New interview with Matt Wagner about 2.5 update - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 02:58 AM   #11
BlacleyCole

I would like to see better access to the ai so it could be programmed to help pilots by either training them correctly or being a good crew member in multi crew aircraft why have them there if they are dumb .

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #12
FlankerMan

Um, who's the other guy (not Mr. Wagner) who's talking in the video? I've watched some of his videos on the MiG-29 campaign, and I can't find any past mission 6, but I don't know who he is.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

They are able to operate the weapons systems attached to their positions with multiple player-selected ROEs, and the pilot AI can hover or maintain level flight.
Would more features be nice? Sure. There's a wishlist forum here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=438
As it stands, they still have a functional role in combat flight.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #14
BlacleyCole

tonal role in combat, bur no†hing †o learn how †o fly correctly of †o training †he advance manuvues (sp). if Thy want a realist platform then training should have as much of a role as the actual combat. ask †he rl pilots how much time they spent training before the first combat mission and †he more systems the longer †he training

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
Old 03-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #15
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

I'm not disagreeing with you. In spite of what you seem to think, we're not all a bunch of children with no idea how the real deal works. Several members of my virtual squadron are RL pilots and aircrew, military and civilian. Many documents on training programs are publicly available and many of us enjoy learning how to do things properly to the extent that the sim allows.

My only point is that the AI crew serves a function. You implied they might as well not be there.

Multiplayer groups exist that offer exactly the kind of training you're referring to, that will no doubt expand when multicrew is implemented for the UH-1H/Mi-8MTV2 (which has been discussed for some time.)

Would it be nice to be able to do this in single player? Sure, but consider the challenges of programming an AI to accurately and correctly fly a realistic flight model of a helicopter.

Let's not derail this topic. I'd recommend opening a wishlist thread if you'd like to discuss it further with the community.

@Flankerman, the other guy is a YouTube personality with a gaming channel...I don't think he has any special qualifications but I will also admit that I don't spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos so I could be wrong.

Last edited by feefifofum; 03-17-2018 at 10:36 PM.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #16
BlacleyCole

Except for combat they don’t do anything that I’ve seen. Yes i have added a post there in the wishlist. I don’t think it would be that hard to program the ai if its do correctly.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #17
FlankerMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerMan View Post
Um, who's the other guy (not Mr. Wagner) who's talking in the video? I've watched some of his videos on the MiG-29 campaign, and I can't find any past mission 6, but I don't know who he is.
Also, he said something about the F/A-18C being the only full fidelity fourth gen aircraft. What about the M2KC?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:15 AM   #18
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Is not from ED.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #19
FlankerMan

Ahh...
Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #20
Schmidtfire

Outch. I would not use the term "highly inaccurate"... seems a bit unfair Some features still missing and some tweaks to be done? Yes.

The fidelity will always be different between projects. No module is 100% accurate to the real thing... Anyways, thx for the interview. Looking forward to some Hornet A-A videos soon @wags
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote