Su-33 for DCS World Bug thread

Pelmo

Waqv2ji.jpg

Hi guys,

I want to point out these two little bugs.

The upper fuel quantity indicator does not indicate the appropriate amount of fuel. Always indicates zero fuel.

The light that should indicate that the air break is extended does not light up.

These bugs are present on all three current versions of DCS World.

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

The upper fuel quantity indicator does not indicate the appropriate amount of fuel. Always indicates zero fuel.

The light that should indicate that the air break is extended does not light up.

This indicator shows how much fuel is transferred to another aircraft. (When the Su-33 is a tanker)

Ok. Sorry I did not know.

Question, will the Su-33 be able to make tanker and refuel the other aircraft?

It would be an interesting and useful thing in some MP missions.

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

IRL, the speed brake indicator is not lighted (asked ED)

Not saying anyone is lying but to me it seems insane. I mean a switch indicating Up/Down wouldn't cost much (even if it was avionics classified) compared to what rest of the plane costs?

Not saying anyone is lying but to me it seems insane. I mean a switch indicating Up/Down wouldn't cost much (even if it was avionics classified) compared to what rest of the plane costs?

the designer is saying what to put in and what not.

Same as in the Me-163 where some machines didn't even have a compass...

Saw that mentioned on the RUS side of the forum (thanks Google translate) as well - no speed brake indicator; apparently, that's with that particular variant of the 33 modeled in DCS.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

the designer is saying what to put in and what not.

Same as in the Me-163 where some machines didn't even have a compass...

As I said I'm not doubting it's true but me personally would have fired that/those designers. One switch plus 20 m cable! :music_whistling:

Saw that mentioned on the RUS side of the forum (thanks Google translate) as well - no speed brake indicator; apparently, that's with that particular variant of the 33 modeled in DCS.

Well, the funny thing is that looks like they don't know what variant is modeled. Well, left side of the cockpit is from early prototypes, middle section is from the most widespread variant and right side is from a late variant. :lol:

As the russian comrades wrote.

I wonder if IRL the light is used to show that the wings aren't secured down instead...

I doubt it - for a start it would, IMHO, not be a good idea to assign an indication light with a new function, if the same indication has a different meaning on other aircraft with the same(or similar) indication panel.

I haven't seen cockpit footage of the indication panel with the wingfold mechanism in action, but I would imagine that the lamps for folded wings work in the same way as the ones for the landing gear - i.e. lit when folded up, flashing in transit and off when the wings are down and locked.

JJ

Well, the funny thing is that looks like they don't know what variant is modeled. Well, left side of the cockpit is from early prototypes, middle section is from the most widespread variant and right side is from a late variant. :lol:

As the russian comrades wrote.

Not quite true - there may be such elements, but the "left side" of the DCS cockpit definitely isn't from an "early prototype" - compare it to the attached cockpit photo of T10K-5(no. 69), which is one of the seven series-built test aircraft(i.e. not even a prototype) and you will see a lot of differences.....it doesn't even have the standard radar control panel(front left console).

The thing is that if you search for photos of the Su-33 cockpit, you will be hard-pressed to find two with the exact same layout.....unless they are from the same airframe of course :) .

I do agree with the point about the SPO-15 though......never seen a -33 pit with it. Either there is just nothing there at all, there is a cover plate where it should be or there is a different looking panel which appears to be for the L-150.

JJ

Not quite true - there may be such elements, but the "left side" of the DCS cockpit definitely isn't from an "early prototype" - compare it to the attached cockpit photo of T10K-5(no. 69), which is one of the seven series-built test aircraft(i.e. not even a prototype) and you will see a lot of differences.....it doesn't even have the standard radar control panel(front left console).

The thing is that if you search for photos of the Su-33 cockpit, you will be hard-pressed to find two with the exact same layout.....unless they are from the same airframe of course :) .

I do agree with the point about the SPO-15 though......never seen a -33 pit with it. Either there is just nothing there at all, there is a cover plate where it should be or there is a different looking panel which appears to be for the L-150.

Check the link I posted. The comrade talks about an early prototype, maybe another than T10K-5. So you need to check all prototypes, not only one because as you said there are not two cockpits with the same layout, to probe that the statement of the comrade is not true. :thumbup:

Edited by Ce_Zeta
comma added

Check the link I posted.

I did check the link.

The comrade talks about an early prototype, maybe another than T10K-5. So you need to check all prototypes, not only one because as you said there are not two cockpits with the same layout, to probe that the statement of the comrade is not true. :thumbup:

You don't understand - T10K-5 is not a prototype:

- Prototypes: T10K-1 & T10K-2....both built in 1987

- Series built test aircraft: T-10K-3 -> T-10K-9....built in 1990 and 1991(T10K-8 and T10K-9)

If the DCS' "left-side" cockpit layout is already newer than that of the T10K-5, then its even more so than any of two prototypes....see what I mean? :)

There is a possibility that one of the later test aircraft could have a more "progressed" layout than the T10K-5, but considering that they were series built and within a rather short time period(little over a year), I doubt there were significant differences.

The following batches of production aircraft(for operational service) did seem to have lots of variations between them(maybe as a result of operational experiences)....which is what I was referring to.

JJ

This aircraft is used in the "tanker" version.

All Su-33 in the "tanker" version is replaced with a radar control panel on the refueling bar.

The true version of su-33

4da88500.jpg

Edited by Zmot
  • Like 1

This aircraft is used in the "tanker" version.

All Su-33 in the "tanker" version is replaced with a radar control panel on the refueling bar.

Ahh so thats what it is!.

I thought that a tanker was just a regular Su-33 fitted with the UPAZ unit and always wondered where the cockpit controls for it were - I didn't realise that they are modified with a special panel for the purpose. But yes, when zoomed in, I can just make out the word "шланг"(in danish it is called "slange" and sounds the same:) ) by the yellow switch.

I never really looked closely at the panel and since the T10K-5 is a test aircraft, I just assumed that it wasn't fitted with a radar and that the panel was for some test function.

Does that mean that the tanker version has no radar - or is the control panel just located elsewhere?

The true version of su-33

Yes but even that layout has recently changed - e.g. new MFD in place of the IPV :)

Edited by Alfa

JJ

Ahh so thats what it is!.

I thought that a tanker was just a regular Su-33 fitted with the UPAZ unit and always wondered where the cockpit controls for it were - I didn't realise that they are modified with a special panel for the purpose. But yes, when zoomed in, I can just make out the word "шланг"(in danish it is called "slange" and sounds the same:) ) by the yellow switch.

I never really looked closely at the panel and since the T10K-5 is a test aircraft, I just assumed that it wasn't fitted with a radar and that the panel was for some test function.

Does that mean that the tanker version has no radar - or is the control panel just located elsewhere?

Yes but even that layout has recently changed - e.g. new MFD in place of the IPV :)

Any Su-33 can be modified into a tanker by replacing (or adding) this panel. The fuel system of all Su-33 is designed for this option.

Any Su-33 can be modified into a tanker by replacing (or adding) this panel. The fuel system of all Su-33 is designed for this option.

Ok thanks - I wonder if you could help me.

I have been working(on and off) on a 3d cockpit based on the T10K-5, so decided to try and make that "tanker panel" based on what I can see on the photo I posted.

I think I have decifered most of the switch captions, but a few are partly obscured(see attached image) and since I don't speak Russian I cannot identify a word if I can only see part of it.

Do you know or can you tell what they say from the visible parts?.....and perhaps verify that the rest is correct(see attached rendering).

JJ

Ok thanks - I wonder if you could help me.

I have been working(on and off) on a 3d cockpit based on the T10K-5, so decided to try and make that "tanker panel" based on what I can see on the photo I posted.

I think I have decifered most of the switch captions, but a few are partly obscured(see attached image) and since I don't speak Russian I cannot identify a word if I can only see part of it.

Do you know or can you tell what they say from the visible parts?.....and perhaps verify that the rest is correct(see attached rendering).

#2 Расцеп (расцепитель): release, uncouple

#3 Шланг: hose Неран???: Rewind??? Выпущ (выпущенный): Release

#1 No idea.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

#2 Расцеп (расцепитель): release, uncouple

#3 Шланг: hose Неран???: Rewind??? Выпущ (выпущенный): Release

#1 No idea.

Good suggestions thanks :) .

In regards to #3, I know that "Шланг" means hose, that the down-position is "Выпущ"(extend/release) and that the center-position is "откл"(off), so the up-position must be the word for retract or rewind, but I couldn't find a Russian word for it that somehow matches what appears to be written.

It does look like it says "Неран", but Google translate has rewind as "перемотка"

JJ

On a little more "on-topic" note - in regards to the question raised by the OP about the missing airbrake indication light in cockpit.

I came across the attached image - its from a simulator, but clearly the light in question is lit.

• Like 2

JJ