Hosting Multiplayer with Orbi Router

FlyBoyd

I have been trying to find an answer to this for weeks. I have a netgear modem with the Orbi router (best wifi in the house!) but when I go to host a multiplayer no one can see me.

I've tried to open the standard port 10308 but still nothing. Do I need a static IP in order to do this? Every time I play with the guys and check my IP is always seems to be the same, but I have a feeling it's still considered a dynamic IP. Also the IP in the orbi settings under the port forwarding tab starts with 192.168 and isn't the same as my actual IP. Is that the issue??

I would like to be able to host missions when the other guys can't but for the life of me I can't figure this out. Please help!!

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

For me, the problem ended up being the Xfinity routers built-in security. There is an app that lets me turn The security off. Then players could see my server on the list. make sure your router doesn’t have a built-in security firewall

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Unfortunately in the Orbi there isn’t a setting for that. It does have a built in firewall but there isn’t a way to turn it off.

I think the only way for me to do this is going to be buy a new modem and then use the Orbi as air drops instead of a router.

I do have a lot of friends I fly with with the Xfinity routers and they have all ran into that same issue you described.

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index