Engine Start using Warthog throttle Off to Idle

Gannet

Hi all

Apologies if covered previously - tried searching. Anyone know if it’s possible to use warthog throttle levers off to idle during Engine start instead of default ralt- Home etc?

If so how? I’ve tried and can’t make it work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

i7 8770 4 16MB RAM Geforce GTX 1070 8GB, Win 10 64, TH Warthog Hotas, Saitek Pedals, TIR5, Woodburning Stove, Dog, Zamberlan boots, P&H Kayak, Getaway Car[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks the reply. Doesn’t work for me alas. I’m using latest open beta 2.5.1. Anyone else having a problem?

I’ll try a repair.

Ta

i7 8770 4 16MB RAM Geforce GTX 1070 8GB, Win 10 64, TH Warthog Hotas, Saitek Pedals, TIR5, Woodburning Stove, Dog, Zamberlan boots, P&H Kayak, Getaway Car[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

Yes i’m Getting air. PBack from the coal face so I’ll have another stab this evening. Thanks for the advice

I find it’s easiest to go idle, off and back to idle to get any engine started, not just the F-5.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

For anyone else having a similar problem, I deleted my Throttle config file in "Saved Games" user folder and let it regenerate when reloading a mission. All is right with the world again :), at least in DCS world!

• 1 year later...

Wohaa..!! This raise the throtttle “over the hump” tip works good to start my engines from stop to Idle. And at the end of the mission, when I shut down the A-10, it works as well to go from Idle to stop by tilting the Left + Right Throttle "over the hump" again..!

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

For anyone else having a similar problem, I deleted my Throttle config file in "Saved Games" user folder and let it regenerate when reloading a mission. All is right with the world again :), at least in DCS world!
Yes, the new Warthog default profile including that feature was a relatively recent release. Check either the several buttons working in two or even the three position now, Flaps, Dampers, autopilot switch as a three way master arm. It's a joy to fly with the Warthog now.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice