[Easter Egg] DCS: JF-17 High Alpha Research Vehicle (HARV)

LJQCN101

That's why it's called 'research'.

This is coded for FM test only, to verify your FM works as intended.

We found it's interesting, we decide to share it with you guys.

It's great! Thank you!

I just always thought high alpha capability was pretty useless unless it could be used at speed, but then that introduces other issues. In combination with an off-boresight weapon however (think AIM-9X with HMCS) it would allow the missile to be fired at a target 150 degrees off-boresight.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...

Is there such an prototype with vertical controlled thrust? I heard Chengdu is making WS-13 for JF-17, so is this suppose to be a WS-13 equipped version?

If so, why not make it official instead?

It’s an Easter egg, the real F-14 doesn’t play videos when you hit a laser target with a GBU and the real Viggen radar doesn’t have swirly pattern when you enter the right code. It’s just there as a fun little note from the devs buried inside the module and hard to find. It can’t be used unless the mission designer specified those specific failures and the pilot does the right switches

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It’s an Easter egg, the real F-14 doesn’t play videos when you hit a laser target with a GBU and the real Viggen radar doesn’t have swirly pattern when you enter the right code. It’s just there as a fun little note from the devs buried inside the module and hard to find. It can’t be used unless the mission designer specified those specific failures and the pilot does the right switches

Theres also a way to play an 80s vintage game on the tomcat if.u know how. Asteroids iirc

• uboats pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Draygoes said:

I even followed the Grim Reapers tutorial and activated the random system failures.

Thats not how you activate it. Grim reapers are also the worst source for anything DCS related

2 hours ago, Draygoes said:

So, is this trick no longer valid as of DCS version 2.8?

Still working fine for me.

Do this to activate Thrust vectoring Screenshot_1010.png

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

Thats not how you activate it. Grim reapers are also the worst source for anything DCS related

Still working fine for me.

Do this to activate Thrust vectoring Screenshot_1010.png

Grim Reapers are terrible, I second this. Boring content, haphazard, disjointed tutorials, and one guy with a massive ego who thinks he's the king of pilots. Avoid, IMO, there are much better people who make DCS content out there.

• Like 1

i7 12700, 3070ti, 32GB DDR4, Hotas Warthog, F-18 grip, Logitech pedals