AFC + Alt Hold Audible Cues

Raz_Specter

Just a simple question,

Are there any plans to implement and audible ques to hear when AFC and Alt hold has been engagded?

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Does the real Harrier have these?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Real harrier has one when the AFC is disengaged

Roger. Hopefully RAZBAM will add this in then :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

the reason why i am asking is that many times I have poressed the button i have mapped and its not turned the switch

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

the reason why i am asking is that many times I have poressed the button i have mapped and its not turned the switch

I get it, but if the real jet doesn't have an audible notification, the DCS simulation shouldn't either.

Look at the switch visually to make sure it's up (ON) and has stayed up.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Real harrier has one when the AFC is disengaged

I'd be interested to know your source for this information. It is not mentioned in any of the declassified manuals.

AFAIK there is no audible warning / tone to notify of AP disengagement.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I'd be interested to know your source for this information. It is not mentioned in any of the declassified manuals.

AFAIK there is no audible warning / tone to notify of AP disengagement.

Hello!

THe spanish navy av8, when you put the AFC off (not the altitude hold off) has a sound

Edited by kafete

The problem is that I couldn't find any other clue about it in that manual. And yes, it's definaltey not 100% clear and I somehow have the same assumption.

THe spanish navy av8, when you put the AFC off (not the altitude hold off) has a sound

This information given, it makes sense. You should get any clue about the AFC disengaging especially in jet born flight, especially in hover, simply for safety reasons. And I don't think the spanish Matadors are any different to US or British Harrier II in that regard. If there's any real credible source, be it a document oder pilot accounts, the devs will sure add it to their simulation twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

AP is implemented yet?

Yes, since about a month ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: