human player ? That way for newbies/casual player hopefully could encourage them to choose the less player side.

What about the Pakistani F-16s already there?

Yes it's a good thing red has F16's , otherwise it would really be a co-op mission for blue.

I also realise not many people fly the F15 , so it wouldn't change the balance much if there was an F15 slot on red side i guess anyway.

Giving red team some hornets though ... I know it's not realistic but maybe it would make the missions more fun

What about the Pakistani F-16s already there?

Yes it's a good thing red has F16's , otherwise it would really be a co-op mission for blue.

I also realise not many people fly the F15 , so it wouldn't change the balance much if there was an F15 slot on red side i guess anyway.

Giving red team some hornets though ... I know it's not realistic but maybe it would make the missions more fun

I don't have any FPS issue but compared to other popular server I can say its little bit lower considering not many players in the server at that time. The only new issue I have is stuttering like a pause when zoom in and out but I believe this is DCS issue after new patch. The loading time was great and I didnt see any lag.

Btw, the Longbow mission just crashed as soon as Gudauta was captured. No idea if its related or not.

What is your specs?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

My computer is quite old.

i5 4690k @4.3 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 1070 @1080

I have about the same. It got much better when i disabled tacview

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 3 weeks later...

Server down?

Server crashes alot!

Edited by Skyracer

Is there anyway to get the tacview file from the server?

• 4 weeks later...

This past week I have started to go red with the Hornet to balance. I usually fly on a blue side because it is what identifies me, but if we are all on the blue side, the mission is meaningless. The problem is that in the Desert Víper mission the following happens. You have to travel 100 miles from Bandar Abass to intercept targets, after intercepting, you have to travel another 100 miles of chase, because they are in air-ground attack configuration and flee to take refuge in the sams of their ship fleets. This means that most of the time you have to travel 200 attack miles and 200 return miles without having achieved any objectives. The problem is that the refueling planes are over the airports of the red side and not several miles ahead protected by ships, for this reason, rather than refueling in the air, we prefer to land directly. If refueling planes were in the mid-range of the journey, it would be possible to establish an intermediate orbit without having to return to base each time the enemy hides in their aircraft carriers. Just a suggestion. Don't get me wrong, the 104th for me is the best multiplayer server in the whole community and I am grateful to be able to participate. A hug.

This past week I have started to go red with the Hornet to balance. I usually fly on a blue side because it is what identifies me, but if we are all on the blue side, the mission is meaningless. The problem is that in the Desert Víper mission the following happens. You have to travel 100 miles from Bandar Abass to intercept targets, after intercepting, you have to travel another 100 miles of chase, because they are in air-ground attack configuration and flee to take refuge in the sams of their ship fleets. This means that most of the time you have to travel 200 attack miles and 200 return miles without having achieved any objectives. The problem is that the refueling planes are over the airports of the red side and not several miles ahead protected by ships, for this reason, rather than refueling in the air, we prefer to land directly. If refueling planes were in the mid-range of the journey, it would be possible to establish an intermediate orbit without having to return to base each time the enemy hides in their aircraft carriers. Just a suggestion. Don't get me wrong, the 104th for me is the best multiplayer server in the whole community and I am grateful to be able to participate. A hug.

In Desert Viper you guys on red need to attack and capture Khasab airbase just south of Bandar Abbas to gain a foothold so the flights are shorter just as blue has to do, if you go straight for the a2a action without any groundwork you must expect longer flight times and more difficult situations.

BTW there are tankers over Qeshm Island and the base itself isn't too far from the frontline, you don't need to keep flying back to Bandar Abbas.

Edited by Mustang

In Desert Viper you guys on red need to attack and capture Khasab airbase just south of Bandar Abbas to gain a foothold so the flights are shorter just as blue has to do, if you go straight for the a2a action without any groundwork you must expect longer flight times and more difficult situations.

BTW there are tankers over Qeshm Island and the base itself isn't too far from the frontline, you don't need to keep flying back to Bandar Abbas.

Problem is that the server is not very popular anymore:(

Problem is that the server is not very popular anymore:(

It is the best open server in the entire community and brings together the best virtual pilots both on the red side and on the blue side. There were synchronization problems, weapons and systems problems with the release of 2.5.6 that are gradually being corrected that affected this and other servers. On the other hand, people have been locked up at home for four months because of Covid19 and now I suppose that people prefer to meet with friends and family rather than stay at their desk. But the 104th is and will be the best human versus human role server and I am grateful to be able to participate. Thank you

I agree its one of the better PvP servers out there. Shame the numbers of players on it have been low-ish over the past few weeks.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

I agree its one of the better PvP servers out there. Shame the numbers of players on it have been low-ish over the past few weeks.

Hopefully the players are on vacation.

Hopefully the players are on vacation.
They are on vacation (on another server). The server requires low ping to join ( 250 max?) while its understandable but also problematic to some players in distance region. I admit, sadly, no longer play in this server due to some weapons restriction. I respect the decision but then I also have a choice.

Ofc no one would miss me, so who cares lol.

Popularity fell because blue planes started to fly against blue planes on the red side. That's not interesting at all

Other servers with blue vs blue spear throwing contests are doing fine. The difference is that some allow hot starts. People have busy lives.

My favorite mission the 104th used to have was blue vs red though, think it was called Buffalo or something like that. I never see it anymore.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

a, 104th allows hotspawns now

b, the 104th has been running blue v blue for a while, thats not what caused it. Infact, theyve been running blue v bluw longer than most other airquake servers. This has specifically been an issue over the past month or so. Today and yesterday we did have some really good fights tho.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

"thats not what caused it"

So what is the issue? I cant speak for anyone else, but for me, I havnt flown on any server for quite a few months only because of lack of free time temporarily. Other then that, I have primarily only flown on the 104th. I do take time to read through DCS threads during meal times, and this is one of the threads I have been following. Just for the heck of it, I logged into 104th yesterday to see how many people were on, and I saw 2? I for one have always enjoyed the 104th and plan on hopping back in in a couple of months.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I think they made changes to the missions.

For the longest time blue was by far the most favorite team, always very lopsided.

It didn't help that all the 104th guys never flew vs eachother.

Being with 3 reds vs 15 blue's was pretty normal.

Now it seems more fun, i might give it a try again.