Growling Sidewinder Server?

Zerodark30

Does anyone know what happened to the Growling Sidewinder server? It was there one day then gone the next?

idk, but you should try out the Dynamic DCS server if you have the chance. It's REALLY good compared to the other popular servers imo. Also, I think its the only populated server that actually lets players command ground units to try to capture the map from the other team (everyone with CA can manually control ground units, but only approved players can issue waypoints, etc.).

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Now i see one server (test) with Password

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

It's bacl 00:02 min on line

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Are there ever more than 2 players on em?

That's the big problem, the hoggit servers are busy 24/7 primarily that's because where other players are, and you're forced to use SRS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Zerodark hate to ask but are you on open beta? Updater sometimes will take a while before asking to update also, which might have been why it worked recently for you

Edit: maybe you’re on to something. I didn’t see it either just now

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I'm suddenly getting a lot of stutters, and tragically it's on the verge of unplayable.

Unplayable.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• 9 months later...
Just wondering, have the missions on GS recently changed, ie more ground units added?

I'm suddenly getting a lot of stutters, and tragically it's on the verge of unplayable.

Yes same thing here. Growling Sidewinder used to be so smooth and fast on my average PC.

I5 4GHz, 16 gig ram, gtx 1070 8gig Vram and 500Gig SSHD

But now with this new mission it runs like crap. lag spike after lag spike and I look at the number of ground units and I'm not surprised ! There is two huge fronts with with ships and sam everywhere.

How can we give them feedback ? they might have super computers to play on and don't know why we all leaving? because too many units for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they could also add some restrictions for realism: Last night, I witnessed 10 - 12 takeoffs by various aircraft (Hornet, A-10, Viper) on the Blue side from the grass and/or taxi ways. Pretty ridiculous.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• 2 weeks later...

Since there’s apparently no official thread for this server I will ask here:

Do you know if I can disable Easy Communications for me in this server? I have it off in DCS options but unfortunately I think that the server forces it on you.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Since there’s apparently no official thread for this server I will ask here:

Do you know if I can disable Easy Communications for me in this server? I have it off in DCS options but unfortunately I think that the server forces it on you.

Why bother posting here. Never saw the man himself posted/replied here. Go to his discord.

Good luck

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 1 month later...

Are you on openbeta?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg