104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

I think it would be a good idea to introduce lives per CAS/CAP/Helicopters. Most of time I see tons of fighters on red and tons of attack aircraft on blue.

Even if blues go all fighters, all we are doing is inducing an air quake, with people re-spawning over and over again and nothing is done.

I guess an example guide for how to contact with GCI would be beneficial as well.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about your new mission and wanted to give it a try, turns out I can't join the server. The loading time goes on for a minute or 2 then sends me back to the main menu. Tried to connect maybe 10 times yesterday and even more today. Anyone else having this issue?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I think it would be a good idea to introduce lives per CAS/CAP/Helicopters.

I don't want to start doing this, it's still early days and I want to see how it matures with player numbers in an open server.

I'm reluctant to start bolting more scripts on to the mission, the stability has been great.

I also don't want to make a 'copy' of Blue Flag, those guys have worked incredibly hard to bring the community that server, I really don't want to start walking down the road of using all the features they do.

I think there is room enough in the community to have both servers operate differently with unique features over the other and still have enough MP clients to go around.

What I want people to realise as soon as possible that this mission is not always going to be 50 / 50 in terms of team balance, in fact its almost NEVER going to be 50 / 50.

Clients should fly depending on the situation they are in, sometimes you are on the defensive sometimes you can branch out and attack, but at no times should you expect to join the server and fly in a 'fair' fight.

Heard about your new mission and wanted to give it a try, turns out I can't join the server. The loading time goes on for a minute or 2 then sends me back to the main menu. Tried to connect maybe 10 times yesterday and even more today. Anyone else having this issue?

Every man and his dog almost has this problem, we have no idea why it happens, the ED team are aware of it so we are hoping for a fix further down the line.

Messing around with pressing Lalt+enter once or twice before joining the server has yielded good results for some clients.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Red are not able to load crates at any FARPS. Is that intentional?

I noticed that red MANPAD troops are not firing missiles in any case but they do capture airfields.

Sukhumi didn't had reinforcements after being captured. Nothing inbound.

H4NzEnAq.pngH4NzEnAq.png

Server is very stable. +10

Edited by jackmckay

I was trying to build a FOB, and it said something like I needed 3 small crates to make 1 Large crate, and I needed 3 Large Crates to get a FOB going. That's 9 crates, and a lot of trips back and forth, I know it's not easy, but I'd say more "Reasonable" to scale the number of trips, with the number of players or a running average per hour, as I immediately, said to myself, there is no way I'm making 9 trips of 15 min one way or 30 min round trip, per trip. Unless that's a typo, that's excessive.

The FARP Briefing images seems outdated as some names are different in the actual mission and some simply does not exist?

What map are you looking at?

All the FARPS on the map in post #1 are in the mission and are called exactly what they are called on the map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Red are not able to load crates at any FARPS. Is that intentional?

No its now fixed and bug board updated on post #2 thanks!

I noticed that red MANPAD troops are not firing missiles in any case but they do capture airfields.

I have no idea why they wouldn't shoot, they are spawned in via the CTLD script so they have no restrictions set to their behaviour, please keep an eye on this for me and see if it changes. I will mention it to the developer.

Sukhumi didn't had reinforcements after being captured. Nothing inbound.

This does work, I have seen it in testing and seen screenshots from other users (see pic below)

kt5TQtP.jpg

I will look in to it further and see if its an issue with a second or third capture of the airbase. All target airfields can be captured more than once so it may be a trigger error further along the sequence.

H4NzEnAq.png

Server is very stable. +10

Thanks, we are over the moon with how well it runs!

I was trying to build a FOB, and it said something like I needed 3 small crates to make 1 Large crate, and I needed 3 Large Crates to get a FOB going. That's 9 crates

This is very confusing I know, but it only takes 3 small crates to build a FOB despite what that message says, I will take a look at the script to see if I can edit that message.

Today's fixes... post #2 updated.

• -Red are not able to load crates at any FARPS. - Fixed
  • -Red Tankers fly to fast - Fixed

Updates

-Moved the Admiral Kuznetsov Battle Group closer to Bullseye.

-Set despawn triggers for priority airfield JTACs when airfields are captured (Banjo 11 and Venom 11).

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone,

Thanks for this mission. It is awsome. I leave you here a small sneak a pick of our squadron in the red side taking down a couple of F15 in your mission.

Thanks again. Enjoy the video guys (Is in spanish by the way)

I think we all need to be on TS or SRS at least.

And too hard to be at the same time in both. Let's think where we will communicate!

Teamspeak for talking outside the server, SRS for talking inside the server :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I remember. But in reality it's not how you think :smilewink::noexpression:

I sat and communicate in TS, SRS and in game chat :censored:

Well if you move to SR only, you won't have such issues :music_whistling:

'Shadow'

Wont happen.

We need to be able to talk to people outside of the server which is why we want people to use both.

Just mute your mic / sound on teamspeak. This way if you need an admin or an admin needs to contact you its easy to just send a message.

Our admins are not always in the DCS server but they are online on teamspeak... complaining on SRS in game that there is an issue with the mission or another client is not going to do you any good if there is no admin on SRS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3369964']Wont happen.

We need to be able to talk to people outside of the server which is why we want people to use both.

Just mute your mic / sound on teamspeak. This way if you need an admin or an admin needs to contact you its easy to just send a message.

Our admins are not always in the DCS server but they are online on teamspeak... complaining on SRS in game that there is an issue with the mission or another client is not going to do you any good if there is no admin on SRS.

First my message was directed towards Wizard, and second that is exactly what I meant......

Yes, I remember. But in reality it's not how you think :smilewink::noexpression:

I sat and communicate in TS, SRS and in game chat :censored:

Moving to SR, doesn't mean uninstall TS...., stop using it as an active communication while in-game, which also doesn't mean to not be on TS... that's why the mute option is there

I tend to go into the SR priority channel (chatter from people not on the SR channels annoys me since they don't know when to just up^^) and so far it worked very well for me.

This !

... -_-, don't know why you decided to take my words out of context

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

I can't force pilots to go in SRS from TS. Besides, in SRS were 1-2 pilot and in TS were 5-7. So I should communicate in both.

Moreover, most of pilots were outside SRS and TS :(:pilotfly:

P.S. I was GCI.

I have a buddy who consistently has issues connecting to the server, is the old network.cfg edit still a thing? Would that help? (I think I still have it in my config folder)

Mav you said you had some voodoo stuff going with ALT+ENTER, can you write that up?

I can't force pilots to go in SRS from TS. Besides, in SRS were 1-2 pilot and in TS were 5-7. So I should communicate in both.

Moreover, most of pilots were outside SRS and TS :(:pilotfly:

P.S. I was GCI.

Ask them politely, then make a statement that GCI is on 257.8(or the REDFOR one) in SR. If they want GCI, they will come over, if they don't ... well... their loss.

It is not your job to contact them(initially). They have to check in with you, or no calls/vectors. You can't know who is on what and what do they want.

Well it is double what you describe, but it highly exhausting, just "going the extra mile"

A guide or two on communications, an update to SR, to make it plug and play (mainly having to set-up gains) and people will start coming over

I have a buddy who consistently has issues connecting to the server, is the old network.cfg edit still a thing? Would that help? (I think I still have it in my config folder)

Mav you said you had some voodoo stuff going with ALT+ENTER, can you write that up?

When I join the first time I always leave it to time its self out (not that I have any other option) for around 5 minutes, after which it boots me back into the main menu and I join in again. Because the loaded files are not cached on my PC, it loads faster and I am able to join. Is your friend waiting for the game to time out ? or is he crash closing it every time ? If you crash close it, you will have to wait every time for a time out

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

When I join the first time I always leave it to time its self out (not that I have any other option) for around 5 minutes, after which it boots me back into the main menu and I join in again. Because the loaded files are not cached on my PC, it loads faster and I am able to join. Is your friend waiting for the game to time out ? or is he crash closing it every time ? If you crash close it, you will have to wait every time for a time out

Actually about this, if you have a buddy ingame at the chat, you can sometime see the other timing out while he still is on the loading screen. That is the point, I assume, that you can safely kill the game.

He is waiting for it it to connect for some minutes until something happens most of the time. I have 'some trouble' connecting like everyone else from time to time, but nothing like him. He did get on the server and it was stable (until server crashed^^) a few times.