Hornet Updates Much Appreciated

Phantom88

Just a quick note to say Thank You to Matt and the team from an "Older";) Flanker/LOMAC/DCS Veteran.I can not express enough how fantastic it is to be informed and kept in the "loop" on The DCS F/A-18C Project.

It's almost like pre-ordering a Custom Car and watching it built before your eyes,I think its Wonderful how open and transparent DCS has become with communicating with the DCS Community.:thumbup: It's Awesome :thumbup:

Thank You.

Patrick

mini.gif

Just a quick note to say Thank You to Matt and the team from an "Older";) Flanker/LOMAC/DCS Veteran.I can not express enough how fantastic it is to be informed and kept in the "loop" on The DCS F/A-18C Project.

It's almost like pre-ordering a Custom Car and watching it built before your eyes,I think its Wonderful how open and transparent DCS has become with communicating with the DCS Community. It's Awesome

Thank You.

Definite +1. Thanks Wags and team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes those updates are very cool. Thank you.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Very excited and yes much appreciated! These frequent updates are pretty awesome!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

As a person who has been vocal about EDs lack of information I too very much appreciate these updates and hope they continue beyond the Hornet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The mini updates are awesome indeed and they make waiting a bit easier.

Thanks Wags!

+1

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1 Ed customer from flanker 2.0 here..very grateful

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Wanted to say "Big THANKS" to Olgerd, who helps me sometimes with translations of those 'updates'' to Russian.

Thank u, Oleg! ;)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Wanted to say "Big THANKS" to Olgerd, who helps me sometimes with translations of those 'updates'' to Russian.

Thank u, Oleg! ;)

And he is answering questions about the Hornet from time to time. I really appreciate this. Thank you!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

And he is answering questions about the Hornet from time to time. I really appreciate this. Thank you!

yes, exactly;)

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Yep..THX Wags (and team)...I wait new Mini-updates...one BIG reason to come check this forum..:D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

+1

this is the best advertised module of dcs.

i hope other devs would do this.

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I agree. I think Wags and ED are doing an excellent job keeping the community updated. Also giving us and inside look at how much work they put it to give us a module as realistic as it can be. Thanks guys!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Big thanks from my side, too!

The communication is awesome and should be prototypical for the development of future modules. Imho it helps big time to give the community a feeling for the extend of detail and corrsponding work on coding as well as visuals and the neccessary development time. There were very few complaints about delays of the EA shifting from late 2017 to spring/summer 2018, that is - form my point of view - a huge communication success because Matt was transparent about the amount of work that went into e.g. the BIT and Caution-system of the Hornet and everybody was able to understand where they are and what difficulties they faced.

For me it's just awesome to experience the process - it's not wating for something to happen - it's feeling like being part of the process and that's great.

Cheers guys

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I totall y agree. This constant updates on how the modules are progressing or the newsletters informing which are the strategic goals or new work lines of ED are indeed much appreciated. Even when the updates are telling us how a module/terrain/functionality is taking longer than expected. This is helping us to keep us all engaged and send a message on how customer satisfaction is a key factor in how this company develops software.

Thank you very much.

Completely agree, and on a personal note I'd like to add it also gives me some perception that when it takes a while for the next update to get out there, the team ran into a difficult problem to tackle.

Really gives me another level of understanding of the huge project of realising this f/a.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Every mini-update, I imagine how Wags has a smirk on his face and a tingle inside when he's about to push the "tease" button!

Beautiful, beautiful stuff, that Hornet.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.