Busy Airfields

Dav IRL

I would like the option in the editor to select an airfield 'red or blue' and select it's level of traffic.

For example:

Moderatley busy

Very busy

Extremely busy

Whichever you choose the editor places down aircraft operational and non operational and creates traffic.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Personally I'd also like to add 'empty/clean' to the list

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Development ressources could be spent better IMHO. I don't really see a need for such a feature in a combat simulator.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Development ressources could be spent better IMHO. I don't really see a need for such a feature in a combat simulator.

while I completely agree that the other broken/in-progress aspects of the sim could use priority, some of us just like to fly highly detailed military birds in a beautiful populated world with the occasional pickle.

I don't have a lot of time to fly the sim to start -- let alone two hour missions. I also don't have a lot of ME time to add X number of flights, tasking, pathing, triggers, MOOSE. AND THEN, debugging.

I, for one would love to see "add AI traffic low/med/hi" at a selected airport. Add civ and military checkboxes to mix types.

I tried to start a thread on this, but was ignored:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207659

Well you can do it all manually...

Add some random inbounds, static aircraft etc..

While technically true, reality is simply that 99% auf public missions are empty. This is just not something many mission builders whish to spend time on.

With all of the issues of lag and load times. Many mission builders try to trim out things that do not add directly to the mission as much as possible. That means excess aircraft flying around the airport for atmosphere are usually the first to go.

Maybe if they can ever get the resources to be used more efficiently, these types of things can be included more than they have been. In the meantime, choices and compromises have to be made.

With all of the issues of lag and load times. Many mission builders try to trim out things that do not add directly to the mission as much as possible. That means excess aircraft flying around the airport for atmosphere are usually the first to go.

Maybe if they can ever get the resources to be used more efficiently, these types of things can be included more than they have been. In the meantime, choices and compromises have to be made.

This!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The problem with this is the ATC, which cannot effectively control airspace around airports. A busy airfield without competent ATC would be a mess at best.

This too! I get what the OP wants and indeed would be a cool feature, but as usual it is not a simple single thing. There are many layers to the complexity of adding such a feature that needs to be worked out.

yeah that's correct but, i remember playing fsx (one of the worst performing flight sims), and i was using some ai traffic packages. thanks to these packs, airports were looking very good and realistic. this ai traffic packages generally used to have very low detailed models which helps keeping the tiny fps alive.

so very low detailed models and a magic "ai air traffic slider" may be enough for those who want crowded airports

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I am posting from a military perspective, for example:

Static airport units blue 'fills the airport with static vehicles and aircraft models' for immersion.

Busy airport 'military planes landing and taking off but non active in terms of mission design'

Very busy airport 'military, civilian and ground units parking, taking off and landing'

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.